Cabo day use resort???

cruisinthemed

Looks like we will be in Cabo two days in a row (Skipping Mazatlan). Like most people on this thread we are looking for a relaxing, beach day. Where do the tenders drop / pick up their passengers in Cabo?

The tender dock is located on the far end of the marina. It is an easy walk from there into town or a short taxi ride to the main beach (Medano).

It's the ME (by Melia) Cabo Resort...see their website below. We were there in January and it was awesome. Adults only. Swim up bar. Loved it!

http://www.me-cabo.com/

Can you take a panga or those small boats you can get at the marina, for transportation to the resort ME? We would like to go to Me for the day from the cruise ship, and would enjoy using the panga boat ride rather than a taxi. Not sure of the spelling of these boats but they are pletiful in the marina to take you to Lovers beach, or Lands End.

Wonder if they are availbale to take you to ME and if so how much? Would be a much better scenic ride.

Bob

Can you take a panga or those small boats you can get at the marina, for transportation to the resort ME? We would like to go to Me for the day from the cruise ship, and would enjoy using the panga boat ride rather than a taxi. Not sure of the spelling of these boats but they are pletiful in the marina to take you to Lovers beach, or Lands End.

Wonder if they are availbale to take you to ME and if so how much? Would be a much better scenic ride.

Bob

Yes, the water taxis are all over the marina area and can take you to Medano Beach where the ME is located. You will have to jump off the boat into a foot or two of water and then get back on in the water as there is no dock at Medano. It should be about $3-4/pp each way.

We have a toddler who can't swim in the pools on the ship, and I don't think he'll like the ocean so we're trying to get to a swimming pool he can enjoy.

Not sure if you have a balcony cabin but some people bring one of those small blow up pools to use on the balcony and on the pool deck for their toddlers to sit in. You could use the trash can in the room to fill it up with when on the balcony.

Wow! For way less than $90, you can just take a water taxi to the beach ($3/pp) and then pick one of the many beach bars to hang out at for as long as you want. We don't even spend that much all day each when we stay in Cabo let alone for just the afternoon. I wonder why it is so much?

You know why HH, cause the cruise line gets 40% of it! ;)

So, where on Medano Beach is a good place to hang out? We will have our kids with us and don't want the party scene. I've heard by Billygin's is pretty wild, so where is a good tame spot?

Billygans and the Mango Deck are the wild and crazy spots. Tame are Baja Cantina, Sand Bar, Medano Beach Club and Tabascos. Just walk along the beach until you see a place that looks good to you!

The Villa Del Palmar offers day use of pools etc..on the beach also.

Adults: $ 50.00

Child $ 25.00

This comes with Breakfast and Lunch included...seems like a decent deal.

The Dreams Resort was $ 90.00 a person All-Inclusive for the day. A little steep for $ 270.00 bucks for the day for the 3 of us (wife-daughter) is crazy really.

The Villa Del Palmar offers day use of pools etc..on the beach also.

Adults: $ 50.00

Child $ 25.00

This comes with Breakfast and Lunch included...seems like a decent deal.

The Dreams Resort was $ 90.00 a person All-Inclusive for the day. A little steep for $ 270.00 bucks for the day for the 3 of us (wife-daughter) is crazy really.

Even $50/pp sounds crazy to me. Most of the beach bars have way better food and there is no way you will spend that much.

No! You can not go to most of the resorts without either purchasing a tour from the cruiseline or buying a day pass but not very many of them do that.

You can go to any of the beach bars that line Medano beach and use their lounge chairs and umbrellas for free as long as you are buying food and drinks. Wild and crazy = Mango Deck or Billygans. More laid back = Baja Cantina, Tabascso, Sand Bar or Medano Beach Club.

The poster that said he had to "rent" a chair got ripped off by an overzelous waiter or someone who doesn't even work there. They never "charge" for chairs at any of the beach bars in Cabo.

Actually that is not true. We have been to Medano beach many times on many cruises and never were charged except one cruise a couple years ago in August. We went shopping first and arrived at the beach a little late and it was pretty packed. Mango deck would only rent us a lounge chair for $5.00:rolleyes: We told them we were never charged before and told them what to do with their $5.00 and walked down to Tobascos and lounged for free. Since then we were not charged......So I believe if someone said they were charged at one time or other.......and it is common knowledge to never run a tab in any part of Mexico.....pay per drink and you will never get ripped off. We learned that along time ago in Cozumel.

• 2 weeks later...
It's the ME (by Melia) Cabo Resort...see their website below. We were there in January and it was awesome. Adults only. Swim up bar. Loved it!

http://www.me-cabo.com/

Do you know about how far the ME resort is from where the cruise ship drops passengers off? And if a water taxi can take you from there instead of having to leave from Medano beach? It's been awhile since we've been to Cabo, and I can't remember the layout. Also, how are the prices for food and alcoholic beverages at ME? Thank you! :)

Do you know about how far the ME resort is from where the cruise ship drops passengers off? And if a water taxi can take you from there instead of having to leave from Medano beach? It's been awhile since we've been to Cabo, and I can't remember the layout. Also, how are the prices for food and alcoholic beverages at ME? Thank you! :)

The ME is on Medano beach and you can take a water taxi there from the marina at the tender drop off.

The beach club at the ME, Nikki Beach is one of the most expensive on the beach and the food is horrible. Lots of great places right on the beach with great food and prices.

The ME is on Medano beach and you can take a water taxi there from the marina at the tender drop off.

The beach club at the ME, Nikki Beach is one of the most expensive on the beach and the food is horrible. Lots of great places right on the beach with great food and prices.

Thanks for the info! You are right...got an email from Nikki Beach stating that the rental of their cabana beds are $55USD for a max of 3 people or $220USD for 12 people, and you have to purchase bottle service starting at $113USD. No thank you!

Can anyone recommend a good resort in Cabo that is around $50 for all inclusive or just one with private beach that we can use their facilities for little or no fee with purchase food and drink?

Trying to avoid the Medona beach bars and clubs, since last time we were there we couldn't even have a conversation without being interrupted nonstop by the vendors selling items on the beach.

I am also looking for a hotel that offer day pass for the use of their pools, beach and all inclusive.

I got the same quoted from ME too, but I spoke to someone else at ME and got a different quote. She said it is depend on the day you arrived. I think if the hotel is not busy, they might just let us in as long as we buy foods and drinks.

Can anyone recommend a good resort in Cabo that is around $50 for all inclusive or just one with private beach that we can use their facilities for little or no fee with purchase food and drink?

Trying to avoid the Medona beach bars and clubs, since last time we were there we couldn't even have a conversation without being interrupted nonstop by the vendors selling items on the beach.

There are no all inclusives right in Cabo. The closest ones are the 2 Riu properties which are about 3 miles out of town. I think I read that their day rate, if available is $100/pp.

All of the beaches in Mexico are public.

Hola! We just got back last week from our fabulous cruise to the Mexican Riviera. We were able to go to Dreams Resort Cabo for the day. It was all-inclusive from 9am -5pm for $59 per adult. The drinks and food were good and the view was awesome! E-mail the concierge through Dreams Resort Cabo's web site and see if they have space on your day. (I think it varies when they have weddings and conventions, etc.)

Dreams Resort is about 15 minutes away from the cruise port and the cab costs $25 USD, but it is WELL worth it.

Our pictures from our day at Dreams Resort Cabo are posted at:

PS - we did see a whale out in the water splashing about while we were lounging the day away. The pics of the whales at the beginning of the set were taken from our verandah as we sailed into port at Cabo San Lucas.

I am also looking for a hotel that offer day pass for the use of their pools, beach and all inclusive.

I got the same quoted from ME too, but I spoke to someone else at ME and got a different quote. She said it is depend on the day you arrived. I think if the hotel is not busy, they might just let us in as long as we buy foods and drinks.

I just received another email from a different person from ME/Nikki Beach that stated we can use their cabanas and deck free of charge, and their is no minimum purchase for food and drinks. I think the email I received before was for the Nikki Beach Club, and not the ME resort itself. Much better!

I just received another email from a different person from ME/Nikki Beach that stated we can use their cabanas and deck free of charge, and their is no minimum purchase for food and drinks. I think the email I received before was for the Nikki Beach Club, and not the ME resort itself. Much better!

I think it is the pool area where they have a charge. The cabanas out on the beach are usually available to anyone as long as you order something. We often walk from our resort next door and ask if we can use one- they are very nice!

Archived