Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Got an email from Dillards and they are having an additional 30-40% off all clearance until the 23rd.

Guess I am headed to Dillards today to see what I can't live without for my upcoming cruises.

Happy shopping everyone,

Gerry

I'm 86 days out and can not wait to start packing. I will try everything on, including shoes and jewelry to make sure I'm satisfied with my choices. Normally I take way too many outfits, but for this cruise I am going to attempt to take only a carryon and small bag. Which means I need to plan all my outfits around the limited shoes I'll take :)

Wow!! Dillards is having an extra 40% off the mens clearance and 30% off the ladies!

Well, let's just say that DH is set with Cubavera shirts and shorts and t-shirts for the Nov. and Dec. cruises.

He won't need to pack anything else except underwear and socks!

My poor credit card is screaming HELP ME!!! :eek: :D

I think I might have gone a little crazy but I couldn't pass up Linen Cubavera shirts for 12.49 and linen shorts for 10.98 and nice t-shirts like he likes for 6.69.

I didn't do quite as good in the ladies but the 2 tops that I got and the 2 PJ set only came to 34.00 so I guess that wasn't too bad.

We are 77 days out from our weekend cruise and since we are taking our DGD's I have been shopping for them too and have all their clothes ready to pack in the suitcase. Ours are all set out and ready to go in the suitcase along with all of our toiletries and etc. Hopefully I can all 4 of our things in 1 big suitcase and then the girls will have a small roller bag that will be empty when we pick them up except for their undies and shoes.

I have most of our stuff set out for the 2 week cruise in Dec. along with all of the Christmas decorations. I am trying to keep all of that one at 2 larges suitcases and 2 roller bags and my handbag and DH's backpack. One of the roller bags will have his CPAP and other medical items he needs so I don't really count that piece at all.

Hope everyone is having a great day,

Gerry

I also took advantage of the Dillard's sale & bought two identical bathing suits, one electric blue & one black. They'll look really nice with my maxi skirts. Original cost of $179 each & total for both was $21.80. I'm jazzed! DH made me count his Cubavera shirts before I went so I wouldn't get him more (but I did buy him two pair of golf slacks (he likes the zippers that are inside the pocket, just a bit more security for all the $$ that I saved, lol)

Also hit the Chicos outlet & managed 5 complete outfits (capris, tops & one jacket) for $100. If I can figure out how to post a picture I will. It was a GOOD day! March can't come soon enough...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by awhfy

I also took advantage of the Dillard's sale & bought two identical bathing suits, one electric blue & one black. They'll look really nice with my maxi skirts. Original cost of $179 each & total for both was $21.80. I'm jazzed! DH made me count his Cubavera shirts before I went so I wouldn't get him more (but I did buy him two pair of golf slacks (he likes the zippers that are inside the pocket, just a bit more security for all the $$ that I saved, lol)

Also hit the Chicos outlet & managed 5 complete outfits (capris, tops & one jacket) for $100. If I can figure out how to post a picture I will. It was a GOOD day! March can't come soon enough...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread may help on how to post a picture.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1714741

Have a wonderful trip Sunnydaygirl, may magic, sunshine & blessings shower you every day!!! Can't wait for piccies!!!! [emoji1] [emoji151] [emoji168] [emoji188]

The weather is threatening! Tropical depression is at 50% Hurricane. My trip could radically change about Wed. But no worries here. Captain will keep us safe.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

The weather is threatening! Tropical depression is at 50% Hurricane. My trip could radically change about Wed. But no worries here. Captain will keep us safe.

Have a great trip. And the Captain will keep all safe.

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm all packed, in Indy. Spent the evening with Granddaughter. Went to a jcPenney to walk around with her and, yep, found a new Liz C shirt. I guess I'll find room in my already jammed bags. Night!

Wow! Almost time to change the calendar. What happened to August???

Much of our time has been spent at the Lake House and just returned from Minneapolis. Sunday afternoon at Mall of America. DH & DS took grandkids for miniature golf while DDL & I shopped. Found a pullover sweater at Banana Republic - should be part of the Pittsburgh to FL flight. Will wear a summery top underneath and can remove the sweater...at least that's the plan for now.

At a fun shop in the MNPLS Airport - bought an orange handbag with a wrist strap (too big to call a wristlet) that will surely make the Next Cruise:cool:.

smariba: You're a prime example of a CCF: trying on COMPLETE outfits. Although you didn't say when TryOns begin, the fact that you are thinking about it is CCF worthy;).

TNGALOHA & awhfy: I'm so envious that you found great bargains at Dillard's! Mall of America was full of Back to School and Fall items - summer sales were no where!

So much fun to find clothes for DHs, too! If yours is like mine, he likes new things but isn't the slightest bit interested in shopping...:rolleyes:. I'm hoping to get mine to go, at least for new pants.

We have 93 days...don't know how long I can hold off The Process...thinking about sunnydaygirl on a cruise ship makes me want to get started!

I dragged DH to Kohls today as his cargo shorts were not going on another cruise with me 😉. This is a guy that despises shopping. Being that it's the end of the season there were some truly amazing buys & I had a 30% off coupon & $10 off of $25 coupon.

He grabbed 34 waist (it's been awhile since he bought something). I suggested he try on some Chaps & Columbia shorts in a 36 (as you know better brands run smaller...hee hee)

. Long story short, 20 minutes later he has new swimming trunks, two pair of running shorts & four pairs of new cargo shorts. Grand total of $64. We're at the cash register & he turned to the man behind us & said my wife just saved over $300, how did yours do? I almost died laughing. Maybe I have a shopping convert, nah...

I dragged DH to Kohls today as his cargo shorts were not going on another cruise with me . This is a guy that despises shopping. Being that it's the end of the season there were some truly amazing buys & I had a 30% off coupon & $10 off of $25 coupon.

He grabbed 34 waist (it's been awhile since he bought something). I suggested he try on some Chaps & Columbia shorts in a 36 (as you know better brands run smaller...hee hee)

. Long story short, 20 minutes later he has new swimming trunks, two pair of running shorts & four pairs of new cargo shorts. Grand total of $64. We're at the cash register & he turned to the man behind us & said my wife just saved over $300, how did yours do? I almost died laughing. Maybe I have a shopping convert, nah...

What a great story. I think you have a shopping convert! I just love big sales like you got.

I dragged DH to Kohls today as his cargo shorts were not going on another cruise with me . This is a guy that despises shopping. Being that it's the end of the season there were some truly amazing buys & I had a 30% off coupon & $10 off of $25 coupon.

Great story:D

I dragged DH to Kohls today as his cargo shorts were not going on another cruise with me [emoji6]. This is a guy that despises shopping. Being that it's the end of the season there were some truly amazing buys & I had a 30% off coupon & $10 off of $25 coupon.

I am actually going to show my husband this!!

Well done on your great savings, I've been looking at Kohl's online and they have some super deals.

Love the DH story! How about a new thread: Caribbean Cruising Husbandistas;):rolleyes:! Getting them to the store might be the hardest part. Once there, they seem to be more willing to look...and maybe even try on!

I'm thinking about taking all the new Cruise Worthy items purchased this summer and displaying them in the Cruise Room - just to be sure they get noticed (and to reminisce about fun shopping...)

September is still a busy month at the Lake House, but if there are a couple back-to-back days...The Process could slowly get startedicon14.gif.

Here's my latest Goodwill bargain adventure: Tommy Bahama knit top (pink w/ pineapple design)

Tommy Hilfiger navy V-neck knit top

Gloria Vanderbilt blouse

LL Bean long sleeve top

A black long sleeved Henley

Black & White beaded Pullover

Gold winter Pullover

Yellow 3/4 sleeve knit top with boat theme embroidery

AND light gray and white Capris

....all for $18.00!:):cool:

There was a 50% off sale! I couldn't believe that the prices were THAT good!

All of this leads me to think more about laying out all the summer buys in the Cruise Room.:cool: September's calendar is mostly full - but the Itch to start The Process is getting stronger...

Here's my latest Goodwill bargain adventure: Tommy Bahama knit top (pink w/ pineapple design)

Gloria Vanderbilt blouse

LL Bean long sleeve top

Gold winter Pullover

All of this leads me to think more about laying out all the summer buys in the Cruise Room.:cool: September's calendar is mostly full - but the Itch to start The Process is getting stronger...

**WOW**

I'm never that lucky! Congrats on all the great finds!!

Gloria Vanderbilt blouse

LL Bean long sleeve top

Gold winter Pullover

WOW! You did another great shopping trip. What great prices too!

Well, I am no Seabourn expert (yet :p) but I was pleasantly surprised at the caliber of dress onboard both voyages. Almost all women and men dressed according to the stated dress code each night and really stepped it up on formal nights. Now, the majority of men (especially in the Carribean) wore dark suits as opposed to tuxedos, but I saw those as well. I didn't see a white dinner jacket, per say, but I think it would be VERY appropriate and downright sexy (very James Bond). In other words, I don't think you can overdress on a Seabourn cruise. It's an upmarket experience, but with very down to earth passengers. Have fun with your fashion and enjoy!

Celebrity cruisers here with a white dinner jacket story. There were several couples traveling together all gentlemen were wearing tuxedos. Commenting over dinner that a white jacket might be nice on the second formal night if only they had one. Then it became whose white jacket would be cooler and who would look the "hottest" in their white dinner jacket. As I am sure that you can tell that these husbands were like 12 year olds. So the following year the contest was on. The boys brought their tuxes and the white dinner jackets. We recruited about 30 shipmates to be judges. And by secret ballot it was determined who wore it the best. My DH won by 3 votes. Lots of fun and I must say he looked fantastic!! That jacket will on the next cruise for sure.