18-20 year olds must be accompanied by an adult - Really??

Hi Sorry All - I just called Royal and they said it is 21 to book a room. I told him about Oasis last year with the 24 year old restriction and he said the travel agent must have gotten it incorrect. He said it was 24 some time ago but it has been 21 for at least 3 years now.

I keep everything related to our cruises, so I went and looked at the brochures. The 2004/2005 & 2005/2006 has the under 21 must have a 25 year old booked in cabin. The 2007/2008 has the newest policy. I do not have a 2006/2007 so it did change in the last 3-4 years, which is good for my DS as he and 3 college friends are going on the Majesty OTS for spring break next month and he is the only 21 year old.

Gregg

Last year when we sent on the Oasis there was a 24, 21, 18 in as triple - the agent said one has to be 24 to book their room - which was fine because my daughter was 24 - this was on July 3 sailing so they must have changed it since then - definitely was NOT 21 last July.

This is from RCCL's web site, today:

No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status.required).

It's not a new policy, although it may be news to some people - I guess that's why this thread was started. And most of the cruise lines have a similar policy.

Why do people persist in arguing about it, when they can look it up for themselves?

I'm not getting at you, but at many of the posts on this thread.

Hi Sorry All - I just called Royal and they said it is 21 to book a room. I told him about Oasis last year with the 24 year old restriction and he said the travel agent must have gotten it incorrect. He said it was 24 some time ago but it has been 21 for at least 3 years now.

I was told incorrect age info as well but by an X rep...... this was back in 2008 the rep I booked with said the age was 25. I wanted my 3 sons to go on the Xpedition by themselves oldest was 21. So I had to include myself in the reservation. Prior to final payment in 2010 I found out it was 21 and was told it has been this way for years, and the Galapagos trip was no different than regular voyages....Thanks X, I loved my second Xpedition cruise.....however, my kids probably would of had a better time without me............

After dealing with X, Azamara and RCI..is all I can say there never has been consistancey..but I love their customer service anyway........

This is from RCCL's web site, today:

No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status.required).

It's not a new policy, although it may be news to some people - I guess that's why this thread was started. And most of the cruise lines have a similar policy.

Why do people persist in arguing about it, when they can look it up for themselves?

I'm not getting at you, but at many of the posts on this thread.

A policy difference that I was surprised to learn in December between Royal and Princess..is the gambling age.

RCI...18

Princess...21

As someone who is 22 and a ROTC midshipman (meaning I'm in the reserves, and commission to go active duty in 3 months), yes, young military members can get rowdy. HOWEVER, our entire careers can be killed by one dumb decision with alcohol. We have a lot more to lose than other college students. We know where the line is and stop well short of it. We also take care of our own, and if someone is making a fool of themselves, we remove them from the situation.

Would I let a 20 year old military member, reservist or active, on board? yes.

Would I let my 20 year old sorority sister on board? heck no.

Would you let your 20 year old sister cruise if she was in the forces? I was a police officer at the age of 19 yet I wouldn't have been allowed to cruise! At that age I didn't even drink alcohol a thing I've aquired later in life and only do that in moderation!

Would you let your 20 year old sister cruise if she was in the forces? I was a police officer at the age of 19 yet I wouldn't have been allowed to cruise! At that age I didn't even drink alcohol a thing I've aquired later in life and only do that in moderation!

Ha ha - unless it's the first night of a cruise and you're celebrating!!:D

Ha ha - unless it's the first night of a cruise and you're celebrating!!:D

Too right or the last night in my case. But being serious I didn't not until I got in to my late 30's and it's been down hill since then! Or since I met you two lol Kimberley

Too right or the last night in my case. But being serious I didn't not until I got in to my late 30's and it's been down hill since then! Or since I met you two lol Kimberley

OK, I'll sit with someone else in the CL next time. ;)

Seriously, I can't understand how you can fight for, defend or protect your country but you can't book a cruise or buy a drink on a RCCL cruise ship. Bizarre!

Archived