Cabo day use resort???

cruisinthemed

Hi Laurie..Not really far, but not walking distance. We negotiated with the cab driver and for 6 of us in a van style cab it was $20.

We did walk, but it was because someone told us it wasn't that far. It really isn't, but we had to walk through some questionable areas and on muddy areas where it flung up the back of our ankles. Not fun. I would not walk it again.

Have you ever heard of "Villa Del Palmar"? Do you know which resort Carnival uses for their resort day?

Villa Del Palmar I think is right next to the Finesterra and no I don't know who Carnival uses. I wouldn't even go with Carnival -- I'd just go on my own, especially to anywhere right in the bay--you can walk to most places and/or take a $5 taxi anywhere.

We did walk, but it was because someone told us it wasn't that far. It really isn't, but we had to walk through some questionable areas and on muddy areas where it flung up the back of our ankles. Not fun. I would not walk it again.

Yikes!...I guess thats what I mean my no walking distance lol! Scary walk and we had all of our towels and stuff. And it was scorching hot!

Did you take a cab back? :D

Yikes!...I guess thats what I mean my no walking distance lol! Scary walk and we had all of our towels and stuff. And it was scorching hot!

Did you take a cab back? :D

We ended up walking up the beach to Billygan's Island. After we were done there, we took a water taxi to the downtown shopping area for a bit, then a rickshaw back to the Elation's loading area. I guess we did everything except a taxi, lol

Tip- Have exact change on you. They promised us change for our boat fare when we got to the dock (the "other guy" had small bills). No dice. They played dumb and kept the few bucks they owed us. Live and learn. :)

Sorry if this sounds like beating a dead horse on this thread but because I'm planning for a group of 10 which includes 3 kids ages 5 - 9. We can get off at the tender, negotiate a taxi to Medano Beach and just plop down at any of the resorts and/or beach clubs with the caveat to buy food/drink (which we plan on doing anyway) and use thier facilities for free?

Anyone got a good recomendation for family oriented area beach day?

Thanks all

S

Thanks all

No, sorry. We visited ME resort which is a bit upscale and boring for kids, then Billygan's Island, which is super fun, but a bit rowdy for kids. I'm not sure where the middle is. ;)

Is it possible to stay longer than the alloted 4 hrs?

I suppose if you got a taxi back to the dock on your own rather than the bus taking you back with the group you could stay at the resort longer. I would make sure it was OK at the resort before doing it.

I would love to back to Casa Dorada, we loved it there.

Have fun!

Toni

Sorry if this sounds like beating a dead horse on this thread but because I'm planning for a group of 10 which includes 3 kids ages 5 - 9. We can get off at the tender, negotiate a taxi to Medano Beach and just plop down at any of the resorts and/or beach clubs with the caveat to buy food/drink (which we plan on doing anyway) and use thier facilities for free?

Thanks all

No! You can not go to most of the resorts without either purchasing a tour from the cruiseline or buying a day pass but not very many of them do that.

You can go to any of the beach bars that line Medano beach and use their lounge chairs and umbrellas for free as long as you are buying food and drinks. Wild and crazy = Mango Deck or Billygans. More laid back = Baja Cantina, Tabascso, Sand Bar or Medano Beach Club.

The poster that said he had to "rent" a chair got ripped off by an overzelous waiter or someone who doesn't even work there. They never "charge" for chairs at any of the beach bars in Cabo.

The poster that said he had to "rent" a chair got ripped off by an overzelous waiter or someone who doesn't even work there. They never "charge" for chairs at any of the beach bars in Cabo.

They didn't charge us for the regular chairs, just the nice padded ones. He was the same guy that served us food and drinks all day. Maybe he had a side business. Who knows. Like I said, it was worth the $5 or so. No biggie.

I suppose if you got a taxi back to the dock on your own rather than the bus taking you back with the group you could stay at the resort longer. I would make sure it was OK at the resort before doing it.

I would love to back to Casa Dorada, we loved it there.

Have fun!

Toni

I see there are a supposedly three different time periods you can go on this excursion, all 4 hrs. Do they segregate the different groups in any way, such as different colored wrist bands? Past experience suggests it's not quite as formal as carnival's website makes it out to be. My point is for $90, I want to stay as long as possible and 4 hrs. probably isn't enough.

I see there are a supposedly three different time periods you can go on this excursion, all 4 hrs. Do they segregate the different groups in any way, such as different colored wrist bands? Past experience suggests it's not quite as formal as carnival's website makes it out to be. My point is for $90, I want to stay as long as possible and 4 hrs. probably isn't enough.

Wow! For way less than $90, you can just take a water taxi to the beach ($3/pp) and then pick one of the many beach bars to hang out at for as long as you want. We don't even spend that much all day each when we stay in Cabo let alone for just the afternoon. I wonder why it is so much?

We have a toddler who can't swim in the pools on the ship, and I don't think he'll like the ocean so we're trying to get to a swimming pool he can enjoy.

Oh, gotcha, that makes sense! Do check with the resort though as many do not allow toddlers in swim diapers either just like on the ship.

Is Dreams for adults only? What is the price for kids? I went to their website but they dont have any info on day rates

Dreams is not adults only but it is not in Cabo. It is located on the corridor between Cabo and San Jose. I would estimate that a cabo would be about $35-$40 each way.

• 3 weeks later...

We're looking to spend the day watching the water from nice beach chairs under an umbrella with tasty adult beverages. We're not looking for a spring break scene or a big crowd.

Would Dreams be a good place?

We're even considered hoofing it out to the Westin or Sheraton and shelling out some starwood points for the use of a room for a day. Any suggestions?

No need to shell out points for the westin. We stopped by there in april last year and just walked to the front desk, asked if we could tour the hotel, and they said sure, go ahead and use the pools, beach, etc... they had really good food and drinks too. May be that they were'nt too busy or that may be the norm since its a ways away from cabo.

No need to shell out points for the westin. We stopped by there in april last year and just walked to the front desk, asked if we could tour the hotel, and they said sure, go ahead and use the pools, beach, etc... they had really good food and drinks too. May be that they were'nt too busy or that may be the norm since its a ways away from cabo.

Thanks rtaurus for the info.

Has anyone been to the Cabo Dreams Resort recently? It gets good reviews on TripAdvisor.

Archived