JetSki in Belize

cruizer rick

Hi there all,

Any of the beaches offer Waverunner rentals? Going with kids, ages 8-11 so want a rather serene beach vs. open ocean if I have a choice.

Thanks!

If you take the water taxi to Caye Caulker, at one time they had jet ski rentals there. Jus tpay close attentiion to the water taxi times versus your ship's schedule for its last tender. You will not find a beach on the mainland near port with jet skis. The closest mainland beach is Cucumber Beach about a 10 minute cab ride from the port. It's a man made beach used primarily by locals ont he weekends. May not be open during the week days. But no jet skis there.

I have never seen waverunner rentals in Belize. We were in Caye Caulker last March and I didn't see them there either but maybe you can try doing a Google search (but not sure it would be worth a 45 minute, one way, water taxi ride to Caye Caulker for waverunners). There isn't a beach like you have in other ports that have all of the rentals. Belize is very different in that regard. There are no beaches on the mainland and from the reviews I have read in the past about the manmade Cucumber beach, I would stay away!

HAs any body rented jet skis or wave runners in Belize near the port? Thanks! We are also interested...

There is no beach near port!(See post above) There are no places to rent jet skis or wave runners in or around Belize City. A quick spot check on Caye Caulker site doesn't indicate any wave runners for rent there. Small fishing boats and sailboards and kayaks mostly. On Ambergris Caye (San Pedro), I think Caribbean Cabanas has wake boarding and waterskiing. You'll need a longer water taxi ride to get there and given the schedules may not have a lot of time on the caye. Alternatively you can book a airfligth to Ambergris Caye and maybe extend your staying time an hour or two. But I'm sure the fragil nature of the reefs and the shallowness of much of the water near the shorelines of any caye would limit any use of any waverunner or jet ski.

HAs any body rented jet skis or wave runners in Belize near the port? Thanks! We are also interested...

Belize is a very different place compared to the other Western Caribean ports, very different. There is no beach or orderly taxi system waiting and lined up, like in Cozumel. It can be very unnerving to leave the tourism village without having a plan in mind or an actual tour/excursion booked. Really, I can't stress this enough based on our own personal experience with Belize. Without a plan or tour booked, people are likely to be very disappointed in Belize.

Archived