Do you hate sea days?

winncruiser

Our first cruise, which was during the middle seventies, was ten days long and had only two ports, St Thomas and St Maarten (round trip from NYC) so it was mostly sea days.

Prior to taking it my husband and I were concerned that we might be bored on a ship for that long but we couldn't believe how quickly it went. At that time passengers signed up for a lounge chair by the pool which would be their lounge chair for the entire cruise, so it was always available. During sea days there were first run movies, an excellent bridge program, interesting lectures, and classes on a variety of things. Everything was included in the cruise fare and the only extra charges were for liquor and spa services.

Sea days today are very different because there is a lot less to do, but I still enjoy them.

We did our first TA as an Eastbound. It was nice to have the 7 sea days, but then it was port, port, port, port, fly home.

We'll only do the Westbound from now on. We prefer the port, port, port, port, 7 sea days, with 6 25-hour days, and relaxing, then fly home. :)

We like our sea days, especially the first day at sea. We usually find something to do, sleep in, go out on deck, play a game, eat, sleep some more. That being said, I am not sure about having six sea days in a row on a TA.

They're the best!! :D

Do you hate days at sea or is it just me? I get so bored, HOT...what do you do?

Have a nice long breakfast. Change into my swimsuit. Grab my I-Pad. Sit & read, go for swim. Hold out my hand and a nice man puts an umbrella drink in it. Swim more. Have light lunch. Have a wonderful dinner. Try to figure out a way to stay on board after the cruise is over :)

Carole

I love sea days and some day would love to do a transatlantic so we can have bunch of sea days. They seem to go by too fast and I always find that there is so much to do and really I wish they would have a sea day when there was nothing going on so then I don't feel guilty not doing anything.

There's so many activities onboard. Trivia, movies, lectures, or you can play a game or take a nap and you can always EAT. How could you get bored? They offer scrapbooking, dance lessons, computer classes, etc. etc.

I'm getting tired just thinking about it how much there is to do onboard.

Well there is nothing to really 'hate' about a cruise but I find that if I do prior research of the ship before we go I can get a complete list ready of things to do. Besides that, I love to watch the swells hit the side of the ship while I have a cup of coffee. Yeah, I know- it dosn't take much to entertain me.:rolleyes:

When I was younger I used to sa that that just sitting on a beach or on a cruise would make me nuts. Now in my 40s I have plenty to do.

Besides getting some paperback reading in. I also, with my iPad, can read my technical docs. Yes this relaxes me. Since I'm a songwriter I also work on lyrics and if I get a song idea I can use my iPad to write and record my music. I have music and graphic arts magazines to read and I can work on learning to draw as well. Movies, games, got those too.

I'm looking forward to the lectures, ship tours, and other things on sea days too.

So sea days are fine with me.

DH was very nervous about our first TA, too many sea days :eek: But now, he loves sea days as much as me. We book our cruises for all the sea days we can get, we even book a cruise to nowhere.

But our friends don't care for sea days, so they book cruises with few sea days.

Different strokes for different folks.

We love sea days.

One of the reasons we booked our next Celebrity cruise (Silhouette Inaugural-July 23rd-Hamburg-Rome) was the itinerary.

Apart from sailing on a brand new ship, out of a 7 day sailing we get 5 FULL SEA DAYS:cool:

5 days of relaxing, swimming, reading, eating, laughing, drinking, partying, gambling, staying up late, sleeping in late and just being at sea-what more could anyone wish for:D

We love sea days, and specifically chose our upcoming itinerary because it includes 3 sea days. We love to sleep in, eat breakfast on the balcony, read, eat, explore the ship, get a few rays, have cocktails, and meet fellow passengers. And if there's time we'll see a show, watch a movie, or go to a lecture. Heck I might even work out.

We leave Saturday and I can't wait for Valentine's Day, our first sea day!

After reading all the reasons why so many people love sea days, I know why I don't like them.... they're just like home for me. I like the port days because there's something to DO, a reason to get up and get out, something besides what I do at home (read, do puzzles, sit, relax, go for a walk, have a cup of coffee, talk to a friend, figure out what we'll have for dinner, go shopping, etc). Sea days are just another day to me.

Wow. :) I wish my home life was like being on a cruise ship.

LOL... okay, I probably worded that wrong!!! What I meant was, the things everyone wants to do on a sea day (relax, read, nap, hangout, etc) is about what I do every day. I'm a "homemaker" with an empty nest and a work-a-holic husband. From 6AM to 7PM I'm home alone with two dogs. Not a lot to do. If your days are go go go from dawn to dusk, I can see how a sea day would be enjoyable. For me, I crave the go go go (port) days. Those are fun. Sea days are not fun to me.

Archived