Help to set up a Meet and Greet.

PreciousMissy

Hello all!

A roll call was started for the May 1, 2011 Spirit cruise out of New Orleans, but we're not sure of is how to set up a formal M&G with the crew. I know that we need to contact the ship prior to sailing, but what I don't know is how many people they prefer to have, or if a formal sign up list is needed. I don't want to waste their time if only 10 people are going to show up.

Thanks for all your help/suggestions!

p.s.

If you are sailing at the same time please feel free to stop by the roll call board and say hi!

Each ship has an event coordinator. You can contact NCL for the email address of that person and press on from there. They do it for probably every cruise, and have a venue and time, usually the first day at sea kind of pre-programmed in. You just need to provide an approximate number of attendees.;)

Check the "sticky" in red right at the top of the NCL board. Here it is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1300907

You, or someone on your roll call, need to start a list of those who are interested in attending a Meet & Greet (set up a word file that you can add names to). Keep promoting the idea of meeting on the ship on your roll call. The step by step directions and time frame for contacting the ship plus lots of other great ideas for successful Meet & Greet meetings are on the link I provided above. Good luck! Be friendly and welcoming on your roll call and help provide insights on ports, etc. as that can help build interest and camaderie among the roll call members. Have a great cruise!

Is there a bare minimum number of interested parties necessary to request a Meet and Mingle? I have read about these, and am eager to participate, but our roll call has been slow so far. I would love to do a slot pull and a meet and mingle, and maybe a cabin crawl, but I am guessing that you need more than 8-10 people. :(

Thank you for pointing out the sticky, I completely missed that! I am so excited!!! This is my first cruise and I want to make the most of it!

Enjoy, your trip.:D One easy way to keep track of those who want to attend the Meet and Greet is to "copy and paste". For the roll call on my last cruise either Starfish or I would copy the Roll Call and paste is to a new post whenever we added someone or the thread started a new page. The roll call also had the Meet & Greet time and place. This was done so no one would have to go searching through the post for the Meet and Greet info.

Is there a bare minimum number of interested parties necessary to request a Meet and Mingle? I have read about these, and am eager to participate, but our roll call has been slow so far. I would love to do a slot pull and a meet and mingle, and maybe a cabin crawl, but I am guessing that you need more than 8-10 people. :(

You may get a lot of people booking and joinging the meet and greet as time gets closer. 68 day's plenty of time for the group to grow.

You may get a lot of people booking and joinging the meet and greet as time gets closer. 68 day's plenty of time for the group to grow.

This is so true. I think we added about 60 people within the last 2-3 weeks before we sailed...some even up to the last two days. :)

Thank you for pointing out the sticky, I completely missed that! I am so excited!!! This is my first cruise and I want to make the most of it!

I set it up for our last cruise. I just emailed the event coordinator in August (our cruise was 1/1/2011) and asked for them to set it up. I think you need a min. of 30 people. We had 79 on our roll-call but only about 12 showed up at our meet and greet:eek:. They chose the time and place and I just published it on our roll-call. I sent a final count a week before the cruise.

we didn't get enough people for the official meet and greet, with enough time for NCL to be notified. So, we are having an informal meet and greet in the Star Bar after the muster drill. At that time we will see if enough want to have a cabin crawl, and we will plan it right then. No officers or officials, but at least we will meet who we have be talking with.

Dona

I think you need a min. of 30 people.

Why do you think that?

You could have 5 people... or 105. Just let them know in advance.

We anticipated only 10 people on our last sailing. The captain didn't come in, but Prem and his team did.... and only 6 people showed from CC.

Why do you think that?

You could have 5 people... or 105. Just let them know in advance.

We anticipated only 10 people on our last sailing. The captain didn't come in, but Prem and his team did.... and only 6 people showed from CC.

Because someone told me that on our roll call.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no minimum. We certainly had less than 30 on the M&G, I organized on the Dawn and we still had ship's officers who showed up. However obviously a M&G for 10 people would be less likely to get a lot of officers. All we had to do was inform the events co-ord on the ship and let her know our final number about 2 weeks before the sailing. (Oh and it doesn't really matter if a few people don't turn up. Especially since during the final days you usually get a couple of extras.)

I can confirm that there is no minimum. Last summer we had 9 people sign up. A few more came without having committed to coming, so we ended up with 12. It was well worth it!

This was a very port intensive cruise and the passengers were mostly European. Between those two factors, nothing on board ship had much participation.

Get that roll call going and publicize that you would like to have an official meet and greet. If you are enthusiastic, it spreads among the roll call, and soon you will have lots others join in. Kudos to you as a first time cruiser that you are wanting to take this on.

Archived