What is with Princess Website?

cruisinleelee

Probably because it is Sunday and any major maintenance work that would be done over night Saturday into Sunday morning may have over run.

Major corps choose the quietest time to do site maintence/backups and somtimes things go wrong.

In the UK/Europe CC is often not useable for us in the morning because the backups are running on the servers overnight US times.

well, you'll all be glad to know that according to the people at Princess today- there is nothing wrong with their website;) The problem is our computers:p and I can get my boarding pass and luggage tags at the pier if need be.

Luckily, I had downloaded their cruise countdown clock- which doesn't tell the correct time but that must be my computer too:rolleyes:- and I was able to sneak into my cruise personalizer by clicking on the "check immigration form" link! So I quickly printed my documents and left before my computer realized I was on the website it so desperately wanted me not to access:D

well, you'll all be glad to know that according to the people at Princess today- there is nothing wrong with their website;) The problem is our computers:p and I can get my boarding pass and luggage tags at the pier if need be.

Luckily, I had downloaded their cruise countdown clock- which doesn't tell the correct time but that must be my computer too:rolleyes:- and I was able to sneak into my cruise personalizer by clicking on the "check immigration form" link! So I quickly printed my documents and left before my computer realized I was on the website it so desperately wanted me not to access:D

That's a good one. ;) My cruise personalizer keeps crashing as well.

For a week, I haven't been able to access my saved cruises.

Firstly try forcing a refresh of the page (ctrl+F5) as you may be seeing an old page in your cache, or failing that delete the cookies and try again.

I've tried deleting cache & cookies several times in the past month on different computers but various problems have surfaced which leads me to believe that it's an issue with the Princess website. The current problem is that it tells me that my saved cruises are not available, although if I do a regular search for cruises it shows those I've saved. It's just an inconvenience for me because I can usually find a workaround for most problems with the Princess site. :)

well, you'll all be glad to know that according to the people at Princess today- there is nothing wrong with their website;) The problem is our computers and I can get my boarding pass and luggage tags at the pier if need be.

:D! I've not been able to open my "saved cruises" for about a week, either. I also have had a problem seeing the shore excursions I've reserved. When I click from the Cruise Summary under my name it says I don't have any excursions booked :(, when I go at it from the Excursion Reservations on the right side of the Cruise Personalizer, viola! There they are! I just hope they're really there... .

I'm really tired of seeing the "Looking for Something" page :mad:.

I have been having problems for the past few weeks. It seems, whatever the problem, it is cleared up the next day and I can log in and see all my cruises. I guess it is the 24 hour virus.

Next cruise: Grand Princess March 14 2011.

Next, next cruise: Grand Princess Nov 19, 2011

I called Princess about this frequent problem recently but there's no way to talk directly to their IT personnel. The pleasant agent was notifying her supervisor to pass on the problem to their IT department. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, it's just an inconvenience for me & nothing to keep me away from another Princess cruise. :D

It would appear that Princess does not perform extensive testing of their web changes. They probably just take the programmers word that the changes that were made are working properly and that they have not impacted any other area of the application.

Many years ago I heard the story of a rental car company that did a similar thing. The programmer only made a “small” change to their web site, tested his change, and posted it to live production. To make a long story short, his “small” change had a touched other areas of the application. The final result was that when customers went to make a reservation it appeared as if their reservation was processed properly by the system. But, the reservation information was never stored in the database on the computer. As you can imagine, the car rentals counters at the airports (and elsewhere) were a real mess until this problem was fixed.

What makes things even worse is that Princess does not even appear to acknowledge that there is a problem. Oh well, that’s what happens when companies cut corners to save the costs associated with good quality assurance procedures.

Surprise, surprise.

I tried my Saved Cruises link this morning and it worked. :D

Maybe it's finally fixed (although I won't really believe it unless I can still get to my Saved Cruises a week from now). ;)

It sure does now and didn't at 11:00 PM last night. Unfortunately, my prices didn't go down. :(

It sure does now and didn't at 11:00 PM last night. Unfortunately, my prices didn't go down. :(

Hey Pia1913 nice to see you around the boards. You had given me some good advice on Stockholder Credit some time ago...

Hope the prices go down -- be patient...

Sorry everyone is having a bit of a problem, but the web site has been an issue in the past too... It actually has improved from a few years ago - hard to beleive -- I know!!

On a side note, I am happy to report --I got my Stockholder Credit, FCC and SBC from my TA... I am a happy camper today...:p I am ready to go on the Ruby 3/13/11....

Archived