Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

The one item of clothing that goes on every vacation with me, cruising or not, is a long silk skirt that came from Chico's about 6 years ago. My best friend bought it for me. It packs beautifull, is very versatile and I love it.

I will try and find a photo of it.

[quote name='Froufie']Yes - got this a while ago - only wear it on 'cruises'! Hangs in closet covered in plastic awaiting next 'outing' :D:D
[URL]http://www.ebay.com/itm/QUACKER-FACTORY-White-Knit-Embellished-Top-Long-Sleeve-T-Shirt-Beach-Scene-1X-/290765564040?pt=US_CSA_WC_Shirts_Tops&hash=item43b2fa6888[/URL][/quote]

I just love the bead embroidery, might even try it myself

Sandy in Spain

[quote name='Froufie']Yes - got this a while ago - only wear it on 'cruises'! Hangs in closet covered in plastic awaiting next 'outing' :D:D
[URL]http://www.ebay.com/itm/QUACKER-FACTORY-White-Knit-Embellished-Top-Long-Sleeve-T-Shirt-Beach-Scene-1X-/290765564040?pt=US_CSA_WC_Shirts_Tops&hash=item43b2fa6888[/URL][/quote]
Such a fun cruise top...love it!

[quote name='BTraveling47']I get ready for our cruises just as you do. Our guest room becomes my staging area. After I've assembled my dinner outfits, complete with accessories, I take a picture of each with my iPhone as a handy reference on the ship. Jewelry for each outfit is placed in little fabric bags that I save from Chicos, then all of the fabric bags are placed in a gallon size Ziplock bag. Tissue paper is wonderful for packing clothes. Have you tried using extra large ZipLock bags (I buy them at Target) for the items folded in tissue? Works great for slacks, shorts, shirts, tee's. Squeeze all the air out of the bag, zip them up and everything is beautiful when unpacked. I actually pack almost everything in those bags or the gallon size bags -- socks, shoes, and underwear. When unpacking, many of the plastic bags go directly from suitcase to drawers. Helps me keep things organized during the cruise.[/quote]

I pack everything in ziplock bags too. I even do this on business trips. It not only keeps the clothes wrinkle free and fresh, but I think it helps keep things clean and organized. I put my jewelry in a small bag and put it inside the ziplock with the top. I can't believe it is only 4 more months to my cruise!!! It seems like last week it was a year away. I can't wait to start choosing outfits and packing, I really need to buckle down and start working out if I'm going to reach my weightloss goal by then.

Cruise outfit staple: I have this white deep v neck cover up that I absolutely Love. I bought it for my first cruise and have been taking it ever since. With the exception of my honeymoon in playa del carmen, It is solely a cruise item! I have a casual, long white skirt I like to take too. It goes good with my big white hat! Whenever I am wearing that I feel like the cruise has officially begun!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]To All CCFs Who Responded to: What always goes on a cruise - do you notice a common thread among us? That one item is TIMELESS! Black silk skirt, white daytime skirt, cover-up, Cargo shorts, gold bangles, etc. - ALL could have been worn 20 years ago and will still be good 20 years from now:cool:![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][U]Jsim2011[/U]: It's never too soon to start planning Cruise Outfits! Supplement your wardrobe at end-of-the-season sales and you will be ready to go when the luggage comes out:).[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]PS - What's the Pandora group?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][U]Froufie:[/U] Your top is perfect for cruising!! If I saw you onboard, I would say, "Now there's a lady who is having a great time!"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Indiana Pandora is a jewlery brand, you may have senn ads for the charm bracelet which is very popular. This is the second Pandora cruise, and the first I will have been on. Basically, Pandora have a block booking on the ship and there will be events onboard for people that are part of the Pandora group.

I received my first Pandoa bracelet as a gift from my daughter 4 years ago and became hooked on the charms. I now work at a Pandora store and have several more bracelets :)

[quote name='Happy ks']One thing I like to do is to have my husband take pictures of me in the clothing I plan to take. Then I can upload it, see myself the way others see me and make adjustments.

[/QUOTE]

This. If I'm not sure about an outfit, I take a picture of me in it with my phone first. This provides a great perspective. Best fashion tip I ever got from Cher in the movie Clueless. Lol! Seriously!

I tend to buy too many shoes, hats, comfy tops and comfy casual cotton dresses. I have everything pulled out and ready for me to try on before I leave for my cruise in a few days. I also have extra shorts in one size slightly bigger to accommodate any overindulgence I make take part in during my vacay. My comfy dresses provide such allowances thanks to their material and cut. :)

[quote name='deladela']Such a fun cruise top...love it![/QUOTE]

[quote name='t60']I just love the bead embroidery, might even try it myself

Sandy in Spain[/QUOTE]

[quote name='indiana71'][U]Froufie:[/U] Your top is perfect for cruising!! If I saw you onboard, I would say, "Now there's a lady who is having a great time[/QUOTE]

Thanks everyone - I just love wearing my 'cruise ship bling' shirt - usually only wear it once on a 7 day - but seeing as I am dong a 15 day transatlantic and will have to wear things more than once - this should make at least 2 appearances :D:D Edited by Froufie

[quote name='indiana71'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][U]TNGALOHA: [/U]Copying is the best form of flattery!! I don't mind at all if you make a necklace like mine. Truly, I'm a little envious that you can make jewelry - that's something I've never tried.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][U]plank[/U]: Yes, my hair is [I]really[/I] blond...Looking in the mirror is something I'm getting used to;). And this is the longest it's been since my teenage years!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Bill says "Hello"!:cool:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Haven't been on in awhile. Glad Bill is enjoying his blond gal!!! Love looking at everyone's fashion. I make earrings, but not well:) Just something fun to do for an outfit!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]During our Family Vacation, the subject of dressing alike came up. One DS (the marketing guy) said he would design a family logo that the other DS (contractor guy) could have his contact embroider on shirts. The 3 dads will have golf shirts, the 4 grandkids can have T-shirts and I ordered a top for the 3 moms. Cobalt blue is what our mom tops are. So the dads & grandkids can (hopefully) get close to the same color.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]The logo will be rather small (the size of the pocket on a man's shirt).[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]...after that long explanation, here's the QUESTION:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff] If you are traveling w/ a group, do you wear matching shirts? We've all seen families wearing T-shirts saying "Smith Family Cruise" or something similar. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Would you wear the shirts to board? For a group portrait? Another occasion? Or just whenever?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi -- When we went on our Med cruise to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary, one of our friends had T-shirts made with our picture on them; front was of us when we first married and back was recent. Wording said (front) "What began June 20, 1959" (back) "Continues today .... 50 years and Still Frisky!" "Bill and Mary" under our picture. We got lots of Hi, Frisky! comments on board. We only wore the shirts for boarding and one picture-taking session.

We were a group of 7 friends and family. Wonderful memories.

Margee:D

When i turned 30 several years back a group of 4 of us wore matching hot pink shirts. The fronts all said "Guess who's turning 30?" and the back of mine said "I am!" and the others said "She is!" They definitely got a lot of attention the day we wore them. We had taken a dance class that they filmed and had it on a loop on the TVs in the rooms. From then on we were known as the bright pink girls with no rhythm! hahahahah

[quote name='indiana71'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]During our Family Vacation, the subject of dressing alike came up. One DS (the marketing guy) said he would design a family logo that the other DS (contractor guy) could have his contact embroider on shirts. The 3 dads will have golf shirts, the 4 grandkids can have T-shirts and I ordered a top for the 3 moms. Cobalt blue is what our mom tops are. So the dads & grandkids can (hopefully) get close to the same color.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]The logo will be rather small (the size of the pocket on a man's shirt).[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]...after that long explanation, here's the QUESTION:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff] If you are traveling w/ a group, do you wear matching shirts? We've all seen families wearing T-shirts saying "Smith Family Cruise" or something similar. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Would you wear the shirts to board? For a group portrait? Another occasion? Or just whenever?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Always get custom made shirts - even if it's just the two of us. I am doing the TA solo and many of us have ordered the same t-shirt - can't wait to wear it onboard! ;)

CelticGirlCruiser -
I am jealous of your closet!

Packing without a spreadsheet - FAIL!
I decided spur of the moment to do a road trip to the Grand Canyon with my kids, camping (12.5 hours each way). Not the time for no spreadsheets, but time was of the essence as school was going to start. It was a pack and shove job when in came to my and the kids' clothes. I can't even tell you what we wore. And it's a good thing I have the camping list down to a science as that could have really been disastrous!

Packing with only a paper list - not ideal, but doable.
Last week we decided to take a mini vacation and follow the US Pro Cycling Challenge. We took 3 days and went through Buena Vista, Glenwood Springs, Aspen, Vail and Breckenridge, checking out the bike race. No kids and nice hotels. :)

And, I finally made (most) of my cruise bathing suit decisions! We took some time in Glenwood Springs Hot Spring Pool and the hotel pools, so I got to "road test" my bathing suits. And I wore all 3 hats I packed. Yay!

I hope to lose weight in the now less than 90 days to my cruise, so I actually just went out and picked up a few bathing suits in a smaller size (here's hoping!)

My job ended, so I will be joining a gym as finally I will have some time. I had an interview today, though, so wish me luck! If I get this one, I will definitely splurge on another cruise!

Does anyone else save the soap and hair products from the nice hotels? I scored some Paul Mitchell and some other nice stuff. I am looking forward to nice products onboard. Can't say if I will use them or take them home to extend my cruise memories. What do you all do?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][U]MorganiCat[/U]: I love those toiletries from hotels! Using them brings back memories of fun times.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]I know a lady who travels often and saves all them and then gives them to her grandchildren in their Christmas stockings. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]My DDLs keep them in a basket in the guest bathroom.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]It's especially nice when the products are high quality - like Crabtree & Evelyn (that I have in use now:cool:).[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi Fashionistas...could use some ideas on what type of top to wear with this skirt. Yes, it is black, full sequins & elastic waist band. It comes to about my knees.

Originally I bought it to wear to a few holiday parties, but, thinking I'd like to take on my next cruise to wear on formal night...since it would pack like a dream.

Just having a hard time invisioning what type of top for a carribean cruise in April. Trying to snag a good deal with all our summer things on sale!

Thanks!

[IMG]http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb476/jeaninegresock/2fd11ac7b719d5349f02503a67a563f9.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='tizzylizz']Hi Fashionistas...could use some ideas on what type of top to wear with this skirt. Yes, it is black, full sequins & elastic waist band. It comes to about my knees.

Originally I bought it to wear to a few holiday parties, but, thinking I'd like to take on my next cruise to wear on formal night...since it would pack like a dream.

Just having a hard time invisioning what type of top for a carribean cruise in April. Trying to snag a good deal with all our summer things on sale!

Thanks!

[IMG]http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb476/jeaninegresock/2fd11ac7b719d5349f02503a67a563f9.jpg[/IMG][/quote]
I think a silver satiny halter would look great with it! I love the skirt!

[quote name='boopsahoy']Very cute skirt! You can wear any color with it-except black;blacks are so hard to match![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip about blacks being hard to match. I never realized that!

[quote name='deladela']I think a silver satiny halter would look great with it! I love the skirt![/QUOTE]

Oh, great idea! Thanks, I can see that working.

[quote name='tizzylizz']Thanks for the tip about blacks being hard to match. I never realized that!

Oh, great idea! Thanks, I can see that working.[/quote]

Youre welcome! Ive worked in the apparel industry all my life and matching blacks are a b*tch! A silver satiny halter would be great!