Dry Skin

robthens

I'm using Cetaphil moisturizing lotion now. Very little fragrance, inexpensive, not greasy or thick (I can't stand thick creams).

Exfoliate a couple times a week before moisturizing, works wonders for me, especially my very dry hands.

I like Aveeno...and exfoliating DOES help...I like St. Ives Apricot Renew and Firm...leaves your skin feeling moisturized and soft.

Always apply the moisturizer while your skin is still a bit "damp"....don't let it get dry before you apply!

Really appreciate the suggestions!

Have started exfoliating and applying moisturizer while my skin is still a bit "damp".... as suggested. This is really helping.

I'm also using lotion on my hands after each washing.

My hands and legs were the worst.

I used a lot of hand sterilizer on our recent trip in order to avoid getting

the "bug" that was rampant on our river ship. Didn't get sick but thought my hands were going to fall off.

I'm keeping a list of the suggested lotions (except the Sanctuary I too would choose Jergens over $50 a bottle)

Off topic: excited about our upcomming Oasis cruise ....got our before stay at the Hilton for $60 a night today on Priceline.

I use cocoa butter on my legs after i shower and shave. I also like Aveeno for hands, and when I was in Israel, I bought this stuff made with the salt from the Dead Sea. The lotions with Dead Sea salts are amazing, it's what saves my hands in the winter.

.Dry skin is often the very top layer of dead skin....I make a cheap exfoliant of Kosher salt which I poor into a wide mouth jar and add baby oil to the top of the salt.....exfoliate all over with this and then shower it off. If you want a more thorough exfoliation, use on dry skin before getting yourself wet.

lubriderm, neutragena, cetaphil, vanicream are some of my favorites, but I love baby oil or baby lotion with the oil in it.

.Dry skin is often the very top layer of dead skin....I make a cheap exfoliant of Kosher salt which I poor into a wide mouth jar and add baby oil to the top of the salt.....exfoliate all over with this and then shower it off. If you want a more thorough exfoliation, use on dry skin before getting yourself wet.

lubriderm, neutragena, cetaphil, vanicream are some of my favorites, but I love baby oil or baby lotion with the oil in it.

I think I paid about $30 for a jar of something that resembled this, but with a ginger scent. Kinda messy and a little dangerous in the shower, but worked great! Thanks for the tip! I'll try it and just be extra careful rinsing the oil off the floor of the shower.

After years of trying different creams and lotions, I finally found one that does a good job and is fragrance free. It's Ultra Repair Cream made by First Aid Beauty. It's not cheap, but it's worth it. I use it all over plus on my face. Got mine on QVC, but Sephora also carries it. It's really good for my "old lady" arms.

After years of trying different creams and lotions, I finally found one that does a good job and is fragrance free. It's Ultra Repair Cream made by First Aid Beauty. It's not cheap, but it's worth it. I use it all over plus on my face. Got mine on QVC, but Sephora also carries it. It's really good for my "old lady" arms.

I don't like scented lotions and I also found a great hand cream, unscented, by Neutragena...I think it is around $7 and it is one of the best hand creams ever...I also use it for my feet.

Archived