Need help planning our second Celebrity cruise.

DarthGrady

Hey everyone!

Now that the wife and I got our first taste of Celebrity, we definitely want to cruise with them again. Our 2011 cruise dance card is pretty full, so we are looking at doing another X cruise in early 2012.

We've narrowed it down to doing a 7 day cruise on Eclipse out of Miami, or doing a 4/5 night back to back on Millennium out of Laudy.

Obviously Eclipse is attractive because of her newness and ammenities. She also has a stop in St. Kitts, which we have not been to yet.

But a 9 night cruise even on an older ship doesn't sound too bad either. We would really just be doing it for the extra two nights and lower total price. We have been to all the ports before.

We will be RCI Diamond by then, so gaining cruise credits isn't a concern. I would really appreciate input from you X-perts out there.

Hi DarthGrady !

I'd probably pick Eclipse, as she's a brand new ship. I haven't sailed on Eclipse, but I have been on her Sisters - Solstice and Equinox, and they are incredible ships.

2 additional items to consider about Millennium... if you do a back-to-back, you will be required to disembark and embark again (without your Luggage). Also, at least some (or more) of the meals and entertainment will be repeated.

BTW, Millennium will be sailing from Miami. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. May the force be with you, and enjoy your Cruise !

Speaking of your Member name... did you know that if Ella Fitzgerald had married Darth Vader, her name would have been Ella-Vader ? :)

Darth ~ here's another vote for Eclipse. I've sailed all of the S-class ships and three of the four M-class. While I love the M-class ships (sailing Constellation again this year), my choice of the two you're considering would be Eclipse. She's spectacular.

But my primary reason for selecting Eclipse over Millennium is that I'm not a fan of 4 and 5 night cruises, even though you'd be doing a b2b. If you are considering early 2012, it will be just before Millennium goes into dry dock to be Solsticized in April. I always hestiate to sail on a ship (any ship) that is just about to go into dry dock for a major overhaul. They tend to be a bit worn and tired. If you are thinking later in the year after Millennium comes back into service, it could be a good option as she'll have some of the amentities you'll get on Eclipse (Tuscan Grille; Bistro on Five, Cellarmasters). But I think I'd still lean towards Eclipse.

You can't go wrong with either choice, especially if you wait until after Millie has been Solsticized.

Good luck!

Wow, thanks for all the responses everyone!

Looks like it will be Eclipse by a long shot! I guess that would definitely give us both ends of the Celebrity spectrum since our first cruise with them was on Century.

Andy.....Ella Vader.....:D:D

Archived