David Peterson is the best Cruise Director!!!!

pacheco18

We just got off the Singapore to Hong Kong sailing

To say that we LOVED David is an understatement.

He was hilariously funny (very acerbic wit), totally engaged with all the passengers -- he was everywhere -- in the dining room, at the gangway -- no hiding for this CD

we were lucky to be invited to have dinner with in on the last sea day

I hope to sail with him again. He totally enhanced our cruise experience!!!!

He was hilariously funny (very acerbic wit), totally engaged with all the passengers -- he was everywhere -- in the dining room, at the gangway -- no hiding for this CD

Glad you enjoyed David--We have had him on two different sailings on the Regatta and Insignia and I think we will have him again on our upcoming Nautica cruise on February 15 from Bangkok to Beijing.

We enjoyed him both times for many of the same reasons that you described and are looking forward to another sailing with him. My husband thinks that he is even better than the CD that everyone seems to love--Leslie Jon.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise--we leave in 12 days to fly to BKK and I can't wait.

Billie

i have to totally agree 110% - David is very informative, very qualified and very engaging. if you have the chance to get him on your cruise i think you will be very pleased. We had a great time doing trivia and discussing various ports etc with him - how he was everywhere at all times is a mystery - the man doesnt sleep! Thanks David!

Hello Laraine:

Thank you for keeping an open mind with regards to judging David and his ability as CD. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed him as much as we did. I also appreciate the title of your thread, I'm sure David will too. :)

Thanks,

Lisa

We have sailed with David P. and Lesssslie John and have to say how the latter got the gig on 'Marina' ahead of David is a mystery. David Peterson runs a very tight department and is hands on with everything that is happening. He was an absolute pleasure to sail with.

We found a previous post as to "how bad is David Peterson" most offensive. Very rarely it would be thought that a post such as that would have been allowed to continue. Let's start one on every member of every crew we have sailed with. Not.

I have now sailed with David Peterson, David Shermet, Leslie Jon. They are all good cruise directors in their own right. It's easy to understand how each can attract their " fans ".

David Peterson , if I have to choose amongst the three, is on top of my list. He is not as charming as the other two, but he is better organized and provides passengers with more information, and on a consistent basis.

Got our cruise documents today.Our CD is Dottie Drake.I guise David Paterson is coming off the Nautica when we Embark in Beijing March 11

You are going to love Dottie....warm, sense of humor and runs a mean game of Trivia!! We sailed with her 3x!! Great lady!! Arlene

Laraine,

Thank you so much for this thread. Hats off to you for correcting your original thread that called into question David's abilities. He is a fine, hard-working cruise director and I'm glad that you were able to find that out for yourself.

Keep in mind -- others called his skill into question -- I was just inquiring about those negative posts.

Now I think (I know) all those negative posters were nuts!!! LOLOL

• 1 year later...

David Peterson will be on the Riveria in June this year. He is finishing off all the remaining cruises on the Insignia before she no longer sails for Oceania. His interaction with the other crew members is impeccable and his dry wit was much appreciated. Hope we have again next year when we sail from Papette to Sydney.

I can't remember..when in a tendered port do you get tickets of times to depart on Nautica/Regatta or do you just line up? You go after shore excursions as I recall. For other ports you just go off when you are ready correct?

S.

I can't remember..when in a tendered port do you get tickets of times to depart on Nautica/Regatta or do you just line up? You go after shore excursions as I recall. For other ports you just go off when you are ready correct?

S.

For the first few tenders, they distribute tickets, after the rush dies down you just walk on.

Archived