Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

My older sister (by exactly 12 yrs) was taken to ER this am. A stranger called me on her phone. She's fine. Dehydrated and she's back home. But through a series of phone conversations with her daughter I discovered that she borrowed my camera to video tape her granddaughter that they are fund raising for a therapy dog. She even knew I was looking for it. We had some laughs over it!! All is right in my world. Now cruise docs, packing list, plaster dust, out of town visitors,anniversary,again Babysitting,a weekend visit to sons new apartment in Columbus Ohio,all before cruise on Sept 5. Good thing I don't have a job. I'm tired!!! Thank you all bunches for worrying with me.

My daughter is visiting next weekend. We will tackle the dress strap issue!!

Wow do you have a full plate! I'm so glad everything turned out ok for your sister! Can't wait to see how the straps turn out on that pretty dress!

I was able to take the picture with me(don't know why I didn't take the dress!!) And I found material. I think I'm going to make a casing and then slightly gather it with clear elastic to give it the look of the stretchy bodice. I have a green bra I may just pin it to the straps and I found a beautiful scarf that matches perfectly. That will be a cooler option than the jacket. So excited.

I was able to take the picture with me(don't know why I didn't take the dress!!) And I found material. I think I'm going to make a casing and then slightly gather it with clear elastic to give it the look of the stretchy bodice. I have a green bra I may just pin it to the straps and I found a beautiful scarf that matches perfectly. That will be a cooler option than the jacket. So excited.

Sounds like a great idea! Can't wait to see the finish ensemble !! By the way Zulilly.com has Bellini shoes for sale today. Naot is there as well :D:D:D

Edited by H20mac3

H20mac3: Congratulations on the new Cruise Room! Make sure your CCF tiara is in a prominent spot;):cool:.

sunnydaygirl: Wow! Two needed items found!!!! What a relief.

I like your dress, but agree with others - straps would do the trick.

I know I haven't been on this loop for a long time, at least posting as I always like to sneak in and listen to all your wonderful ideas and conversations amidst my crazy schedule.

Anyways, the following just came through my email and I thought I would share. If you are not familiar with Jamberry nails they are a vinyl product that is adhered right to your nail and can be removed with just warmed oil...no toxins and no damaged nails! I don't sell them, but I do absolutely love them and am sharing my consultant's page here, but if any of you are consultants please chime in to let the other ladies here know how to order through you.:)

coastal-charm#.Vb-1GbXdsY0

https://ellenpool.jamberry.com/product/coastal-charm#.Vb-1GbXdsY0

Peggy

Family Vacation at the Lake House is over. "My" sunporch belonged to the 4 grandkids (and various children of niece and nephews). Shoes were lined up under the library table in the living room and a card table was set up in the dining room for the kids...and now all is back to The Two of Us.

We have never had better weather Every Single Day! It was an all-around perfect vacation with our immediate family of 10 and a total of 25.:)

So now I'm looking forward to The Next Cruise:cool:. With 117 days to go, it's MUCH too early to start The Process (even for a die-hard CCF! ;))...BUT the Cruise Room is a magnet pulling me in...so I will (once again) reorganize and go through every item within the next couple of weeks.

Many of us have talked about buying in consignment shops and resale stores, so I'm curious:

QUESTION: Do you shop in consignment shops and/or resale stores? If so, What percentage of your Cruise Clothes come from one of them?

My Answer: At least 50% of my clothes come from those kind of shops. Shoes and jewelry - no.

Sounds like a great time at the lakehouse indiana!

A: I do not shop at consignment or resale stores.

I like the thought of it (because I think you can score some really nice clothes for pretty darn cheap), but not the reality. I tried a few times, but I think these kinds of stores are hit or miss and they require pretty regular trips to find the hits...at least where I live. At least my experience when I tried a few was that it was all misses for me.

Also, I will be brutally frank, I am just plain lazy. I do almost all of my clothes shopping via the internet in the comfort of my own home. I really have come to detest clothes shopping in stores in general...especially when the weather turns cold. I hate having to deal with the coat and all the layers...on, off, on, off. Just makes me crabby.

Family Vacation at the Lake House is over. "My" sunporch belonged to the 4 grandkids (and various children of niece and nephews). Shoes were lined up under the library table in the living room and a card table was set up in the dining room for the kids...and now all is back to The Two of Us.

We have never had better weather Every Single Day! It was an all-around perfect vacation with our immediate family of 10 and a total of 25.:)

So now I'm looking forward to The Next Cruise:cool:. With 117 days to go, it's MUCH too early to start The Process (even for a die-hard CCF! ;))...BUT the Cruise Room is a magnet pulling me in...so I will (once again) reorganize and go through every item within the next couple of weeks.

Many of us have talked about buying in consignment shops and resale stores, so I'm curious:

QUESTION: Do you shop in consignment shops and/or resale stores? If so, What percentage of your Cruise Clothes come from one of them?

My Answer: At least 50% of my clothes come from those kind of shops. Shoes and jewelry - no.

Sounds like my favorite thing! Family Fun.

A while back we talked about press and seal and jewelry. I have this long necklace that always comes apart opposite clasp no matter how I pack it. Hoping this helps!!ImageUploadedByForums1438709805.441685.jpg.d3b5252d902a82c3b2be2c28b5ed810e.jpg

Happy to hear that a fun time was had by all your family.

I do not shop in consignment shops and/or resale stores. I have just never had luck finding nice thing

sunnydaygirl: Thank you for the reminder RE Press & Seal for jewelry! I'm going to try your method...using a straw has also worked for me.

BTW: Does anyone else see a trend to smaller, daintier necklaces rather than the big statement pieces??? ...all of a sudden the few "statement" necklaces I have...just look too big....

I'm surprised to read that so far, CCFs don't have much luck at consignment shops. :confused: Just this morning, on the national news, there was a story about how popular resale shops are and the amount of $$$ they take in.

There aren't many retail clothing stores in my area (at home and at the Lake House). Shopping online hasn't worked very well - either the size is wrong or the item doesn't look like I expected.

So for me, the one consignment shop and the Goodwill Store have been good. (and besides, I have $80+ in credit:))

indiana71: I too cannot shop at a consignment shop. I'm fairly tall & carry most of my height through my back. I can't wear any dress that has a waist sewn in - it stops at my ribcage. So I do mainly online shopping and once in a great while venture out into the shopping arena. Finding a discount on something cute is always a plus! :D Your Lake House time sounds wonderful! DH just turned 60 and everyone came home for the party. For three fun filled days we had kids, grandkids, dogs and family. Life is good!:)

My cruise room remodel has slowly begun but I'm very excited. I have a good friend who works for the Container Store and she will help me with the closet organization. I will make sure my CCF Tiara is prominently displayed!

sunnydaygirl: Press & Seal! What a great idea! I'm stealing that one! Will it re-seal for the trip home?

I sure hope so. I have a new multi strand necklace with small to larger discs. It will not fit in straws. And it tangled really bad the one time I packed it. Hoping this works. And I'm pretty sure you can reuse. Just lay it somewhere safe while you wear it. Would hate for Steward to throw away.

I've always been a big fan of consignment stores. And now that I work in one, even more so! I see so many items come in still with the tags on. I find a lot of casual clothing but haven't has as much luck in the cocktail/evening wear. Although I did find a beautiful, black, lace skirt that I will wear this fall to an event. Happy Shopping!:)

On the Second Saturday of each month, the little town near the Lake House has a street fair and vendors, along with the usual farmer's market...and I can't stop myself from buying at least a pair of earrings:rolleyes:. Today I purchased 4 pairs...and spent less tan $30.

The tropical colors are irresistible.

And yes, I filled a shopping bag with farm-fresh produce!

My Next Project: Having photos on my phone of Cruise Clothes that are multi-colored. That would help alot when trying to choose accessories:).

One More Thing: I have decided that bright colored nail polish is no longer a good thing for me. I caught a glimpse on my hands in a mirror - with coral polish and it just isn't working. Even though tropical pinks and corals had been my favorites, earth tones look better on my short nails and middle-aged hands:rolfeyes:!

What about you??? What's your go-to nail polish color?

Edited by indiana71

Looks like, so far CCFs are liking darker nail polish colors.

I like a pink/coral, too...toenails can be darker but fingernails a little lighter:cool::) So many color choices, it's overwhelming...and in the bottle isn't always what the nails look like.

I love nail polish. But I can't not wear it. It is real crazy. When I put nail polish on my nails, it feels like the nail was hit with a hammer. The pain last very long even when I take it off. Dr. said no polish for me. I wish I could wear it but the pain is too much.

geocruiser: Oh my! I have never heard of having pain when wearing nail polish. Is it an allergy??

For me, the issue is that several of my nails just begin to get above the top of a finger...then they split. Polish chips and if I'm wearing a dark color, it's even more noticeable.

For the Next Cruise, I will probably go with a salon gel manicure. It stays nice...but not something I want to do all the time.