Airline into Monte Carlo

Meena

Just looked at some Med cruises on Azamara and they fly into Monte Carlo. Having used USAir in the past, I looked and they only go to Nice through Frankfort. How do you get into Monte Carlo after arriving in Nice; I don't even know how far it is; can you do it in a taxi or van (like Fort Lauderdale to Miami); I'm sure someone has done this. Also, I've heard horror stories about lost luggage going through Frankfort, which is a stop USAir makes going to Nice. Anyone had this experience! Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Yes, you can take a taxi but it will be expensive....its about a 30 min drive. There is also a train line that connects the Nice Cote d'Azur airport to Monte Carlo (its a local train that makes several stops). You might also want to explore whether there are airport buses that would meet your needs.

Hank

Hank has summarized things well. You can go to this website on the Nice airport and get info on the coach or bus options.

http://en.nice.aeroport.fr/Passengers/Directions-and-parking/Getting-to-the-airport/Buses-Shuttles

Compared to the big mega airports in Frankfurt, Paris and London, you'll find this Nice airport to be fairly easy to manage. On their airport website, they have lots of helpful info.

If you had time, you could also get a rental car to travel from the airport, stop at places such as Eze, etc. Lots of options in this great area of France.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 31,100 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• 2 weeks later...

Archived