royal palm beach

geomoe

What are the costs for the rental or AI packages they offer? I have a hard time getting this info on the net...:confused:

Watersports (& umbrella/chair) rental prices are here:

http://www.reefgrill.com/watersports.html

There are no other charges, other than for whatever food & drink you choose to consume.

Grand Cayman doesn't tend towards AI packages. They are very, very rare.

We went to Calico Jacks establishment in November on 7 mile beach. We enjoyed ourselves.

But, I was just looking at Royal Palms web cam. I think I like this place much better. I like the patio deck filled with umbrella tables and chairs.

My husband likes to sit at a table. I prefer a lounge chair on the beach.

Also, someone here on the boards notated the lounge chairs on the beach were chained together. I just looked at the beach web cam and the chairs are not chained together. Chairs are spaced out with umbrellas.

We will go here on our next trip this May.

And yes you will have to pay for a chair and umbrella.

We have been to several places on 7 Mile Beach in Grand Cayman and really loved Royal Palms just last month. The cab ride was short, and we walked back - maybe 20 mins to downtown and we stopped along the way at shops, restaurant. The resort itself charges $10 for each chair or umbrella for the day. Then you order food/drinks. There is a large patio with chairs and tables to enjoy your food/drink and when we were there early in the morning (8:30 am ship time) the entire pool area was empty. The loungers there and even curtains are lovely and in new condition. We loved having a fresh water pool to enjoy. There was a swim-up pool bar but it never opened the day we were there. The other bar is between the pool and the beach, and it was open all day. For snorkeling, there is good snorkeling close to the resort from shore. Look for dark places in the water, and even 10 feet out you can start swimming and seeing coral and fish. So it is not rocky along the shore, but you would keep your feet up once you are near the coral anyway so as not to tred on it!

We were just at Royal Palms three days ago! We started with a $5pp taxi from downtown to the public beach, we stayed there a while and then walked down to RP. is was a pretty good walk. The facility is nice, and its nice to shower and swim before heading back to town. There is no entrance fee, but they expect you to spend $10 pp on food to use the pool and so forth. They do charge for chairs. The beach was nice, sand is good,, did find a bunch of coral boulders out in the water that will break your toes! Be careful of that. when you want to leave, walk out to the road and get a taxi...we go back for $2.50 each, and didnt have to wait to fill the van.

Ps. try the pork BBQ sliders! thjey are awesome (or i was just really hungry!)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived