HMC Cabanas - current map, please?

ViolaSwamp

Just a word of caution - while that link gives a great visual representation of the cabanas the colors on there are no accurate with the list on HAL's page when you go to book.

For example cabana #15 is Violet according to HAL while that map has it labeled "Mauve."

Thank you!

I am a past HAL cruiser (went to HMC) and will be going to HMC again on my upcoming CCL cruise.

It appears as though on CCL, we can't select our cabana, until we get onboard, even booking online in advance! :confused:

I guess I don't really care which one we get, since we will have our (then) 8-year old DD, so having one near the kids' play area would work out fine for us. We don't care about being near the loud bar area either. The only thing we DON'T want is squatters invading our space. :p

Thank you!!

Hi, Viola

From what I've seen recently on the CCL boards, you can now book A cabana online ahead of time, but you can't say which one. You might want to check it out to make sure you get one. Also, if you've read about the new bar, it's between #5 (HAL's Sky Blue) and #6 (forgotten the colour.)

Yours

Miss Nelson

We were just there and the bar is not right next to the cabana. It is the closest one to the bar, Number 5 but in no way right on top of the bar.

Also, I saw those cabanas and do not understand the need for them at such a high rate or rental for the short hours there. There was plenty of shade, which may change as the season goes but..... the cabanas are no more than a small bungalow with nothing to them. You have a porch area to put the lounge chairs and a tiny enclosed portion that is no larger than a tent! So pls tell me what the lure is? When we were there no one stayed in them. I saw them there at the start of the day, but between the ocean and walking around and the lunch, who had time to sit there? If you want shade that badly why not stay on the ship? Not to be disrespectful, just curious.

I read on the Carnival board that even the Carnival people were complaining about the noise from that new pirate bar. And all the trespassers who tried to sneak into cabanas.

Terrible idea to place a noisy bar with all the accompanying problems on such a lovely peaceful beach.

Not everyone loves drinking & bars!

I can confirm that #5 is what HAL calls "Sky Blue".

Camofwilliamsburg, the appeal if partly privacy.........we're in port with another Vista ship............so almost 4000 people will be there. I like the padded wicker lounges, snacks, drinks, mats, etc. Being in one sort of makes you feel like "king of the hill" a lot more cheaply than a suite does. (I know, you're in the suite for longer!)

I have to say that my rationale for booking a cabana is for several reasons:

1. We will be at HMC from 9am-5pm - that's one heckuva long beach day! Will be nice to have our "own" space to chill, out of the sand, when we want.
  2. It's our 10th wedding anniversary trip - splurging $200 for the day, we've earned that! :)
  3. Our then 8-year old daughter will be with us - a cabana rental comes with snorkeling gear and floaties, which we will all use. We'd pay for those for her to use on HMC, anyway. Also, "free" bottled water and such with the rental. So when you figure it, the "additional" cost of the cabana is less than $200 for us. :D

Archived