How much Marlboro Lights?

august1963

I was on Legend for the first week of this year. I think I paid $143 for a 5-carton pack. Maybe it sells for a little more if you buy individual cartons, but it surely beats the price in the US. I'm in Tampa, FL, and the cheapest I can get is $52 per carton.

And yes, you can take them with you. I ran out of cigarettes on the second day, bought a 5-carton pack, and opened one for the rest of the cruise.

When you come back to the states, I believe you are allowed to bring 1 carton per person without paying any custom. Since my family has 5 members who are over 21 (I'm the only smoker though), I didn't have any issue with my 4.5 cartons I had left when I arrived back in Tampa.

I hope it answers your question.

I was on the Sensation a few weeks ago. It was $114 for 5 cartons and yes you take them with you after your purchase . I brought all mine back in the same suitcase. The asked do you have any fruit or veggies? I said no and she said have a nice day. I have done that 3 times and never had a problem.

I paid $114.00 for the 5 carton pack also. That was in December on the Elation from Mobile, AL.

And yes the cheapy ones from St. Marteeen etc are normally non-us tobacco made to the "recipe" of the brand. I did not know they did this until a person I know in management at a major tobacco company told me this.

Just back from the Valor last week (Jan 23rd-30th). The Marlie Lights were selling for $108 for a five pack. They also had twin-pack cartons for $52. Unfortunately my BIL waited a little too long to get the five-pack tote. Weirdly, the clerk offered to sell him five individual cartons for $133. He opted instead to get two twin packs. Considering he pays $60+ a carton back in PA, he was still happy for the price he paid.

I'll be on the Sensation this Sunday (Bahamas). So the concensus is that I don't have to stuff my suitcase full of cigs, right? I can wait to buy them and I'll be able to use them on the ship? They won't hold them until the last night? Just want to make sure. I also live in PA and the prices are RIDICULOUS!

Michelle

It looks like you can take the cigs back with you right after you buy them whether it's the first day or the last. The only hold is on liquor purchases. Apparently if you buy something on the last or second to last day you may have to go back to the shop to pick them up yourself. My inlaws bought some things and ended up picking them up at 5 pm on the final day as opposed to having them delivered to the room.

Also in a departure from our previous cruise on Victory in 2010 the liquor was waiting for us in our rooms instead of outside the door. Not sure if this is a change of policy or just something our awesome room steward Joseph did on his own initiative. Either way, it was nice to find it safely stowed inside.

I paid $114.00 for the 5 carton pack also. That was in December on the Elation from Mobile, AL.

And yes the cheapy ones from St. Marteeen etc are normally non-us tobacco made to the "recipe" of the brand. I did not know they did this until a person I know in management at a major tobacco company told me this.

these cigerettes should have Class B on them- NOT class A.

You're pretty close for some reason I am thinking mine was $126. And those discussing tobacco blends are correct. Some cruise lines sell the different blends than we are accustomed to in the US. I can tell the difference but not no real difference.

You carry them with you. The only line I know of that holds cigs is Princess (IIRC).

I was on a cruise in Aug & I paid $19.00 per carton (5 carton). I jumped on that. I thought they were better cigs than we can get here. We are paying around $60 per carton here. I know taxes but that's nuts.

So where are the cigarettes made? When I went to Europe there was a big difference in the tobacco. I did not care for it. Can you buy by the pack first to see if you even like it? Or is it buy a carton and figure it out? I am going on the Destiny to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman in 24 days and need to redo the budget if I am coming home with 5 cartons LOL

• 3 months later...

The last cruise I was on I assumed I could buy them in the shops so I only brought one pack. What I hadn't figured is that the ship would be completely out of cigs. I had to wait a few days until they bought more in port. Luckily I was able to smoke my boyfriend's yucky cigs until then lol

I was on Legend for the first week of this year. I think I paid $143 for a 5-carton pack. Maybe it sells for a little more if you buy individual cartons, but it surely beats the price in the US. I'm in Tampa, FL, and the cheapest I can get is $52 per carton.

And yes, you can take them with you. I ran out of cigarettes on the second day, bought a 5-carton pack, and opened one for the rest of the cruise.

When you come back to the states, I believe you are allowed to bring 1 carton per person without paying any custom. Since my family has 5 members who are over 21 (I'm the only smoker though), I didn't have any issue with my 4.5 cartons I had left when I arrived back in Tampa.

I hope it answers your question.

2 cartons per person or 400 cigarettes is the limit

Keep in mind if you buy what appears to be name brand cigarettes in Mexico they are not made in the USA even though it says Marlboro or whatever.

They do not taste the same but if you are at a Mexican airport in the duty free shop they are American made.

Just throwing that out there.

The cruise ship cigs are American made.

Archived