UK Blog Post: What do you do on a day at sea?

LauraS

• Administrators

How do you like to spend a day at sea? I must admit, a routine that quite appeals to me goes like this: Lie on sun-lounger with book Occasionally reach for cocktail But in the name of research for any new cruisers who wonder what happens on a day at sea, I’ve been checking out [...]

More...

I've only been on one cruise where it was warm enough to spend much time near the pool (Caribbean), so the sun bathing is out....

I like to have the day's programme all marked out, so that I know which activity is when and where....I love the lectures and classes- Thomson was the best for a choice, where OH even had singing lessons whilst I went to the drama classes.

P&O usually have a good programme of classes and activities, without having to pay extra....my worst, though, was a Princess ship which charged $15 for an art class on ceramics, which was a tile, some dried out blobs of paint, and a hostess who wasn't very interested.

Ventura and Aurora both had pools with a roof, so there was a lot of activity round there even on cold days....

Jo.

We did a transatlantic crossing last autumn and we got into a pretty good rhythm:

- breakfast in bed while looking over the scheduled activities for the day

- get ready and take a turn or 3 on deck

- whatever morning activities we particularly were interested in, time in one of the public rooms near a window reading (or on deck in a lounger if warm enough), or head to the spa/gym

- leisurely lunch followed by another walk on deck

- whatever afternoon activities caught our eye and/or more time reading or meeting up with people we had met earlier for some board games or over to the gym/spa if we didn't do that in the morning

- get dressed for dinner

- cocktails while watching the sunset

- leisurely dinner

- down to the ballroom for dancing or listening to one of the many smaller ensembles in another bar or just chatting with people we had met earlier in the journey or on CC

- a nightcap/herbal tea taken back to the room for some journalling and winding down for sleep

Pretty perfect day!

I also enjoy the lectures, especially when the subject is very interesting (i,e, not a plug for an event).

I am also happy relaxing on the balcony and watching the world go by, with a drink in hand of course.

Archived