Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Here is a nautical shirt that is close to the one showen above. It comes in four different colors. I did think about buying it when I was in Bealls yesterday. But had to go home because I was under the weather.

http://www.beallsflorida.com/online/coral-bay-striped-roll-sleeve-anchor-top

Today there is a sale of $10 off if you spend $30. and free shipping.

Edited by geocruiser

Haven't been to Goodwill for a couple months and since all outfits are packed, I don't need anything...but stopped anyway;).

Got a new pair of Talbot teal-colored cords and a fun Ann Taylor top (tags still attached!). The pants will get worn several times since winter is sticking around. The top will have to wait till the Next Cruise!

Tag price: $108 - My price: $8icon14.gif!

No fun shirts for DH...but I did get him 2 pairs of Dockers at the mall (on sale), so he's happy too:):cool:.

He's been so-o-o good about getting clothes out, he needed a reward!

We're going to check-out our local Goodwill this Saturday for the half-off sale. Word on the street is that it is a realllllly good one! It's our first time at this particular location.

Also, Gap has a "surprise sale" 35% off online today! Happy shopping if you are so inclined!

I don't have pictures (except for a couple) because I haven't started packing yet, but I do have my list of coordinated evening outfits! Here goes:

Day 1 Giovanni's:

Dh=navy blazer, khakis, white polo

Dd=teal/green/cream Janie & Jack pant suit

100015241.jpg

Me=Navy linen pants with white top OR cream dress

Day 2 Formal:

Dh=Black suit with dark purple striped shirt + tie

Dd=purple tafetta dress

555557?$ibm_large$

Me=purple chiffon dress

Day 3 Casual:

Dh=Yellow button down shirt + khakis

Dd=Janie & Jack floral top (green, coral, yellow, pink) + white pants

Me=Coral lace dress

Day 4 Smart Casual(?):

DH=White & Lime Green stripe shirt w/ blazer

Dd=pink & green floral dress

Me=green dress

Day 5 Formal:

Dh=black suit with bow tie

Dd=black and white taffeta dress

Me=white dress

7fb5501fffb750a87ae30163fe7042af.jpg

Day 6 Casual:

Dh=pink button down

Dd=peach & green peasant style top & pants

Me=Chiffon dress in blue with pink, coral, yellow floral

We're going to check-out our local Goodwill this Saturday for the half-off sale. Word on the street is that it is a realllllly good one! It's our first time at this particular location.

Also, Gap has a "surprise sale" 35% off online today! Happy shopping if you are so inclined!

I don't have pictures (except for a couple) because I haven't started packing yet, but I do have my list of coordinated evening outfits! Here goes:

Day 1 Giovanni's:

Dh=navy blazer, khakis, white polo

Dd=teal/green/cream Janie & Jack pant suit

100015241.jpg

Me=Navy linen pants with white top OR cream dress

Day 2 Formal:

Dh=Black suit with dark purple striped shirt + tie

Dd=purple tafetta dress

555557?$ibm_large$

Me=purple chiffon dress

Day 3 Casual:

Dh=Yellow button down shirt + khakis

Dd=Janie & Jack floral top (green, coral, yellow, pink) + white pants

Me=Coral lace dress

Day 4 Smart Casual(?):

DH=White & Lime Green stripe shirt w/ blazer

Dd=pink & green floral dress

Me=green dress

Day 5 Formal:

Dh=black suit with bow tie

Dd=black and white taffeta dress

Me=white dress

7fb5501fffb750a87ae30163fe7042af.jpg

Day 6 Casual:

Dh=pink button down

Dd=peach & green peasant style top & pants

Me=Chiffon dress in blue with pink, coral, yellow floral

I can't wait til you get back and post your pictures of your family for each night!! Ya'll will definitely win the best dressed award on your trip!

arom729, I just wanted to say Thank You so much for posting the info for the Gap.com 35% off today....I just bought that really cute anchor top and red crop pants....hopefully they will arrive before we leave in 18 days for our cruise! Also they NOW have all the sides in the top!!:D

arom729: Your DDs purple dress is adorable! And your white strapless will be the envy of the dining room. Is that the necklace you will be wearing?

BTW, I love that you take your daughter to Giovanni's. We believe that children should know "white table cloth" restaurants. Good for you!

arom729: Your DDs purple dress is adorable! And your white strapless will be the envy of the dining room. Is that the necklace you will be wearing?

BTW, I love that you take your daughter to Giovanni's. We believe that children should know "white table cloth" restaurants. Good for you!

I can't wait til you get back and post your pictures of your family for each night!! Ya'll will definitely win the best dressed award on your trip!

Thank you and you're welcome!

I will wear that necklace :). I've only worn it that one time, so I'm glad to get the chance again! It ties on, so I need to make sure to wear it higher up. :).

We decided to do just the one on the first night and early, but yeah, she'll need to learn restaurant etiquette eventually!

arom729, I just wanted to say Thank You so much for posting the info for the Gap.com 35% off today....I just bought that really cute anchor top and red crop pants....hopefully they will arrive before we leave in 18 days for our cruise! Also they NOW have all the sides in the top!!:D

Yay! Happy to help!

Murfturf: It's hard to see the colors in the dress (I even tried to enlarge it), but if the blues in the dress are the same as the blues in the shoes, then I see nothing wrong with wearing them...however, if none of the blues match up, then I guess I'd go with a solid color shoe like the model is wearing. Cute shoes, though!! Similar to the ones I bought at Fantastic Footwear on sale!! :)

murfturf: There's nothing wrong with mixing prints. In fact, IMHO, it's a great look IF as LifeIsButADream, said - the blues match up. And there doesn't appear to be any green (like in the shoes) in the dress.

Blue is such a difficult color because there are so many shades. The dress is adorable - you must wear it:)!

The shoes are perfect for cruising. You must build an outfit around them:cool:.

BTW - Where did you get the shoes? I would love to own a pair!

Try on the entire outfit and let your instinct tell you what to do. If you like the look - then do it.

Yes I like both and assume I will just have to use them separately! I just thought it might work :) The dress doesn't have green but the blues look good. That was as big of a picture of that dress I could find until I take a picture of me in it!

The shoes are Naturalizer and I found them on Amazon. $20 they have a navy pair as well. I have plenty of shirts that I believe will match. I almost got plain navy but the stripes were calling my name :) It's gonna be a blue cruise for me!!