Hmmm...Fain Sells 200,000 shares of RCI

EVALUATOR

Last March he bought 297,000 shares at $9.00 option price and sold them the same day for $42.00 a share.

And to do that he wouldn't even need any cash in the brokerage account as both transactions happen one right after the other and the only cash is the net cash from the sale after expenses of the exercise and commissions.

It is his wifes birthday next week, or he wants a new car, boat etc.

He needs $10m for a birthday gift, or new car or boat...?

Doesn't sound very likely. More likely he's recognising this is near its highs and investing cash elsewhere.

He needs $10m for a birthday gift, or new car or boat...?

Doesn't sound very likely. More likely he's recognising this is near its highs and investing cash elsewhere.

Well, the one thing he definitely knows, that we don't, is his own reasons for making this trade. But I still think it's likely due to the fact that their stock is way up from where it was a couple years ago, and he is just balancing his portfolio a bit, as many of us do. The company I work for had a nice run up in stock value a couple years ago, and I sold some for that reason, because the increased value meant that I had a large percentage of my 401(k) "in one basket."

and you gonna ask that in the royal caribean "blind" forum??? You need to ask somewhere else , these people love and will never see anything beyond their eyes, they love royal LOL

He's just exercisning options on shares which were granted to him as part of his executive compensation package. These were authorized and appoved by the Board of Directors of the Corporation.

He is following the rules.I fail to see anything sinister here. Maybe you should take the log out of your own eye before complaining about the splinter in the "RCL Lovers' " eyes.

...as the Titanic went down the band played on......;)

Show us evidence on how RCI is starting to sink and maybe we'll start believing you then.

Otherwise it appears that the company continues to be a thriving and growing concern and will continue to be into the foreseeable future. Revenues and net income continue to rise every quarter. With Oasis and Allure they have raised the bar for all the competitors to try and match.

Doesn't sound like a company that's run into an iceberg to me.

Fain sold 200,000 of his RCI shares for $46.63 last Friday. Does he know something we don't?:rolleyes:

Actually, he sold 900K in the last few months. That is a lot of shares to dump. Don't know how many he held, but that does raise my eyebrow. I am wondering if he is leaving the company. Not uncommon to dump some shares every year at the end, but that is more than some. I will have to keep an eye on this.

Actually, he sold 900K in the last few months. That is a lot of shares to dump. Don't know how many he held, but that does raise my eyebrow. I am wondering if he is leaving the company. Not uncommon to dump some shares every year at the end, but that is more than some. I will have to keep an eye on this.

I think the 600,000 shown in the earlier link (post 6) was a triple post of the 200,000 shares sold. No other SEC information shows 600,000 traded, only the 200,000.

But still over 1/2 million shares since 11/3/2010.

Of course he can sell for any reason he wants to. But if I owned stock, and saw him selling at this level, at the least, it would make me re-evaluate my holdings.

He still owns about $70,000,000 worth of RCL stock.

Considering that he receives almost 50,000 shares each year as part of his compensation package; gets close to another 100,000 as a bonus based on annual performance, plus an almost equal amount of options based on LT performance, etc. you really need to factor out that portion that otherwise would have been paid in cash for any other mere mortal who gets a paycheck.

From the SEC Form 4 filings over the last two years, all I can see is an executive converting his earned compensation from stock to cash and exercising options with a call date. Pretty common practice in executive suites across all public companies.

Show us evidence on how RCI is starting to sink and maybe we'll start believing you then.

Otherwise it appears that the company continues to be a thriving and growing concern and will continue to be into the foreseeable future. Revenues and net income continue to rise every quarter. With Oasis and Allure they have raised the bar for all the competitors to try and match.

Doesn't sound like a company that's run into an iceberg to me.

.......that's one view........;)

He's just exercisning options on shares which were granted to him as part of his executive compensation package. These were authorized and appoved by the Board of Directors of the Corporation.

He is following the rules.I fail to see anything sinister here. Maybe you should take the log out of your own eye before complaining about the splinter in the "RCL Lovers' " eyes.

RCL lovers eyes, Thanks god I dont love them , I use them as they do the same, Its a mutual relationship , nno love :D

Thank you for saying what I was thinking;):)

Archived