Dream--best cruise ever!!!!!

prissy

Was on the Dream 1/22 to 1/29 and it was AWESOME. It was the absolute best food I have ever had on my 14 cruises. The ship was stunning, the staff nothing but friendly and when we had a slight problem in the dining room one night you would have thought we were movie stars the way they handled it. We found our new favorite cabin, a 4J at the front of the ship with our practically private deck, no one was ever there! And as far as any smell on the ship, in my opinion I think those that had smelled it previously were probably standing in the vicinity of someone who had overeaten at the burrito bar! Getting on and off the ship at ports always went smoothly and we DID make all of our stops, which was a miracle. I figured that after 9 years we should give Carnival another chance and I'm glad we did! There have not been many ships that I would cruise on again but this is definitely one of them. I was mad when I found out that the Magic was going to home port in Galveston and then only do 3 ports. I guess we will have to wait to see where the Breeze will go. And by the way there was only one staff member who was barely civil to me when he finally stopped ignoring me and that was the future cruise consultant...go figure!!

Any questions I will be happy to answer.......

Happy to hear you had such a great cruise on the Dream! I am hoping some day to cruise on this ship. Very funny, your idea about those who complain about the "smell"! Glad to hear that things are no so bad on this ship.! Thanks for sharing.:)

Hi there!

God willing I will be sailing the Dream on February 5 to celebrate my 40th Birthday! How was the Piano bar? We were on the Valor in September and were not overly impressed with it. Any thing on the Dream I should not miss? How crowded was it? Thanks:)

Wow! I will be on a November sailing of her and I can't wait. You know....you hear the good and the bad and of course the GOOD is great! You didn't by chance get the menus or anything did you? Also - did you eat at the different food places, like the pasta bar, etc. How was that? Share, share, share! I hope people have more questions for ya!

We happen to agree with you on the Dream, it has been our favorite Carnival cruise ever. I am so glad you said what you did about the guy who you sells the furture cruise certificates , was his name Hi, something like that? Well he treated us like that also. Flyboysmom

Lot of quick responses must mean lot of excited cruisers!

We only cruise when school is in session so there were very few kids on board. I'm not sure of the total passenger count but I'm pretty sure there were no vacant cabins, especially with the film crew aboard. The only time I felt crowded was breakfast and lunch at the buffet at peak times. Go off peak and there is no wait at all. There are so many places to go on the ship and so many things to do that there were hardly any crowds anywhere. And even if you did have to wait for anything....hello....you're on a cruise, not standing in the checkout at Walmart. One bit of advice, if you do the anytime dining either go early or late, otherwise you will have to wait to get in and then wait to be served. I don't like taking 2 hours to eat so we adjusted our visits accordingly. The pasta bar was outstanding, I'm almost sorry we were gone for lunch for 4 days while in the ports. BEST burgers at sea, only go the the deli first and get some real bread or roll, much better than the spongy stuff. Don't miss the BBQ the last day at sea and if the line is short get in it!!!!! That was the longest we had to wait for food the ribs were worth it. I did not see any lazer tag, but then again I'm almost 60 so I probably wouldn't have noticed it. I'm pretty sure the Serenity deck was over 18....get there early to get one of the canopy lounges, very cool!

For anyone cruising in October your biggest worry will be hurricanes not crowds. And I don't drink so do not remember anything specific about the bars, just that everywhere was beautiful!

I'm booked on The Dream in March in a 4J on the Lido deck ..can I ask what deck you were on? I'm always on the Lido ..but this is my 1st 4J ,and the 1st time on the Dream :D Any details about the cabin would be much appreciated :p Thanks

We were in 10205 and 10206, the corners on both sides of the ship. The room was larger than a regular inside and the window was wonderful. Go out your door, turn right and go through the 2 deck doors and you are outside!

Was on the Dream 1/22 to 1/29 and it was AWESOME. It was the absolute best food I have ever had on my 14 cruises. The ship was stunning, the staff nothing but friendly and when we had a slight problem in the dining room one night you would have thought we were movie stars the way they handled it. We found our new favorite cabin, a 4J at the front of the ship with our practically private deck, no one was ever there! And as far as any smell on the ship, in my opinion I think those that had smelled it previously were probably standing in the vicinity of someone who had overeaten at the burrito bar! Getting on and off the ship at ports always went smoothly and we DID make all of our stops, which was a miracle. I figured that after 9 years we should give Carnival another chance and I'm glad we did! There have not been many ships that I would cruise on again but this is definitely one of them. I was mad when I found out that the Magic was going to home port in Galveston and then only do 3 ports. I guess we will have to wait to see where the Breeze will go. And by the way there was only one staff member who was barely civil to me when he finally stopped ignoring me and that was the future cruise consultant...go figure!!

Any questions I will be happy to answer.......

I couldn't agree more with you! We were on the Dream last May and love love loved it! We also had a 4J cabin 10205 it was fabulous! So Glad you liked it!

We were in 10205 and 10206, the corners on both sides of the ship. The room was larger than a regular inside and the window was wonderful. Go out your door, turn right and go through the 2 deck doors and you are outside!

OMG wasn't room 10205 awesome!

Thanks for the input--- wife and I sail out March 12th--- counting the days as we are now getting hammered by a blizzard here in Ohio:mad: ugh !!! To top it off, parents texted(retired) they just made it in to Fla. and spent 2 hrs. on the beach. Talk about salt in an open wound.:):rolleyes:

WooHoo! Thanks for this post. Glad to hear you had such a great time.

We leave next Saturday (man, that feels good to say, lol). I can't wait!! :D

We've been wanting to go on the Dream since it came out, no negative comments or smells were stopping us. LOL

I can remember on more than one occasion my own home having a not so great smell after one of my boys goes. haha

Mom2lillirissa - Hi! We are on Dream on 4/2/11 also. Who is going with you? There are 9 of us - 4 kids 18 down to 6 (yea, I still think he's a kid at 18) and my DH and 2 of our best friends. I'd love for my kids to find someone they might could hang out with! We live in Dalton, GA about 80 miles north of Atlanta.

We are also booked on the Dream for April 2nd and we are in a 4J on deck 7. I am so excited to try this type of room, as we were originally in a 4A, but I couldnt pass up the slight increase in cost to get into a 4J.

I can't wait!!!!!

My family is booked on the April 2, 2011 Dream. We are booked in a 4J deck 6 & a little nervous bout it. I'm sure it will be fine. We have 2 (40 ish) couples & 2 sixteen year old boys. Fun ! Fun! We are putting the two boys in a cabin by themselves.:confused:

Was on that cruise too, great cruise, wonderful ship.

Loved the Cove balcony.

The future cruise guy was bad to me too...

Smelled the "sewage smell" 3x, 2 times on the first day on main deck and 1 time near the mini-golf, nothing that bad, last 2 or 3 seconds.

The Dream is a beautiful ship but i will return to the Conquest class, i prefer the "stadium" configuration on the Lido and Panorama deck. I love to watch a movie at night while in a spa tub.

Archived