Returning to Carnival-refresher course questions..

amybear912

My mother and I are sailing on Imagination next week and I need my memory refreshed...

We've sailed this ship before... Before the recent enhancements...

1.)do they show movies in a theater or outside as part of the daily activities??

2.)is there a bar in the new Serenity area??

3.)this trip was a gift from my mother to me for my birthday and I would like to book and pay for some spa time for her to say thank you... What's the best way to do this as she has already put her cc for the onboard account..

4.) since we don't arrive in Cozumel until 1pm, ideas on what to do?? That seems too late to plan beach time as most of them seem to close around 5pm...

5.) will we be denied entrance to the MDR on formal night if we opt not to go all out formal... We aren't planning jeans but maybe nice pants and tops as we are trying to to pack light...

Thanks in advance...

1. I don't remember a seaside theatre on this ship - I'm thinking the answer there is no.

2. I also don't remember a bar in the Serenity area, but if they don't have one, they should. It also was a little difficult to find, but once you figure it out, it's not bad at all to get to -

3. You can call to book ahead as suggested above, or you can wait until you board and make the appointment for something she wants to have done and charge it to your sail and sign account - we did that for my Mom last time we were on Imagination. Not a problem at all and they do have some good onboard specials.

4. Remember that ship time is EST and Coz is CST - so you'll actually be arriving at about noon, Coz time. Keep your watch on ship's time, but if I remember correctly, Paradise Beach was open until 6pm Coz time - just before sunset - we had plenty of time there.

5. There is a WIDE variety of dress on formal night. You don't need a tux or a formal evening gown. I believe no jeans are allowed on formal night, but you don't have to go crazy and wear a tiara and 6 inch heels with a red carpet worthy dress, either. I'm sure whatever you pack will be fine.

Enjoy your cruise! I have to wait until May to get back on Imagination - love that ship!

I didnt see a bar in the serenity area either, just hot tubs and chairs.

No seaside theater on this class of ship.

You will look fine in the dining room. I was with someone who wore capris and a nice top and with a necklace she really didnt look as out of place as I would have expected.

My mother and I are sailing on Imagination next week and I need my memory refreshed...

We've sailed this ship before... Before the recent enhancements...

1.)do they show movies in a theater or outside as part of the daily activities?? No outside big screen

2.)is there a bar in the new Serenity area?? No, but no worries the bar waiters are around all the time.

3.)this trip was a gift from my mother to me for my birthday and I would like to book and pay for some spa time for her to say thank you... What's the best way to do this as she has already put her cc for the onboard account.. Go to the Info Desk and put cash on the account, book services either before you board or after. You may be able to prepay on your account, check with either your TA or Carnival direct.

4.) since we don't arrive in Cozumel until 1pm, ideas on what to do?? That seems too late to plan beach time as most of them seem to close around 5pm... grab a taxi head in and do some shopping go to Poncho's backyard for a late lunch and drinks.

5.) will we be denied entrance to the MDR on formal night if we opt not to go all out formal... We aren't planning jeans but maybe nice pants and tops as we are trying to to pack light...nope have worn black slacks and a nice top a number of times.

Thanks in advance...

Have a wonderful cruise but most of all enjoy your time together. :)

Thanks for the replies everyone...

One more question... I think...

If I pre-book a spa treatment online does that mean I don't qualify for the in-port spa specials that are typically offered... Would they credit me the difference or should I just wait and book when they're offered then go down and pay that off the bill???

Thanks for the replies everyone...

One more question... I think...

If I pre-book a spa treatment online does that mean I don't qualify for the in-port spa specials that are typically offered... Would they credit me the difference or should I just wait and book when they're offered then go down and pay that off the bill???

Correct. I made the mistake of purchasing on line and when the in-port specials were advertised, we were not able to get a credit for the difference. I would say, book on board.

Archived