OBC Credit for Veterans

cruzhappy88

We are sailing with my parents on the Sapphire in a couple months and I have been told that veterans can receive OBC. You need to fax a DD214 to Princess for this. Where do you get this, do any of you know? My dad says he has his honorable discharge papers and some other papers, but nothing called a DD214. Any help with this? Thanks.

Your Dad's honorable discharge papers are his DD214 which he received when discharged from the military. His honorable discharge will have DD214 on it. O/W call the veteran's agent in your city or town for replacement.

We faxed this info to Princess along with our booking number, sailing date and ship and qualify for a $250. shipboard credit for our TA cruise in May.

This is a nice gesture on the part of Princess.

The DD214 was not the discharge papers given to World War II vets. They got a different paper. However from shortly after that war it was changed to the DD214. My dad who served in the navy during both WWII and Korea had the DD 214 due to his later discharge. My husband and I both got DD214 paperwork when we finished our tours in the USAF. If your dad is old enough to have served in the 1940's just fax his discharge papers.

We are sailing with my parents on the Sapphire in a couple months and I have been told that veterans can receive OBC. You need to fax a DD214 to Princess for this. Where do you get this, do any of you know? My dad says he has his honorable discharge papers and some other papers, but nothing called a DD214. Any help with this? Thanks.

Here's a link to the Princess news release:

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na1130

Before you hunt down the DD 214, does your father meet one of these criteria from the Princess Shareholder Benefits page?

--Retired personnel defined as: Enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, medically retired or 100% disabled (blue or tan uniformed ID card/Canadian white N.D. 21 ID card)

--Veterans with an Honorable Discharge serving a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in an active war zone in any of the United States service divisions listed above or Canadian National Defense (DD 214 plus current photo ID)

He could have served but not have met one of the above situations. If he did then look

at the information on this website to see how to get a copy of the DD-214 or Separation papers. http://www.visn2.va.gov/hims/faqs.asp

We are going on a 7 day cruisein Feb 2011. My husband who is retired military got the $100. The process was very easy. Good luck!

Once received, do you suppose Princess keeps a vet's information on file? I received the OBC on our recent Royal cruise, but wonder if I need to reapply for subsequent cruises? I suspect the answer is yes.

The answer is NO...you don't need to reapply. :D

I submitted the required documents (which Princess said are destroyed after verification & they're okay if you remove your SSN) for 2 cruises & when I added another cruise they only needed the cruise info to issue the OBC. So they must keep a record of everyone who qualifies...great program. :)

I submitted the required documents (which Princess said are destroyed after verification & they're okay if you remove your SSN) for 2 cruises & when I added another cruise they only needed the cruise info to issue the OBC. So they must keep a record of everyone who qualifies...great program. :)

Good to know. Thanks.:)

Your Dad's honorable discharge papers are his DD214 which he received when discharged from the military. His honorable discharge will have DD214 on it. O/W call the veteran's agent in your city or town for replacement.

We faxed this info to Princess along with our booking number, sailing date and ship and qualify for a $250. shipboard credit for our TA cruise in May.

This is a nice gesture on the part of Princess.

We just received our OBC for both legs of our cruise and we sent the discharge paper and driver license to our TA, and within about a week we received the credit. It was very fast. I was impressed.

Did this change recently? Just wondering because we were told in both March 2010 and November 2010 it was necessary to submit the required documents for every new cruise you booked and wanted it applied to....unless you were having it applied to multiple cruises at the same time.

Thanks!

Did this change recently? Just wondering because we were told in both March 2010 and November 2010 it was necessary to submit the required documents for every new cruise you booked and wanted it applied to....unless you were having it applied to multiple cruises at the same time.

Thanks!

I rechecked my emails from Liza McDaniel to confirm that I didn't have to resubmit my documentation again. I originally faxed her my documents in mid-October for the 2 cruises I had booked at that time. In mid-December I emailed Liza about whether I needed to send my documents again for another cruise. She said 'no' & once again cheerfully issued my OBC for a 3rd cruise. She also said that it wouldn't show up in Cruise Personalizer & to take a copy of her email just in case it didn't show up onboard.

A very simple process & one greatly appreciated...I sent Mr. Buckelew a letter commending Liza & her staff for their great service! :D

They must like you best as we had to re-send ours. Had already gotten it for the Med cruise in May but they did NOT give it us when we went back and signed up for the TA to have the Med cruise be a B2B. Had to re-submit. Then,had to submit again for the RT Tahiti in Oct. So, had to submit the info 3 times for 2011.

Archived