Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I love love love the one shoulder top with the spagetti strap. It is gorgeous!

Thank you! I'm definitely taking that one! Not too sure about the snug fitting one from WHBM though, it looks better under a sweater or jacket IMO.

I have decided to only take the black dress and the sun dress. I may actually return the snake print dress.

I know I can't take them all, but here are the shoes I've pulled to chose from. No flip flops included as I like to say those don't really count right? I will also take a pair tennis shoes.

248223031_blackninewest.jpg.af6e6984867d2811c06becf230571f10.jpg

1173959757_brownforever21.jpg.140430152f15c16a51feb80a278dd540.jpg

718152128_silverVSCollinStuart.jpg.61f1df8f2a5d3a28ab0e8d3a0b834ce7.jpg

flats.jpg.ab29ca45c6198d71626cbbab517e94e3.jpg

190611089_VSCSwedgeandBakerssandle.jpg.0a622dd9b77c31234e7c482843a165cc.jpg

1954581289_pewterslideandBandolinowedge.jpg.d29b76908b34543dedc88524d0041203.jpg

Edited by 01 Cobra

I know I can't take them all, but here are the shoes I've pulled to chose from. No flip flops included as I like to say those don't really count right? I will also take a pair tennis shoes.

I just love your shoes! I wish that I could wear shoes like that. I only wear flats--bad feet!

I just love your shoes! I wish that I could wear shoes like that. I only wear flats--bad feet!

Thank you! Everyone has been so nice. I know we all have different styles and tastes so i appreciate the kind words. I like flats too, but I am really short...barely 5'2 on a good day. :) So I like heels more...but comfortable ones with strong heels because I walk hard. Decisions...decisions...I still haven't made up my mind yet.

I did pick out a few bags..nothing fabulous tho. Small wristlet, beach bag and a cross body. I may post a couple more pictures tonight if I have time. :p

Thank you! I'm definitely taking that one! Not too sure about the snug fitting one from WHBM though, it looks better under a sweater or jacket IMO.

I have decided to only take the black dress and the sun dress. I may actually return the snake print dress.

I like the neckline on the WHBM top, very flattering. I can see how it would look nice under a jacket.

Love the shoes too. I always take too many, luckily summery clothes are small and light to leave room for all those heavy shoes without going over the luggage weight limit!

01 Cobra: So many photos are so-o-o helpful for CCFs who are trying to decide what to pack. Thank you for taking the time to snap the pictures and post them:).

I love prints and so they are my favorite of your tops; and I love the one-shoulder style, so that's another favorite. All appropriate for cruising.

And I love the way you photographed shoes with one on your foot and the other facing the opposite direction. Gives a good idea of how they look.

All of your dresses look good to me, I'm partial to dresses, casual for dinner and cocktail style for formal nights...

Update on No-Spreadsheet for Vacation: It's taking more time to choose an outfit...even for hanging out at the cottage - what shorts/Capris...what top? I'm talking only a couple minutes (usually) but that's valuable time with my family:eek:!

Edited by indiana71

I like the neckline on the WHBM top, very flattering. I can see how it would look nice under a jacket.

Love the shoes too. I always take too many, luckily summery clothes are small and light to leave room for all those heavy shoes without going over the luggage weight limit!

I am not doing too bad packing. I think I am going to pull off this 2 week trip with a medium size suitcase and a roller board. All of the shoes are in the roller board. I did not pack the flats nor the chunky brown heels. I plan on wearing black flip flops that have jewels on the top (just a little bling) :D on the plane. It's a shame air travel has come to this, but it is convienent to wear easy on and off shoes for security.

And yes, I absolutely agree... summer clothes are much easier to pack than winterL I have no idea how I'm going to pack for our trip to Germany this fall!!!

OK, here are some tops I tried on while packing. The purchase place is in the name of the picture you will see when you click to enlarge it. None of them are new...last seasons stuff I'm still wearing. I got the Cabi top this past spring season but have yet to wear it so I guess that would count as new.

Here goes: opinions welcome..be gentle though :p

#1 looks to tight....IMO

I don't care for the last one....again JMO

The rest of them I like

01 Cobra brings up an interesting point. As much as we're told to wear our heaviest clothes/shoes to avoid overpacking charges, it's so much more convenient to wear sandals through security.

In winter that might not be an option (unless you're lucky enough to be flying to a tropical climate:cool:).

So the QUESTION is: Do you wear shoes to the airport that are easy-off, easy-on?

01 Cobra brings up an interesting point. As much as we're told to wear our heaviest clothes/shoes to avoid overpacking charges, it's so much more convenient to wear sandals through security.

In winter that might not be an option (unless you're lucky enough to be flying to a tropical climate:cool:).

So the QUESTION is: Do you wear shoes to the airport that are easy-off, easy-on?

I LOVE this thread...being reading for awhile, but I think this is my first time posting.

The few minutes of actually being shoeless going through security don't make much difference to me. I never wear sandals to travel because I'm always freezing (especially my feet) on the plane. In the summer, it's sneakers; in the winter, I'm all about boots.

I'd love some input on a dress I just got. I'm hoping this will look nice enough for a formal night. I'm thinking that it will be ok because it's polyester (not cotton) and has some embellishment at the neckline. Any thoughts?

1101736?wid=1000&hei=1000&op_sharpen=1

I LOVE this thread...being reading for awhile, but I think this is my first time posting.

The few minutes of actually being shoeless going through security don't make much difference to me. I never wear sandals to travel because I'm always freezing (especially my feet) on the plane. In the summer, it's sneakers; in the winter, I'm all about boots.

I'd love some input on a dress I just got. I'm hoping this will look nice enough for a formal night. I'm thinking that it will be ok because it's polyester (not cotton) and has some embellishment at the neckline. Any thoughts?

GORGEOUS color!!

Personally I would never go barefoot in the security area - from what I have read - not a good idea- always wear socks (just read an article on germs in airports, planes and esp airplane bathrooms! :eek: - pretty upsetting)- or at the very least have socks on when you go thru security then take them off or change into sandals/flip flops if you must!

Edited by Froufie

Geocruiser -

Yes, that is the Charming Charlie website. The store is much more impressive.

ChrisRoo - You don’t want to hear then that I went to 3 different Charming Charlie locations in my area. And I just found out that they will be opening one less than 3 miles from my house in Oct-Nov of this year. I learned my lesson yesterday, though, when I drove 30-40 minutes to get the 3rd location, only to find out that the BOGO clearance was over. Drat! I was sad as I put all (most) of the amazing cheap finds back. :(

Cobra -

I like all your posted selections. Your aqua top is my favorite of the tops. I love the LBD and the orange, too. I am jealous of your heels. I've veered away from heels lately and whenever I put on the ones in my closet, I just feel silly now.

And, it's ALL YOUR FAULT! about my excessive hat shopping now. I went out to try and find a white hat like the one you posted (or a nice neutral) and now I have all those others. I couldn't get one like yours in white, but now I got one in black last night, so now I have it in 2 colors, black and aqua. I also got a second version of that teal hat, this time in pink!

I've been shopping quite a bit now that others have posted about clearances. I wanted to make sure I got a swimsuit. Found a one piece in fuchsia as well as another tankini kind in black. Still on the hunt for one to wear snorkeling, possibly a rashguard. I found 4 coverups and will have to see how they play out. The swim/beach selection is getting thin, but I’d rather get something on sale in the store than have to buy a swimsuit online.

I am nowhere close to posting any pictures online as I am just shopping and buying and hopefully returning as I find more of what I am seeking. I’m not always in the mood to try on at stores and I’m trying to be strict about how much I buy and keep. I got new stuff from Coldwater Creek, Anne Taylor Loft, TJMaxx, Ross and Burlington (and Charming Charlie’s!). I really don’t need much of it, so I will be paring it down.

Indiana - How’s the vacay going with no spreadsheet?

Ws4 - love your dress.

Um yes, I fly in sandals or croc flops or slip ons sometimes. And then I bring socks for when I get cold on the plane!

I've been lurking here for a while, but jumping in today!

Ws4....the dress is beautiful!!

Airport? I usually go for the flip flops. You might catch me throwing some antibacterial gel on the feet afterward though, very discretely of course!

Charming Charlie addict! I can always find something there I like!

DH and I are getting ready for a cruise in September and I'll post some dress pics as soon as I figure out how to do it from my iPad ;)

I just love the dress!

I've been lurking here for a while, but jumping in today!

Ws4....the dress is beautiful!!

Airport? I usually go for the flip flops. You might catch me throwing some antibacterial gel on the feet afterward though, very discretely of course!

Charming Charlie addict! I can always find something there I like!

DH and I are getting ready for a cruise in September and I'll post some dress pics as soon as I figure out how to do it from my iPad ;)

Welcome to the thread. What ship are you going on?

#1 looks to tight....IMO

I don't care for the last one....again JMO

The rest of them I like

Thank you for the honesty! Yea, the first one does look snug...but it's stretchy so it's comfortable. I didn't pack it for this trip. I did pack the rest tho! :D

I love the neck line and the deep purple color. Nice choice!

Personally I would never go barefoot in the security area - from what I have read - not a good idea- always wear socks (just read an article on germs in airports, planes and esp airplane bathrooms! :eek: - pretty upsetting)- or at the very least have socks on when you go thru security then take them off or change into sandals/flip flops if you must!

This is an excellent point. But being the rebel I am :p, I am going to buy the antibacterial spray and just spray me feet once I get through security. They sell the little tiny ink pen size srays at our local cvs.

This fall I will most likely wear flats with no socks :eek:

Edited by 01 Cobra

Geocruiser -

Yes, that is the Charming Charlie website. The store is much more impressive.

ChrisRoo - You don’t want to hear then that I went to 3 different Charming Charlie locations in my area. And I just found out that they will be opening one less than 3 miles from my house in Oct-Nov of this year. I learned my lesson yesterday, though, when I drove 30-40 minutes to get the 3rd location, only to find out that the BOGO clearance was over. Drat! I was sad as I put all (most) of the amazing cheap finds back. :(

Cobra -

I like all your posted selections. Your aqua top is my favorite of the tops. I love the LBD and the orange, too. I am jealous of your heels. I've veered away from heels lately and whenever I put on the ones in my closet, I just feel silly now.

And, it's ALL YOUR FAULT! about my excessive hat shopping now. I went out to try and find a white hat like the one you posted (or a nice neutral) and now I have all those others. I couldn't get one like yours in white, but now I got one in black last night, so now I have it in 2 colors, black and aqua. I also got a second version of that teal hat, this time in pink!

I've been shopping quite a bit now that others have posted about clearances. I wanted to make sure I got a swimsuit. Found a one piece in fuchsia as well as another tankini kind in black. Still on the hunt for one to wear snorkeling, possibly a rashguard. I found 4 coverups and will have to see how they play out. The swim/beach selection is getting thin, but I’d rather get something on sale in the store than have to buy a swimsuit online.

I am nowhere close to posting any pictures online as I am just shopping and buying and hopefully returning as I find more of what I am seeking. I’m not always in the mood to try on at stores and I’m trying to be strict about how much I buy and keep. I got new stuff from Coldwater Creek, Anne Taylor Loft, TJMaxx, Ross and Burlington (and Charming Charlie’s!). I really don’t need much of it, so I will be paring it down.

Indiana - How’s the vacay going with no spreadsheet?

Ws4 - love your dress.

Um yes, I fly in sandals or croc flops or slip ons sometimes. And then I bring socks for when I get cold on the plane!

I bought that white hat in Puerto Rico last year at a shop in down town San Juan. :) It is already packed for this upcoming cruise as well. I too am a power shopper. :D I do try on in store, but I like on line shopping and its nice to try on clothes at home and pair the out fits together so you will have a better idea of how a piece will work with your wardrobe.