Shower curtains

slm517

I've been on the Voyager and if I remember right, we had a shower curtain...

I'm taking a wild guess here, but I would say that Liberty class ships might be the first to NOT have shower curtains...

I know for sure that Oasis and Allure have doors rather than curtains....

Hope that helps?!

I was reading in another thread that the Radiance still had shower curtains. Could someone please tell me what other ships still have curtains? Am I correct in assuming those built before the Radiance.

In the Radiance class, both Radiance and Brilliance have shower curtains. Serenade and Jewel have the doors.

I've been on the Voyager and if I remember right, we had a shower curtain...

I'm taking a wild guess here, but I would say that Liberty class ships might be the first to NOT have shower curtains...

I know for sure that Oasis and Allure have doors rather than curtains....

Hope that helps?!

Thats odd, I have not been on Voyager, but I have been on both Explorer and Mariner (Voyager class) and I'm about 95% sure they both have shower doors, not curtains. My guess is that voyager class ships and above are all enclosed shower door stalls, not curtains?

Monarch has the shower curtains. Just take a couple of clip-type clothespins to attach to the bottom & that will help keep the curtain from attacking your legs.

I don't think that Voyager has the curtains, if I remember correctly.

Thats odd, I have not been on Voyager, but I have been on both Explorer and Mariner (Voyager class) and I'm about 95% sure they both have shower doors, not curtains. My guess is that voyager class ships and above are all enclosed shower door stalls, not curtains?

LIKE I SAID...

" IF I REMEMBER RIGHT"....

As I was on the Voyager back in 02 (which was 9 years ago)...... and I'm still pretty sure that when I was on 9 years ago, we didnt have a door on the shower... maybe this is something that they have changed since 02?! Maybe the curtains were on the Voyager but they made changes on the Explorer and Mariner....Or maybe I dont remember right....

RCI has different features on the Oasis and the Allure and they are the same class of ship... so obviously ship-to-ship situations differ...

I didnt make a promise that there were curtains... I made a guess, based off of what I remembered.... I was trying to be helpful and answer a question of a fellow cruise critic-er to the best I could...

I dont get why people are so darn CRITICAL on these boards...

I didnt make a promise that there were curtains... I made a guess, based off of what I remembered.... I was trying to be helpful and answer a question of a fellow cruise critic-er to the best I could...

I often wonder that myself. However, and not meaning to be critical myself, but I'm not sure why MyrtleBeachRCICruiser's comment offended you. You clearly stated that your recollection was that Voyager had curtains. Myrtle stated that his/her recollection was that Voyager's sister ships had doors. Both of you admitted that you weren't entirely certain . . . which means that you both admitted to the possibility that your recollections might have been in error.

Sorry, but I just don't equate any of this with being critical.

And just to show how our memories can play tricks on us . . . I had it in my head that the Grandeur had the doors, based on when I sailed on her back in 2005. Yet when I sailed her last year, it was definitely a clingy curtain.

Anyway, to add to the topic of the thread . . . the stretched section of the Enchantment has the double-sliding doors. I liked them MUCH better than the curtains.

Monarch has the shower curtains. Just take a couple of clip-type clothespins to attach to the bottom & that will help keep the curtain from attacking your legs.

I don't think that Voyager has the curtains, if I remember correctly.

That is a GREAT idea! :)

Have been on Monarch several times and also not fond of those clinging shower curtains.

Think you saw my comment on the Radiance that I was surprised they still had the curtains, where the Jewel had those nice doors.

I just call them the "TSA agent" intrusive curtains!! :eek:

What's the name of this website again? LOL

We had the doors on Navigator, and while I was originally nervous (being a big guy) when I heard there were doors (they don't have any give like the curtains do), I was pleasantly surprised how big the shower was with those doors. I had my tape measure packed, so I measured the shower, and it's 34 inches side to side, and 34 from back wall to the center of the doors. That's typical for most corner shower units people put in their houses.

I may be wrong but I it is:

Shower curtains:

Monarch

Majesty

Legend

Splendor

Rhapsody

Vision

Granduer

Enchantment

Radiance

Brilliance

Shower doors:

Serenade

Jewel

Voyager class

Freedom class

Oasis class

Enchantment

Note Enchantment is on both lists. The cabins in the new section (added when E was stretched) have shower doors. The other cabins have shower curtains.

Archived