Seabourn Spirit...?

bahrain_not_dubai!

Although I am quite certain that this question has been asked numerous times before, I am just wondering, having already experienced the wonders of Seabourn on the beautiful Odyssey, if the Spirit still sustains such a high level of serivice, and overall cruise quality. I have read previously that Seabourn was 'training' people on the original triplets to go on to their big sisters, which surly is not a good sign ? The itinerary i'm interested in is due to the fact that it has no 'repeat' ports, but I also notice that the fare is $400 or so lower than on, say a remotely similar cruise on the Odyssey- why is this? Simply because the Odyssey is a larger ship?

I just wish to check with fellow Seabourn cruisers if the same 'Seabourn' standard is still sustained fleetwide, even with the upcoming arrival of the Quest and the two larger ships in the two previous years.

Thank you !

If anything I think the service will be even better on the triplets. They people they were training on the triplets to go on the bigger ships were in addition to the regular staff. It is a different experience from the Odyssey as the ships and passenger load are smaller but these small ships are truly what Seabourn is all about. Or at least used to be.

As might be quite evident already, I do have tendencies to worry! :P

I have decided to book on the Spirit due to the fantastic Croatian ports of call available during its voyage. Nonetheless, and I say this simply from an inquisitive point of view- the fares I have received are fundemently lower than other voyages... would this effect the overall level of service, and quality of cruise? I simply do not want to be disappointed with Seabourn, and just am hoping that a substantial lower fare, should I take it, would not undermine the overall 'Seabourn' quality of luxury.

Do I have any reason to worry, has anyone experienced the Spirit recently, or should all I be doing is reserving and waiting in calm anticipation for the voyage ? :P :) :rolleyes:

I think this is an interesting question. Has there been a poster so far on these boards that has sailed on the big sisters, then tried one of the triplets?

As far as service goes, I echo the previous posters that the service level will be at least the same…and likely BETTER…on the small ships. There is an intimacy that just can’t be duplicated on a ship twice the size. The smaller ships are very different from the new builds. One thing you will notice is that a lot of the public spaces will do “double duty” to achieve a similar effect of the new ships. What is dedicated space on the Odyssey wears several faces on the triplets.

Having sailed on both now, I can say that each type of ship has its charms. I’ll be interested to hear what you think when you return.

Archived