Not sure which rate to choose

Razberryt

We are looking to book our 2nd cruise with Carnival. The first time we went through a YTB agent with an early saver rate and got two price reductions, so I know the value of booking ES.

The problem is, this time around I am seeing this 72 hour sale rate, and it's fairly close to the same as ES, with the only difference being that if I book the 72 hour sale I can upgrade to the Upper deck for free (oceanview, free midship) for $1172.00, or I can book Main deck (oceanview, with fee to get midship) for $1072.00 (including the midship upgrade fee). It's not just the $100.00 difference, but it's that Upper Deck isn't even an option on Early Saver. I guess they are reserving those rooms for the 72 hour sale.

Here are my questions:

1.) Is it even worth being one deck higher?

2.) Will I still be eligible for price drops if I book at the 72-hour sale rate? The way I understand it is that I can up until final payment.

3.) On Early Saver the deposit is $200.00 per person (we're a family of 4), what is the deposit on the 72-hour Sale rate?

4.) When are Past Guest rates usually offered, are they usually a lot lower, and are they usually past the payoff time in which I would not be able to get a price drop when booking the 72-hour sale rate?

Thanks in advance!

You want to be careful being on the upper deck of some of the ships.

What ship are you looking at?

there are quite a few noise problems from the deck below

Here are my questions:

1.) Is it even worth being one deck higher? the cabins are the same- just puts you closer to the food/pools. Empress level is the best with being 2 decks to food/ 2 decks to entertainment

2.) Will I still be eligible for price drops if I book at the 72-hour sale rate? The way I understand it is that I can up until final payment. youare eleible for price drops up til final payment. Looks like if they drop the price it is closer to sailing date. With that being said-- only 2 cruises out of 15 ever came down. If its during a high peak sailing time- rare will prices come down

3.) On Early Saver the deposit is $200.00 per person (we're a family of 4), what is the deposit on the 72-hour Sale rate?

it will be the same pp no matter how many. what you can do is deposit 2 people-- make monthly payments- once you get to 600 add a person- and again at 800. add the next. You also want to consider what the cost will be for two cabins- it probably is not that much of a difference in price

Thanks in advance!

Okay, thanks for the advice. I think I'd be best to go with Early Saver as well.

Won't help to do 2 rooms as our kids are young (10 and 4 at time of sailing).

I had no idea I could just add people once I was booked. Can I book the quad room if I start off by telling them I'm only travelling with 2 people at first?

Archived