On our recent cruise on the Regatta, the lunch options were as follows:

Embarkation Day:

11:30 AM - 3:00 PM - Welcome Buffet - Terrace Café

All other Days:

11:30 AM - 4:00 PM - Lunch - Waves Grill

12:00 AM - 2:00 PM - Buffet - Terrace Café

12:30 PM - 2:00 PM - Lunch - The Grand Dining Room

Don

I figured that was what you meant. The only times we were in an OS or VS (11/05 and 06/06) they didn't offer lunch in the GDR, just in Terrace.

Since then we've been PH passengers and nothing was said to us about the GDR (not surprisingly!).

But I do wonder about it. There aren't that many people in the "grand" suites and it seems a waste to open up the GDR just for them. OTOH, I can see that opening it up to PH passengers as well would mean lots more waiters would be needed, and on a day when they are trying to get rooms ready as fast as possible ... probably not a great idea.

It does make sense to get SOME of the people out of Terrace in order to make room for later arrivals.

It's an interesting question, I'm intrigued to know the answer even though I doubt I'll be in that elite status again!

Another thought -- maybe they tried it out and decided it didn't work so well! I have friends who were on our July Norway cruise who were in a VS ... I'll ask them if they were offered this perk!

We were on a B2B Nov.2009 sailing on the Insignia. There was a lovely lunch for all of the passengers on the B2B in the GDR. It was just lovely and very kind of the staff.

We were on board for 23 days and that started our love affair with Oceania. Will be sailing on the Regatta this year to Alaska and can't wait.

Jill

We were on a B2B Nov.2009 sailing on the Insignia. There was a lovely lunch for all of the passengers on the B2B in the GDR. It was just lovely and very kind of the staff.

Jill

I must have missed that announcement :(

Lyn

I must have missed that announcement :(

Lyn

Lyn,

If my memory serves me, there were invitations sent to the staterooms.

Were you on that B2B 3 Nov. leaving out of Venice ended in Barcelona on 25 Nov.

Lyn,

If my memory serves me, there were invitations sent to the staterooms.

Were you on that B2B 3 Nov. leaving out of Venice ended in Barcelona on 25 Nov.

No but we have done other B2B's and do not recall any lunch in the GDR

We usually just go to the Terrace anyway

If I remember correctly, lunch in the GDR was offered on our back to back cruises in September (Istanbul to Athens through the Black Sea followed by Athens to Istanbul through the Greek Isles) but they also made arrangements for a tour in Athens for those of us staying on and that is what we did. That tour included lunch in Athens. Don't know what is offered for those is the higher end suites.

From the posts I have seen I am gathering that the GDR lunch is for people continuing on the cruise ...

The only time we did a B2B was way back in January 2004 and they did "encourage" us to take a tour off the ship! But nothing was said back then about lunch on board.

This IS a nice way to get people out of their cabins ...

Am I misunderstanding?

Mura

From the posts I have seen I am gathering that the GDR lunch is for people continuing on the cruise ...

The only time we did a B2B was way back in January 2004 and they did "encourage" us to take a tour off the ship! But nothing was said back then about lunch on board.

This IS a nice way to get people out of their cabins ...

Am I misunderstanding?

Mura

Mura,

You are correct, lunch was only for the passengers that continued on, in fact several staterooms not only did a B2B but went all the way to South America. Now that is a cruise !!! We were on board for 23 days, all in the same stateroom, but I don't think that had anything to do with the lunch.

We then went on to Germany for 6 weeks on our own for the Christmas markets and spent Christmas and New Years in Bavaria.

Wonderful trip and something we shall remember fondly because of all of the great people we met on board and shared private tours with. They shall remain friends forever, in fact when we get to Vancouver to begin our Alaska cruise on the Regatta we are meeting a couple to share lunch and memories.

Jill

Thanks Jill for the info.

If you're leaving from Vancouver in August, maybe we're on the same cruise. We are leaving on the 14th.

Mura

Mura,

We are on the 17 June departure. Looking forward to the trip as Alaska has been on our Bucket List for some time. We were waiting and praying Oceania would go there. Good thing we didn't wait for 2012 as it looks like 2011 will be the only year for Oceania to sail there.

Jill

That's pretty funny, Jill. Here's why ... trying to keep a long story as short as I can.

When we did our NCL TA last year we saw lots of passengers using scooters, so since my SIL has always talked about wanting to see Alaska and my BIL uses a scooter, we figured we'd treat them to a trip and booked their week long 5/29/11 cruise. Then because I wasn't sure they'd accept the gift, I booked YOUR cruise.

Then I remembered we really couldn't to the Regatta trip in June because we were committed to a land trip to New England with Danish friends in June. I just cancelled that trip, and yes, my SIL refused the gift. NOW she doesn't want to go to Alaska, she wants to go to Italy!

No sooner did I cancel the June 17th cruise when my TA made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so we're doing the August 14th trip. I like the June itinerary better, but there's lots to like about the Vancouver-SF trip as well.

And Oceania is ALWAYS better than NCL! Plus it's 2 weeks instead of 1 week ...

We have recently returned from our Nautica B2B cruises - IST-CPT, followed by CPT-SIN. A couple of days before our arrival in CPT, we, and those who were staying on for the next itinerary (80+ passengers), were invited to the GDR for lunch on embarkation day in CPT. Terrace Café did not have their normal lunch selection. We had to let them know if we wanted to come to the GDR for this luncheon so that they could anticipate the numbers. The menu was not as extensive as their regular GDR luncheon menu but there certainly was enough variety to satisfy all the diners.

We have recently returned from our Nautica B2B cruises - IST-CPT, followed by CPT-SIN. A couple of days before our arrival in CPT, we, and those who were staying on for the next itinerary (80+ passengers),

Perhaps it was because of the number of continuing cruisers

We had less than 20 on our our B2B

Perhaps it was because of the number of continuing cruisers

We had less than 20 on our our B2B

Will let you know in May if the invites are still happening after my Venice to Barcelona on Marina B2B.:D

Archived