*~Carnival Shuttles to the Ship~*

Best and worst experiences.

Personally, we really are going to stay in a hotel the night before, because I couldn't stand the anxiety I would go through about possibly being late for the boat, but some of my family was considering taking the shuttle from the plane.

What is your honest opinion?

As always, thanks.:p

You're the one using common sense!:) The consensus of opinion seems to be that flying in on the day of the cruise is not such a great idea. MUCH better to pay for one night's hotel stay than to risk losing the cruise fare because of plane delays due to weather or whatever.

I take a taxi or personal limo service. I hate cattle car from the airport. I am getting into FLA 2 days early before cruise. Just the way things worked out but I would never try to do it all in the same day. Too tireing too stressfull. I like to wake up have some coffee and not rush to the ship. I can sleep untill 8 vs. up at 4am to get to the airport.

The first cruise we did the whole Carnival experiance and got up at 3:00am to catch the plane then shuttled to the ship. Was pretty well whipped by the end of the day.

Last cruise we went in the day before, stayed 1/2 mile from the pier and walked to the ship....much more relaxing.

Either way the main object is to get on the ship and enjoy:D

MHO, If you fly in the day of the cruise, you lost a day of your cruise. With all the travel and everything you are so beat you don't enjoy it. I always figure in a nights hotel when I figure the cost of the cruise. Its usually less expensive than a days cost of cruising.

I believe that traveling down the day before is imperative...you never know what can happen. Also, in terms of the shuttle, I think it depends on where you are cruising. If you are staying in Miami, just taking a cab is the best way. We're sailing out of Port Canaveral and staying in Orlando the night before. We'll take the hotel shuttle to the airport to pick up the Carnival shuttle. We don't want to rent a car so for us, this is the best option.

We're flying into Tampa the day before. I'm planning to rent a car just for one day. I'm told the rental agencies also have a shuttle to the pier as well. Is this true?

What about post cruise transportation? Is it easier to take a taxi? We'll have four of us, but our flights don't leave until 3:30 p.m. at the earliest.

We're flying into Tampa the day before. I'm planning to rent a car just for one day. I'm told the rental agencies also have a shuttle to the pier as well. Is this true?

What about post cruise transportation? Is it easier to take a taxi? We'll have four of us, but our flights don't leave until 3:30 p.m. at the earliest.

This was a great question! I don't know the answer, but it was a geat question.

I'm coming down a day early!;)

The only time I ever used the shuttle was on a cruise from LA. We went in the middle of March, for just a short "getaway", to give me a break from the insanity of tax season (I'm an accountant). In any case, we flew into LAX early that morning, the bus picked us up at around 10 A.M., we were at the port by 11 A.M. waited a few minutes (perhaps 15-20) to sign in and were aboard by 12:30.

I'm not a bus rider but in this instance it was a good choice and we were VERY impressed with the service and how well co-orindated everything was. Carnival really deserves a two thumbs up for that day. BTW the driver was a hoot! He was full of trivia, touristy facts etc....we tipped him well! He was a great addition to our cruise and helped start our trip with a smile.

I would NEVER take Carnival's shuttle again! We had an 11:30 flight out of LAX on 2/20. I went to the pursurer's desk the night before was told no problem - we could have early disembarkation, etc and that the shuttle would get us there in plenty of time. We left the ship, got on the bus and noticed nothing was happening. The shuttle driver then told me he didn't leave until he was completely full. We arrived at the airport at 10:30!!! The bus driver was apolgetic, was nice and told us that Carnival should have told us. We would have been much better off in a taxi.

Lesson learned!

I have always found that taxis are quicker and cheaper

Yea, true. On our last cruise we got all of our suitcases and were down at the Carnival Porter at 11:30 AM, we didn't get on the bus until 12:15 PM. So it would be much quicker to do everything on your own and much more cheaper.

We flew in the morning before our cruise and stayed at a hotel in Orlando. The next morning we took the hotel shuttle back to the airport and took the Carnival shuttle to the ship. It was a huge bus and was great! Then when we got off the ship the bus was right there waiting and we got back to the airport within an hour of getting off the ship. It was a wonderful experience!!:D

I have also booked 2 nights after the cruise in Ft. Lauderdale. Don't even want the rush panic feeling after a week of greatness!:) I hate trying to rush to get to the airport. I have booked a 10 person Limo to pick my wife and son and my-self up after the cruise and take us up to Ft.Lauderdale to our Resort. 2 extra days on the beach yea what a post cruise. Need a lift? :D

When you get off the ship there will be plenty of taxis available. Stay on the ship for as long as possible- be one of the last called off. Its very relaxing to head to the airport like that. SInce your flight is at 3:30 you may want to consider doing an excursion through thte cruiselines. At least you will have someone holding yourluggage til you get tot he airport.

Archived