Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Wow Sunnydaygirl, you're life just went from 50mph to 180mph in a New York MINUTE it sounds like!!!! I LOVE IT when that happens!!! You go girl! !! [emoji12][emoji109][emoji6]

So many things can relate to!! Lol I tend to shop when I'm bored also (or frustrated!) and I'm also dangerous shopping that way!! watch out budget! Lol

Wishing you wonderful, seat of your pants travels, truly the best kind!!! Enjoy!!!!!!

Wow Sunnydaygirl, you're life just went from 50mph to 180mph in a New York MINUTE it sounds like!!!! I LOVE IT when that happens!!! You go girl! !! [emoji12][emoji109][emoji6]

So many things can relate to!! Lol I tend to shop when I'm bored also (or frustrated!) and I'm also dangerous shopping that way!! watch out budget! Lol

Wishing you wonderful, seat of your pants travels, truly the best kind!!! Enjoy!!!!!!

I love last min plans. I've always wanted to that with cruising as well. That's also why packing with definite lists, as many on here use, would be an important tool for that. My DH and I agree that impromptu cruising is a goal of ours, but we've never done it. He's not retired yet, keeps putting it off because he loves his job. An Optometrist. He has cut back, and we do spend 2 months in Florida. That said, we've agreed to at least look at last min offers in Feb, even tho were booked in Jan. Our daughter and SIL have opened their home to us for those two months and we are gifting them with that cruise, BUT, we do think a 3 or 4 day break would be good for all!! We enjoy Key West and will be looking at one stopping there.

I did break down and buy a new turquoise shirt with some glittery elements this week! It's my favorite color. I'm trying not to do that because I know I'm going to have some big shopping opportunities in Cinn and Louisville. Late summer sales are the best.

Ladies, enjoy your weekend. Hope you do something cruisfastic!!

Joy

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Edited by sunnydaygirl

I'm at the Lake House (getting ready for Family Vacation). DH is at the Other House (recording all his radio programs for Vacation).

And it's been raining ALL Day! Like the previous posts stated "When I'm bored, I go shopping..." Since cleaning on a dreary day isn't very satisfying...I went to a consignment shop nearby. Got lucky with 2 totally Cruise Worthy skirts and tops:cool::) $30.

Next stop: Label $hopper - I was looking for white tops ONLY (always seem to gravitate to prints...) Bought 2 short sleeve & 1 long sleeve knit WHITE tops. Plus 1 black knit top (at least it's a solid color...). Another $30.

Not bad! And it's all going to the Cruise Room after Vacation.

notanlinesLizz: Yes! Go shopping NOW! Summer sales are going on. Didn't see any fall/winter clothes yet (although with temps in the low 60's, jeans and a sweater felt good:rolleyes:).

Once football season starts, a December cruise won't seem so far away. August always seems to fly by - trying to do as much Summer Stuff as possible!

But come September, I'll be working on my "Menu". Adding the new items is always fun!

sunnydaygirl - No wonder your DH doesn't want to retire! With Fridays and Mondays off, you have lots of long weekends! Nice:cool:;)

Yes, he loves his schedule!! Have a good Family vacation!!!

I haven't bought anything else cruise worthy yet. But---bought an end table that I'm just so excited about, a tech table!! It plugs in and has a pull out shelf that can hold small laptop, readers phones etc. it has 3 plug ins and 2 USB ports. Can't wait to get it situated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've been good so far!! bwwaaa haa haaaaa!!! Thats subject to change like the WIND lol! I'm fighting the urge to sort thru ANYTHING til the end of July. Thats my goal, to not go nuts til then... then watch out... You guys sound like you've already found some lovely items!!!! Aren't those upscale resale clothing stores just a TREASURE?!! Love them!! I found a beautiful full beaded white halter at one near me for our last cruise, perfect condition (just too big), for $10!!.. I paid my local tailor to fit it to me, ($18). Added it to a long fitted black satin skirt with small train, a bingo!! Felt like a million!! I was SOLD on resale shopping ever since!! Cant wait, but have sooo much already I really would feel guilty to shop without taking "inventory" first. Last cruise I bought things first, and ended up with waay too much to realistically bring, felt guilty! (Ok, a little lol). This December cruise is two weeks long, so I KNOW I'll have a chance to wear a lot of my "new" fancy things from my last February cruise that were left behind lol!!

The thing Im expecting I may need is nice shorts, tees... ahhhh... August hurry up!!

Have a nice Sunday ladies!!

[emoji2]

I'm enjoying my last hour of quiet. DH will be arriving at the Lake House soon. It's been a busy couple days on my own - cleaning (why bother when 10 people will be running around here for a week???) and getting used to new flooring and a Powder Room/Laundry Room (formerly nondescript back porch:rolleyes:).

The Family arrives Friday. I will definitely be taking DDLs to the consignment shop and Label $hopper after our Spa Morning and Lunch. How I love spending time with them!

notanlinesLizz: DH laughs when I talk about my outfits "Menu", and how that you talked about "taking inventory". That's another phrase that totally makes sense...and I will use.

Just like you, if I find a fabulous resale item that doesn't fit quite right - my alterations guru makes it perfect!

Moral of the Story: Don't be afraid to look at a size bigger! You might find something that only needs a bit of sewing to make it Cruise Worthy:cool::)!

Ugh!! Sorry I've been so quiet somehow I lost my connection to cruise critic!!

I hope you guys enjoyed your weekend!! Ours was wonderful, it was sunny and warm and dry.. Sunday my back hurt pretty bad and slowed me down, just slept in a bad position and aggravated it somehow. I got through it and felt a bit better as of yesterday... started painting with a wonderful small group of ladies, haven't done this in years, absolutely had a wonderful time last night!! I think I found what can keep me from going crazy between now and cruise haha I've drawn and painted since I was old enough to hold a pen but had to stop for a few years when I was very sick with this spine stuff... I felt on the top of the world last night to be throwing paint around again with a couple wonderful talented ladies that have been thru similar lives [emoji4]

Glad to be back!

Ok Friday is officially the day my inventory for my two week cruise will begin!! Lord help my dog as I expect i will probably use him as a mannequin to stage some of my outfits!! Lol

Let the fun begin!!!!

Have a blast!! I have a couple of weeks before I'll let myself actually start planning clothes. I'm down to 32 days out!!

Did break down and buy half price swim suit top. Brought it home to model with bottoms I already own. Just not sure.

Big news!! My husband bought me a new bike. I've wanted one for awhile. I rode for the first time today. Kept it down to 30 min. Want to be able to walk tomorrow. We've kind of become friends with people who do lots of biking. So who knows!!! I haven't owned a bike in probably 25 years. He rides most everyday, started when our DS left his behind. Told him it couldn't be my birthday present, want OBC for that:). My birthday is Aug 6. So it's an anniversary present. July 31. So hopefully an additional way to get 5 lbs off pre-cruise!!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Well last Friday came and went, and I had to put on off my cruise clothes "staging day" ! Ugh!! the planning has to wait now until sometime toward the end of August, Ive just got too busy too quick and I can't afford to mess up my guest room just yet. It's going to be used, I have out of state company coming now!! (Rare, we live out the boonies! Lol )

Turns out a couple that we met on our last cruise that we've maintained a friendship with, just got engaged!!!! it's so sweet!!!

They're coming up to visit from Kentucky the middle of August for a weekend, and they've asked us to be in their wedding next August!! She wants big traditional wedding so this would be an exciting year!!!!

Can't wait to see them!! Haven't been in a wedding in so many years it's great to have this, and a wonderful cruise to look forward to... lots of clothes, "menus" and planning ahead in my year to come.. one of my favorite pastimes!!!!! [emoji168][emoji108][emoji151][emoji1]

Morning friends!! I don't know what's wrong with this link but I keep getting blown out! Ugh!!

hope everybody had a good week so far and it's still on track and is happy about it!!

so far so good for me, just holding on with this yucky cold weather... no nice long walks to report ..BUT!! Praying for some sunshine tomorrow as we have a beautiful Art Fair here in my little town that I would love to go walk around and get some exercise finally this week!!

Cheers!!! [emoji126][emoji168][emoji182]

Morning friends!! I don't know what's wrong with this link but I keep getting blown out! Ugh!!

hope everybody had a good week so far and it's still on track and is happy about it!!

so far so good for me, just holding on with this yucky cold weather... no nice long walks to report ..BUT!! Praying for some sunshine tomorrow as we have a beautiful Art Fair here in my little town that I would love to go walk around and get some exercise finally this week!!

Cheers!!! [emoji126][emoji168][emoji182]

I know what you mean about the weather. We had so much rain the other day. My town had 3 to 4 inches in one day, according to where it was measured. We are luck to have a dry basement. Dark clouds every day. That old Great Lake weather engine might be causing some lake effect weather on us. It was 62 degrees here the other day, cloudy and I was wearing a sweater. No sun dresses here!

I know what you mean about the weather. We had so much rain the other day. My town had 3 to 4 inches in one day, according to where it was measured. We are luck to have a dry basement. Dark clouds every day. That old Great Lake weather engine might be causing some lake effect weather on us. It was 62 degrees here the other day, cloudy and I was wearing a sweater. No sun dresses here!

When will summer get here?! We were ready to turn the furnace on the other morning. I want to wear summer clothes!

I don't know if just the one cruise this winter is going to do it !! I'm already getting depressed ... might have to budget for a second one hahaha [emoji16]

Or one very long one that goes from Thanksgiving to May.

When will summer get here?! We were ready to turn the furnace on the other morning. I want to wear summer clothes!

Oh I so totally agree. Come February of this past year I told my husband I was not going to be able to stand another Minnesota winter...so he landed a new job in The Woodlands, Texas, we sold our hobby farm, and in three weeks we are headed to warmer weather. Maybe then I will finally have time to post the pictures of my daughter and me from our January cruise.

Oh I so totally agree. Come February of this past year I told my husband I was not going to be able to stand another Minnesota winter...so he landed a new job in The Woodlands, Texas, we sold our hobby farm, and in three weeks we are headed to warmer weather. Maybe then I will finally have time to post the pictures of my daughter and me from our January cruise.

What a terrific husband! Sadly, we don't have warm options here in our country.

Where are you burm? I've noticed quite a few seem to be from the UK? my husband's from England, Essex originally.. The snow here in Michigan is still a bit of a shock to him some days!!! Lol

London, Ontario - snow belt! (Those wimps in Toronto get hardly any snow at all compared to us)

It seems to be the time of year for the Caribbean cruise clothes to be on sale. I see the summer stuff being mark down all ready. Has any one found any great buys? CCF's are all ways looking for bargains!

Edited by geocruiser

London, Ontario - snow belt! (Those wimps in Toronto get hardly any snow at all compared to us)

--------------------------

Hey Burm

me too :-) live in London but dream of warm Caribbean cruises :-)

Have a great long weekend :-)

Cathie :):):)

--------------------------

Hey Burm

me too :-) live in London but dream of warm Caribbean cruises :-)

Have a great long weekend :-)

Cathie :):):)

You too. We are getting together tomorrow in Toronto with CC friends. :)

Do our American friends have a long weekend as well?