8 year old and 12 year old

Cruiser2B2

Hi all. I am debating on something. I have an 8 year old and a 12 year old. I am going cruising with my significant other and we really enjoy the ivory piano bar. Do you think it is safe for them to be in the cabin alone? They have stayed together alone at home for a couple hours and been fine.....but this seems different to me. I was wondering what you guys think. I would check on them every 1/2hour or so and they would know where we are. I am thinking maybe just having them go to camp carnival and pay the money. I don't know help?? My son is very responsible and he and his younger sister get along really great.

We went with out 10 and 12 year old this year and had no problem at all with them being by themselves in the cabin. "Rule number one - do not leave this cabin." We checked in every once in a while and they were fine. But as far as the camp goes, most everything our kids did was free, so I'm not sure why you would have to pay. If it would ease your mind while you are at the piano bar, pay the money and forget about it and enjoy yourself.

After 10:00 you would have to pay for the 8 year old, but only $6 per hour. The older one would have free supervised activities until 1. We just came back in November with our 3 and 13 year old. I know that my 13 year old would have been disappointed if she had to babysit instead of having her own fun.

Just so you know...the kids can accompany you into the bars most of the evening!

I did not know this!! thanks so much...I know my daughter would love to sing with me LOL as for my son being out and about on his own he is not one that makes friends easily he is shy and I know he and his sister will "cruise" around the decks together...that is one thing I am greatful for they love each other and are each other's best friends! :)

They should be fine hanging out in the room. They play kid movies and shows on the tv. But why not let them have some fun of their own in camp. My DD loves camp and hates to leave. One night they have an after hours party too. She got back to the cabin after I did at 3 am. The counselors brought her back to the cabin. She still talks about it!!! I could understand if they were tired and wanted to stay in the cabin but my DD would not want to be stuck in the cabin while her parents were out having fun.

I didn't know the kids could go to the lounges. HMM You learn something new every day on these boards. DD does like to go to some shows. I will see if she would like the panio lounge.

Hi all. I am debating on something. I have an 8 year old and a 12 year old. I am going cruising with my significant other and we really enjoy the ivory piano bar. Do you think it is safe for them to be in the cabin alone? They have stayed together alone at home for a couple hours and been fine.....but this seems different to me. I was wondering what you guys think. I would check on them every 1/2hour or so and they would know where we are. I am thinking maybe just having them go to camp carnival and pay the money. I don't know help?? My son is very responsible and he and his younger sister get along really great.

You say this seems different to you......well that's because it is different. It's like being in a strange city. In spite of what others have said, there is no way I would leave an 8 yr old in the cabin, even if the 12 yr old is responsible.

I have an 8yr old girl and a 13 yr old son....we just returned from our first cruise. We took the 11 night Jewel of the Seas.............My son and daughter are shy and they had a blast. The kids programs are amazing. Staff is incredible. We had my daughter try the program (and I did it for her....I told her she didn't have to stay) after 15 min. she was hooked....she would cry if we picked her up too soon! Also my son made freinds in his camp.....they have their own disco! They have soooooo many activities......and the staff are very well trained to get the shy kids involved. Just get them to join in one of the scheduled activities...and they will be hooked. My daughter cryed the night before we left saying goodby to staff and friends........very touching. You will not have to worry about the cabin.....they will be too busy. (My son was coming in after us at night) They had supervised teen activities until 1am? (disco....water balloons...basketball....mini golf...etc)

Archived