UK Blog Post: To bath or not to bath?

LauraS

• Administrators

Cruise Critic’s managing editor John Deiner is blogging up a storm from Oceania’s new ship, Marina, which launched last Saturday. One of his posts, in which he praises the generous size of Marina’s bathrooms (the Owner’s Suite is pictured), has caused a lively debate on Cruise Critic’s Facebook page. Here’s the issue. What’s more important [...]

More...

This is one area which to my mind is where Cunard has slipped up. You don’t get a bathtub in any Britannia cabins and only get them in the Princess and Queens Grill suites.

The bathrooms in the QM2 are quite a good size and would fit a bathtub but the bathrooms in the Queen Victoria are quite small and the showers are tiny. Compare the QV to the Arcadia which is virtually the same ship, and P & O have managed to squeeze in a small bathtub in all their cabins.

I really wouldn’t like to do a 100 day world cruise without having a bath.

Given the choice I would prefer more space in the cabin but I do think they could allow a bit more space for washing! The shower rooms on the new Queen Elizabeth would be a challenge for anyone of larger proportions. You can very nearly sit on the loo and wash in the basin at the same time !!

Archived