Grand Circle Bizet

weston gal

We have cruise ship travelers considering our first river cruise. We would like to take the Paris to Normandy trip. I am concerned about the age of the ship and the beds, which seem to be two single beds that are converted to couches during the day. Can anyone tell me if the beds were comfortable? Any problems on the ship?

We did our first river cruise on the Bizet in 2008. Like you, we also have done many big ship cruises and weren't sure what to expect of a river cruise. We chose the France trip because it was short compared to some of the other offerings, just in case we weren't crazy about it. As it turned out, we loved it! Actually, we loved everything about it! You asked about the beds - we found them to be very comfortable. The cabins are small but very well laid out. I believe they have changed this trip somewhat since the time we went on it. Ours was a 7-day river cruise with 2 hotel nights in Trouville. We found that the Program Directors were really in tune with everyone's needs. They were truly professional. If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them.

We did this trip on the Bizet in November of 2009 and also loved it. The Bizet was in wonderful shape and her crew is great. The itinerary is perfect and if you can possibly arrange it be sure and take advantage of a few days in Paris before you board the Bizet. The cabins are small, but comfortable and we founds the beds very comfortable. The cabins are definately not meant to be stayed in during the day, the couch confirguration is very uncomfortable, but at night they are just fine. Have fun!

we also traveled on the M/S Bizet on the very same itinerary in April 2009. The crew and boat were GREAT. This is a very interesting cruise. The Normandy area and the WW II history was very interesting. Monets home in Giverney is beautiful. The rooms are adequate for size and the beds were very comfortable. we elected to have one bed kept down at all times in case we wanted to rest. The other bed folded back so we had a seat if needed. How much time do you spend in your room anyway?? Have a fun trip.

It was a wonderful trip and the best service. Crew worked so well together. We didn't find the beds a problem although they are not like the "hotel style" beds now being touted on other river cruise ships. Itinerary is the best and being in Honfluer is wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived