48 Hour Courtesy Hold

TMLAalum

If a cabin is placed on courtesy hold, can it then be booked thru a travel agency so as to maintain the cabin choice?

Am I correct that after booking, the reservation can be transferred to a TA using a written form? It seems easier to me if the transfer could be done during the 48 hour hold period. Has anyone had experience with this method?

Thanks!

If a cabin is placed on courtesy hold, can it then be booked thru a travel agency so as to maintain the cabin choice?

Am I correct that after booking, the reservation can be transferred to a TA using a written form? It seems easier to me if the transfer could be done during the 48 hour hold period. Has anyone had experience with this method?

Thanks!

Yes, you can.. I just did this a few weeks ago. But you need to move quickly, as I was told that the process can take up to 48 hours. You need to fill out this form:

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/faq/2010_CelebrityBookingTransferForm.pdf

When I spoke with a Captain's Club rep, she was kind enough to extend the courtesy hold date to insure enough time for the transfer to take place, now, I don't know if this is normal procedure. At the time of booking, final payment was due in order to confirm the booking, so they wanted to insure enough time was given for the transfer.

Hope this helps!

You can put the hold on the cabin and then have your TA deal with X while the hold is in place. It works best if you are on hand to verify, but the deposit will be the same either way. And as far as filling out the form and signing it, the transfer from direct to TA can be done electronically without any difficulties. So if you want, just book and deal with the transfer at a future date, but before 60 days pass since we can no longer transfer after the booking has been in place 60 days.

Yes, you can.. I just did this a few weeks ago. But you need to move quickly, as I was told that the process can take up to 48 hours. You need to fill out this form:

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/faq/2010_CelebrityBookingTransferForm.pdf

When I spoke with a Captain's Club rep, she was kind enough to extend the courtesy hold date to insure enough time for the transfer to take place, now, I don't know if this is normal procedure. At the time of booking, final payment was due in order to confirm the booking, so they wanted to insure enough time was given for the transfer.

Hope this helps!

Am I missing something here? Why not just confirm the reservation and then transfer at your leisure?

I did this recently myself, but after we decided to book the cabin we had on hold, I called our TA. She in turn called Celebrity and they put me on three-way so I could verbally give them verification to book the held room. It all went off very smoothly. The TA then proceeded to complete the reservation.

Am I missing something here? Why not just confirm the reservation and then transfer at your leisure?

I did stipulate that my circumstances were a little different because at the time of booking, placing a deposit was not an option.. full payment was due in order to confirm the reservation. I was addressing the concern for transferring the booking during the courtesy hold time frame. Sorry for any confusion!

Archived