quest's world cruise fares

Kagehitokiri

There are multiple drivers for the popularity of the Quest world cruise, all of which contribute to the pricing levels one sees now, including:

• The world's stock markets are up making likely cruisers more confident of booking for 2012;

• Many people are keen to escape the awful weather of this year in the northern hemisphere;

• There are many Odyssey first world cruise passengers who are keen to participate in another Seabourn ship's first world cruise;

• There is a whole new demographic who are keen to experience the finest in cruise line accommodations, service levels, catering, and other amenities (balconies, most generous deck space, the Square, the Colonnade etc) that Seabourn's large(er) ships offer; and

• The itinerary is indeed exciting. On that note I am hoping that Seabourn continues to expand their network of ports, including those I notice are served by Holland America.

All these factors contribute to Seabourn's ability to reprice their offering. My post was meant to encourage people to book early rather than risk disappointment later.

Good luck with your cruise planning and bookings!

There are multiple drivers for the popularity of the Quest world cruise, all of which contribute to the pricing levels one sees now, including:

• The world's stock markets are up making likely cruisers more confident of booking for 2012;

• Many people are keen to escape the awful weather of this year in the northern hemisphere;

• There are many Odyssey first world cruise passengers who are keen to participate in another Seabourn ship's first world cruise;

• There is a whole new demographic who are keen to experience the finest in cruise line accommodations, service levels, catering, and other amenities (balconies, most generous deck space, the Square, the Colonnade etc) that Seabourn's large(er) ships offer; and

• The itinerary is indeed exciting. On that note I am hoping that Seabourn continues to expand their network of ports, including those I notice are served by Holland America.

All these factors contribute to Seabourn's ability to reprice their offering. My post was meant to encourage people to book early rather than risk disappointment later.

Good luck with your cruise planning and bookings!

Thank you my friend for posting the above..... With your "help" pricing will never go down again:mad:.... What position were you offered with Seabourn/HAL?;)

From what I read, you two are booked already for a part of this World Cruise? I hope you are....

Marja

Seabourn Nail,

Yes, we are booked on the Ft Laud to HK segments and we know many of our mutual friends will be on board the new Quest too- and that includes crew!

The variables that I mentioned are only a few of the ones I can identify driving purchasing decisions but at quick notice thought it wise to outline them for the benefit of the readership. Who wants regrets when we are free to make choices as to how and when to spend discretionary monies?

About a position at Seabourn/HAL (or anywhere else), I would be open to discussions... Of course my clear preference would be a ship board position with you on board too!

Regards and Happy Sailing

im talking about the past fares....

fares >

brochure price dropped

discount increased

odyssey = 108 / sojourn = 111 / quest = 109

perks >

old = $1000 OBC / new = $2500 OBC

old = first $4000 / new = business $2500

old = 300 lbs luggage / new = ?

old odyssey = 5 world cruise events, 7 shore events / old sojourn = 5 world cruise events, 6 shore events / new = ?

old = 300 lbs luggage / new = gone

old odyssey = 5 world cruise events, 7 shore events / old sojourn = 5 world cruise events, 6 shore events / new = 5 world cruise events, 5 shore events

so brochure was dropped initially, but discount was increased later.

here they are >

quest

$473,700 $189,480

$357,000 $142,800

$339,200 $135,680

$271,300 $108,520

$221,000 $88,400

$147,200 $58,880

$141,200 $56,480

$134,500 $53,800

$128,700 $51,480

$122,800 $49,120

$119,500 $47,800

$113,600 $45,440

$107,700 $43,080

sojourn

527,300 263,650

397,100 198,550

377,600 188,800

302,000 151,000

245,900 122,950

163,800 81,900

157,300 78,650

149,700 74,850

143,200 71,600

136,800 68,400

133,100 66,550

126,400 63,200

119,900 59,950

odyssey

509,490 254,745

375,990 187,995

355,990 177,995

285,990 142,995

215,990 107,995

165,990 82,995

159,490 79,745

152,990 76,495

146,490 73,245

133,490 66,745

126,990 63,495

113,990 56,995

107,490 53,745

Seabourn Nail,

Yes, we are booked on the Ft Laud to HK segments and we know many of our mutual friends will be on board the new Quest too- and that includes crew!

The variables that I mentioned are only a few of the ones I can identify driving purchasing decisions but at quick notice thought it wise to outline them for the benefit of the readership. Who wants regrets when we are free to make choices as to how and when to spend discretionary monies?

About a position at Seabourn/HAL (or anywhere else), I would be open to discussions... Of course my clear preference would be a ship board position with you on board too!

Regards and Happy Sailing

Fantastic news for you ...... I would he happy to be on for a shorter period very much already, but so far no plans (€€€....) and a husband who is not to keen on going on a very long trip (again)!

Thanks for your nice compliment ;=) .... it makes my day!

Marja

• 5 months later...

Did some preliminary research on the 2012 World cruises offered by Seabourn and Silversea as both itineraries are very similar and both compete in the same luxury segment. Pricing on Silversea was at least 30 to 35% higher across all cabin categories, but even taking into account the longer length of the cruise by 6 days, more and better perks, the difference in pricing was substantial in this price range. Was informed after inquiry to 3 travel agencies on availability for the entire world cruise, the 382 capacity Silver Whisper had very limited openings with a long wait list for most categories while the 450 capacity Quest had availability in most categories. The same, more or less, for long segments on each cruise.

Checking web sites and brochures, noticed the Silversea offering had all details of the world cruise (events,speakers,perks,excursions), while Seabourn details were either absent or described as To Be Announced.

Even taking into account the capacity difference, it seems that Silversea despite higher pricing, at this stage of the booking process, is having more success in selling the cruise.

Maybe better marketing, maybe because of lower single occupancy fares, maybe a bigger base of world cruise customers willing to spend more coupled with the perception that Silversea provides a better value and cruise experience in the world category.

Having cruised both lines on standard cruises, Seabourn gets our vote and usually, our first choice.

Hi everybody...sorry I've been away from the threads for so long....Had a fantastic world cruise on the Sojourn earlier this year...hope some of you read my blog!!!...had so much work to catch up on when I got back that I've been out of circulation....anyway tried to book for the first two segments of Quest's world cruise while on board only to be told that I would be on waitlist...the first two segments are really popular as they cover places Seabourn have not been before....anyway crossing everything and hoping to get on...will have to wait and see. I assume Seabourn are waiting to see how many full world Quest cruisers they have before releasing the cabins for the first two segments...makes sense..why tie up cabins for two segments which prevents full world cruisers from booking the cruise.

Good to be back

xxH

Archived