help with cabin choice :)

muladybug

My son and girlfriend are booked in an inside guarantee on the Freedom. They don't really care about the room as much as the lowest price. I see I can get them an inside porthole cabin on the Riviera deck forward with upper/lower beds for about the same fare (actually $20 less).

My question is.... Has anyone stayed in one of these porthole cabins on the Freedom? Is the room tiny? What about the portholes? Are they obstructed views? Is the inside guarantee usually assigned on the Riviera deck anyway? Would he be better off letting Carnival choose his cabin?

Thanks!

#1 its doubtfull on Freedom the cabin you are looking at is upper and lower. More than likely its one twin and one convertible sofa. I love the cabins, but they will get more motion and more noise that far forward. I only do those 1As if they are the ones marked on the deck plans as port holes.

My last two gtys were on riviera and main decks, the bottom two decks.

Since you dont say which cabin you are looking at.. here is a link to see which cabins people stayed in and had which beds.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839087&highlight=2462

CONQUEST CLASS

1207 fwd, starboard, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1208 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1211 fwd, starboard, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1212 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1426 aft

1435 aft

2201 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS

2202 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS

2207 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS

2208 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS

2211 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

2212 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

2216 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

2217 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

6224 fwd, port,

6227 fwd, SB,

6393 mid, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

7345 mid, SB,

8357 mid, SB

Thanks alot Firefly for your valuable information!

The cabins we are looking at are 1207 and 1208.....I realize that these are not obstructed views due to their location. But are they decent sized portholes with somewhat of a view? Is the sofabed a bit larger than a twin?

The sofa bed should be a sofa exactly the same size. The take the pillows off the back of the sofa at night and voila its a bed.

Id say the port holes are maybe 1.5 ft in diameter.. they work for me. I have one of a PT on Ecstasy, same size port holes.

Picture20111.jpg

I was in 2211 on Conquest and the bed and sofa bed were at a angle like in this picture. Sorry I didnt take a picture on Conquest so you have the same class, but the sofa bed was the bed you see along the wall, with the head of the sofa bed by the bathroom. I have also seen them switched. There are probably more pictures in that thread above too.

Picture20109.jpg

• 1 month later...

Asking all you experienced cruisers, we are just booking an oceanview either Riviera or Main, which is better for the St Thomas Antigua St Johns Tortola Nassau cruise? Port or Starboard? I notice SB side only two cabins left... (I had always thought port side was the best). Thanks!!!

Archived