Hotels near the port in Ft Lauderdale?

jenann4480

I wouldn't let the shuttle be your deciding factor,sometimes it's easier to just take a cab.

I would recommend the Sheraton FL.They have a airport shuttle to pick you up but no port shuttle.They have a great pool & hot tub area,good food by the bar,and I got it for $58/night + taxes on Priceline.

Best part?They have the most comfortable pillow-top beds I've ever slept in in a hotel.My wife wanted to take it on the cruise with us!

I wouldn't let the shuttle be your deciding factor,sometimes it's easier to just take a cab.

I would recommend the Sheraton FL.They have a airport shuttle to pick you up but no port shuttle.They have a great pool & hot tub area,good food by the bar,and I got it for $58/night + taxes on Priceline.

Best part?They have the most comfortable pillow-top beds I've ever slept in in a hotel.My wife wanted to take it on the cruise with us!

Oh my how true!

Finally a hotel that figured out what people want: a comfortable bed. We've had good luck getting either the Sheraton or Wyndham on priceline.com too for $45 or $50 (bid 3 stars/airport/$40 to start)

If you've got a month or more before your stay go to Sheraton's parent company website www.starwood.com and join their Starwood Perferred Guest (SPG) program. You'll get a membership card that will allow you to use the special VIP check in. You might also be able to upgrade your room for a nominal fee based on availability. We paid $20 to be upgraded to the concierge level which included breakfast the next day.

That works at the Wyndham too.

We paid $105+tax via Priceline. I believe it is normally $70 via Priceline. It was a difficult weekend to get a hotel room for under $200.

We walked to the port from the hotel. You can see the port parking structure from our room. We also saw the ship.

Do a "Fort Lauderdale" search on this board and you'll see lots of information about the hotels and where to eat.

I recommend in this order of preference, and we have experience with all:

Marriott Marina - great location, with a courtesy shuttle to the pier. Possible purhcase through Priceline.

Renaissance by Marriott - nice hotel with good location.

Embassy Suites - nice hotel with great rooms and full breakfast

I read that the embassy suites on 17th street provides an airport shuttle and also a port shuttle. Just booked for September for $166 total including taxes. This includes the free shuttles, the 2 hours of free drinks from 5pm to 7pm and also a fantastic free breakfast. The location is good in the sense you have a ton of stores withinwalking distance.

Last year we stayed at the Hyatt on 17th st. which was very nice but did not provide shuttles, free drinks, or free breakfast and we had to rent a car.

I read that the embassy suites on 17th street provides an airport shuttle and also a port shuttle. Just booked for September for $166 total including taxes. This includes the free shuttles, the 2 hours of free drinks from 5pm to 7pm and also a fantastic free breakfast. The location is good in the sense you have a ton of stores withinwalking distance.

Everything you said is true I have stayed there many times on business. In January our group of 9 stayed there the nite before our cruise. The shuttle service to the pier is great. We reserved the 1st shuttle and were at the pier by 11:15 and on the ship by noon.

Balanceok and Merela-

What do you input in Priceline for the Renaissance or Marriot? Airport and 4 stars? or Beach and 3 stars?

Thank you CC's for the amazing help and consideration you show all other cruisers! :)

Cassie

Go to www.betterbidding.com for great tips. Scroll down to Florida and check out a list of hotels in FLL by number of stars. Also great bidding tips, and what people paid for various hotels on Priceline.

Balanceok and Merela-

What do you input in Priceline for the Renaissance or Marriot? Airport and 4 stars? or Beach and 3 stars?

Thank you CC's for the amazing help and consideration you show all other cruisers! :)

Cassie

Go to biddingfortravel.com to learn everything you need to know before bidding on Priceline.

The comfort suites airport and cruiseport will pick you up at the airport and will also drop you off at the port. My TA paid for a room for a night even though we did not need it for the night. Our plane was arriving at 7:30 A.M. They picked us up at the airport, we had a their free breakfast (served until 9:30 A.M) and a room to relax in. We asked for a late check out until 1:00 P.M. so we could take the water taxi and see some of Ft. Lauderdale. Then, we took the 1:00 shuttle from the hotel to the port. They were very accomodating.

• 3 months later...

We just won the Renassiance through Priceline for September cruise for $102.00. Thought it was little high but bid $80 and they gave me a one time offer to up my bid $22 ... thus the $102.00 bid.

I bid downtown and 4 stars.

Vickie

We are coming in next week for the June 18th sailing on the Caribbean Princess.We are staying at the Marriott Courtyard Cruise and Port. They will pick us up at the airport for free and take us to the port the next day for free. Room are 100.00 a night. Brand new:) :p

Archived