Tables for 2 in specialty dining rooms

kywildcatfanone

We absolutely had no problem getting a table for two in either restaurant. My husband and I were on the Emerald Princess over Thanksgiving and we ate at the Crown Grill two nights and Sabatini's one night. Some people will tell you to make your reservations for these restaurants right after getting on the ship in order to make sure you don't have any problems. However, we just made our reservations on the days we wanted to eat there and didn't have any problems. Of course, common sense would say if you know the nights you want to eat there, go ahead and make the reservations just to be safe. But, we would actually wait to check out the nights dinner menu at the MDR and if there wasn't something that wowed us, we would make our reservations for that night at the specialty restaurants. We absolutely loved the Crown Grill and Sabatini's was very nice also. Enjoy!!

Hi folks,

On our next cruise we are planning to eat at Crown Grill or Sabbatini's and was wondering if you could request a table for two, and should I plan on making my reservations the first day on board?

Thanks,

Mike

Table for two; absolutely. You will never be asked to share a table in Sabatini's or the Grill. As for reservations, if you know exactly what you want, day and time, yes, do it asap. Especially if you want a formal night since those get sold out rapidly.

We were sailing by ourselves on the Coral and had no problem with a table for two at Sabatini's or the Bayou Cafe. We ate there on formal nights as we chose to be more casual that cruise. We had 7:00 p.m. reservations both times. Asked for a window seat and both times were seated by ourselves at a table for four at the window. The specialty restaurants also have a reasonable number of tables for two. Great views in Alaska with daylight lasting until our dinners were over.

No problem with a two-top. If it's a special occasion, say so when making the reservation and you'll likely get one of the better tables near the window (in any restaurant) which in some cases are larger than the others. The 2-tops at Crown are particularly roomy, which is a nice change from some of the small ones in the main dining rooms.

If the main Anytime DRs are crazy the first night, think about one of the specialties. We've walked right into all of them with no prior reservation on night 1. (They've never seemed particularly busy any night, with the exception of Crown on formal nights.)

Cheers,

Kirsten

Totally agree with other posters.. No problem getting a 2-top. Just ask for one by the window in the Crown - I know.. can't see anything outside anyway, but it does feel special ! And it will be a table for 4 ! Make the reservation as soon as you know what day you want. Enjoy :)

As soon as we get on board I call the dine line and make reservations. We always eat in the specialty restaurants on formal nights and sometimes an additional night. For the money it's worth the relaxing atmosphere and service.

We absolutely had no problem getting a table for two in either restaurant. My husband and I were on the Emerald Princess over Thanksgiving and we ate at the Crown Grill two nights and Sabatini's one night.

Enjoy!!

It really depends on the cruise, what the demand is.

I was on that thanksgiving cruise, and had no trouble making reservations

for Sabatini's twice during the cruise. On thanksgiving night, the

speciality restaurants were so lightly subscribed that some of the waiters

were helping out in the main dining rooms.

When I was on Ruby for New Year's eve, unless you made a reservation

for one of the speciality restaurants on embarcation day, you couldn't get

in at any time.

They had one large group complain so loudly about this that they

gave them at private reservation at Sabatini's on New Year's eve

from 11:00PM to 2:00AM.

Crazy.

Archived