? about "NextCruise" non refundable deposit?

ryano

If you buy a NextCruise certificate while on board and later on in a few months turn it into a specific cruise and something comes up and you have to cancel the cruise, do they still keep your 100.00 pp deposit? :confused:

Just trying to decide on how to book next while on board the Radiance. Whether to book a specific cruise or get a NextCruise cert.

Next cruise will likely be a 4 or 5 nighter. I believe its only 25.00 OBC for those?

Dont really want to think of cancelling but things happen sometimes and I would like to get all my money back if possible. :)

You can cancel a NC once you turn it into a booking(and get your money back)..........but as just a NC(and not a booking) you can't.......so yes,you are right.

and yes..$25 for 3-5 nighters..

Interesting...

So if anyone knew they could not cruise sometime after buying a NC, they could actually turn it into a booking (with no additional deposit I assume) and then cancel it and get their $100 back? This seems too easy...there must be a caveat somewhere??? :rolleyes: If not...good to know!

The rules changed in June 2010, now if you purchases a next cruise you will lose the 100 if you cancel, inorder to keep it you will have to book another cruise..so you can literally keep it in play forever. I purchased one 3 weeks ago and verified the new policy. Prior, you could book cancel and receive a refund.

L:)ri

Rather than cancel, you should just have the deposit applied towards another cruise.

Don't get NextCruise if you know you will never cruise again. But if you're sure you're going to do another cruise, it's a good deal, and better than booking on board.

I booked a next cruise in October, converted it to a January cruise, then decided I wanted to cancel the Jan cruise. I was told the deposit was not refundable at that time so I booked a different cruise for later in the year that we are keeping. I was told by the LA the deposit is non-refundable and it was verified when I changed plans.

Maybe a different rep would have said something different. :rolleyes:

Gina

The rules changed in June 2010, now if you purchases a next cruise you will lose the 100 if you cancel, inorder to keep it you will have to book another cruise..so you can literally keep it in play forever. I purchased one 3 weeks ago and verified the new policy. Prior, you could book cancel and receive a refund.

L:)ri

I agree with land lover. Under the new terms & conditions on Next Cruise Certificates it states:

10. If your NextCruise account balance is applied to an actual ship and sailing date, and then the booking cancels, the guest may request a refund , less the value of the initial NextCruise deposit.

Best of luck, if you decide to cancel. :)

Archived