Obstructed view on Monarch of The Seas

Jax129

I want to take a cruise on Monarch but all I am finding is rooms with obstructed views. What does that mean for the Monarch? Will I be able to see out & see water? Is it a slight obstruction? All the rooms I'm finding are on Deck 8

Thanks

Your going to be able to see over the life boats to the water. Many of the deck 8 rooms are "partial obstruction". Some have no obstruction. There was a list floating around here about which ones were not obstructed. Maybe someone in the know will have it and post it for you!

Deck 8 is the deck above the promenade deck (running track) and directly across from the lifeboats. You still see the water above the running track and below the lifeboats, you just may not be able to see out to the horizon unless you're between the boats.

I like the deck 8 OV cabins. They are quiet - not by the tenders or ramps when you get to port. The view of the ocean is limited unless you have a balcony on this older ship. Think port holes with a view only if you are standing. The cabins are quite small - so plan on spending your time enjoying the fresh air and amenities on the ship.

This is the view from our cabin 2 weeks ago (8020). Think about it though....how much time are you going to be spending looking out your window? We would look out to check the weather occasionally. I would try knocking on the window to get SO's attention down on deck 7 (didn't work). A little light outside at night made for a great night light.

882404845_Viewfrom8020.jpg.ea6e085534c779c01b92806047e5962e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

deck 2 is only portholes, 18" portholes. they let light into the room and if you're claustrophobic should be just enough to make you feel not trapped. i just upgraded from deck 2 to 9 for an SO cabin and am very excited about it :D 30 days til i'm croozin'!

They are not really obstructed. You look out over the lifeboats.

Thanks, we didn't want to pay $$$ for a suite, but my DH and I have been in one of the tiny inside "closets" on Monarch. I really wanted a little more space for a "girls" cruise, so we went for the SO category. We'll have fun either way, but was just a little concerned as to the 50% obstructed view. We will be on next Friday for a three night cruise.

We had an SO room on Deck 9 in January. It said it was obstructed but not really. It was a really good room and bigger than an inside cabin. We were very happy with this.

We booked an outside room Guarantee and we ended up with an SO on Deck 9 :)

Archived