Rio - BCN with Oceania air...help!

mringenoldus

Has anyone already had the experience of using O air to Rio? We are on the 2012 Insignia crossing and were wonding if O will plan for us fly from Phoenix to Rio a day in advance or on the day of sailing? (without having to pay for the deviation)

Any thoughts appreciated!

Maureen

Has anyone already had the experience of using O air to Rio? We are on the 2012 Insignia crossing and were wonding if O will plan for us fly from Phoenix to Rio a day in advance or on the day of sailing? (without having to pay for the deviation)

Any thoughts appreciated!

Maureen

I'm looking at this cruise...just wondering..what inticed you to book this? I don't know much about the ports in Brazil..do you? Do you know anyone who has done this route before? Any help is appreciated! LuAnn

That should be interesting......coming from AZ and with the time zone changes they must have to get us out of PHX around midnight!

You should leave Phoenix mid afternoon and then get an overnight flight to Rio arriving the next morning at about 10m or 11am. For example Continental have flights via Houston that run to this sort of schedule. However I can't say what flights O would put you on.

Thanks for the help with the flight info.

LuAnn - I'm not sure I can speak for the others, but we joined this cruise for three reasons:

.....love the R-7 ship

.....always wanted to do a TA crossing and this one was a great value when we booked

.....best of all, the chance to sail with great friends from previous cruises

Maureen:

We booked this year's Insignia T/A for some of the same reasons you did. We love T/A's. We've never been to South America and the itinerary was a good combination of new ports and lazy sea days.

Our cruise starts in Buenos Aires. We used Oceania's air. We paid the $100 p/p deviation fee because we are going to B.A. a few days early. Plus, we paid an additional $100 each for the added cost of the VERY SPECIFIC flights I requested. Well worth it. We will leave San Antonio at 4:20 in the afternoon and fly to Dallas. We have a 2 hour layover and then a non stop flight from Dallas to Buenos Aires. I have a feeling if I had not done that, my flight would have been San Antonio-Dallas-Miami-Buenos Aires. I was also able to get the only one-stop itinerary home from Barcelona.

You've got lots of time to play with schedules, see what's available and put in your request. Enjoy. Planning is half the fun.

Thanks for the help with the flight info.

LuAnn - I'm not sure I can speak for the others, but we joined this cruise for three reasons:

.....love the R-7 ship

.....always wanted to do a TA crossing and this one was a great value when we booked

.....best of all, the chance to sail with great friends from previous cruises

Sounds like similar reasons we have as well...we just love the TA's and have not been to Brazil yet..thanks!! LuAnn

Sounds like similar reasons we have as well...we just love the TA's and have not been to Brazil yet..thanks!! LuAnn

LuAnn,

For an experience of a lifetime, visit Rio during Carnaval - there is NOTHING like it anywhere else. That's the time to be there with a cruise ship.

JMO

Archived