NCL Jade scale on board ?

crabby apple

I DON'T want to weigh myself, no way no how.

I do want to weigh my luggage before heading home though.

If we go over what we have prepaid, it is cheaper to pay it before we check in at the airport (by a LOT of money) than to pay at the airport.

Are there scales on board?:D:confused:

If you're a frequent traveler, I highly recommend a hand-held luggage scale. They're lightweight and small. We use it whenever we fly. Maybe someone on the cruise will have one you can use. (We aren't bringing ours since we're not flying)

If you're a frequent traveler, I highly recommend a hand-held luggage scale. They're lightweight and small. We use it whenever we fly. Maybe someone on the cruise will have one you can use. (We aren't bringing ours since we're not flying)

I bought one of these scales at Steinmart for $6.99! And it's tiny.

But to answer your question, I have only seen scales on NCL in suites.

I kept debating getting one, but now I am too late to receive it. If I order from Amazon TODAY and was stateside, I could get it before we left, but now that we are in Germany, it takes a few more days to get to me.

I REALLY should have already purchased one, you are right. I usually go weigh them at the airport (we usually only do carry ons for our weekenders) and then rearrange and spread out what needs to be readjusted. I hardly EVER buy anything when we travel, we are not big souvenir people, BUT this could be different......idk......

Bad planning on my part.

so just run up to the gym and weigh them there...or you can do like we did, get to the airport early and find an unmanned check in counter and use the scales...the ticket counter tops are a great height to reconfigure your luggage:D

We ended up pulling out our collaspable nylon bag and using it to unload the heaviest stuff from our bag and then carrying it onboard.

TIP 1: if you have several pieces of luggage and they are all in different sizes, pack the heaviest items in the smaller pieces.

TIP 2: the largest piece should be no bigger than 28" (29" is the absolute max) if you want to keep it under 50 lbs.

TIP 1: if you have several pieces of luggage and they are all in different sizes, pack the heaviest items in the smaller pieces.

TIP 2: the largest piece should be no bigger than 28" (29" is the absolute max) if you want to keep it under 50 lbs.

great guidelines

we travel here in Europe a lot and use these 55x40x 20 bags that weigh only 1.2kg with wheels.........they are GREAT and they are the max size.......the max weight for carry on is 10kg for most of the discount airlines--problem is they don't make a larger one yet........but most wheeled carry ons are at least 2.5kg so this nice.....

we are flying on Germanwings, and each extra 5kg over 20kg is $30 BUT no size limit, oddly enough

they won't let you pay just a flat $50 for a 2nd bag, there is no option for that, you pay per 5kg over 20k

I think we can do it if we use bags without wheels OR we just use laundry services on the ship

I hate to say it, but my hubby's mobility bags for the military are less around 1.5 kg each and they hold A TON but no wheels......and they are pretty raunchy looking.......

good side of that is that they will be easy to locate in the post cruise departure 'pile' of luggage.......and we have no worries then about not buying extra goodies on the trip to bring back

Archived