Hilton, London - Paddington?

Len3

I'm looking for a central hotel in London for 2 nights pre-cruise and 2 nights post-cruise. We're cruising from Dover. Any thoughts on this Hilton or other suggestions? I'm not looking to spend much more than $200 per night.

I'm looking for a central hotel in London for 2 nights pre-cruise and 2 nights post-cruise. We're cruising from Dover. Any thoughts on this Hilton or other suggestions? I'm not looking to spend much more than $200 per night.

You'd be getting a very good deal if you got the Hilton Paddington for $200 including the 20% sales tax.

Really depends what you're looking for and how you plan on getting to Dover. I cannot think why that particular hotel or Paddington itself would stick out for someone cruising from Dover, are you flying into Heathrow and like the idea of walking off the Heathrow Express train straight into the hotel?

Is it a full service hotel like a Hilton with room service, health suites and all the frills you need that you want or just somewhere confortable to sleep at night.

If you are travelling to Dover by train it would make sense to get a nice hotel around Tower/London Bridge at the weekend or Victoria during the week for best value close to rail station to Dover.

You'd be getting a very good deal if you got the Hilton Paddington for $200 including the 20% sales tax.

Really depends what you're looking for and how you plan on getting to Dover. I cannot think why that particular hotel or Paddington itself would stick out for someone cruising from Dover, are you flying into Heathrow and like the idea of walking off the Heathrow Express train straight into the hotel?

Is it a full service hotel like a Hilton with room service, health suites and all the frills you need that you want or just somewhere confortable to sleep at night.

If you are travelling to Dover by train it would make sense to get a nice hotel around Tower/London Bridge at the weekend or Victoria during the week for best value close to rail station to Dover.

Taxi Paddington -> St Pancras (about 2 miles)

Train St Pancras -> Dover

Let's not forget the magic of the HS1 route

Any thoughts on this Hilton or other suggestions?
If you're planning to go sightseeing, this is not really that good a location.
Let's not forget the magic of the HS1 route
But even staying at Kings Cross would probably be more convenient for "the sights" than staying at Paddington.

Why not try the Hilton Tower Bridge??> It is right by the tower of London, Tower Bridge and a nice walk along the Thames brings you to St Paul's Cathedral, the Globe theater, the London Eye and then Big Ben and Parliament.

A very nice hotel

Cheers

Len

Why not try the Hilton Tower Bridge??> It is right by the tower of London, Tower Bridge and a nice walk along the Thames brings you to St Paul's Cathedral, the Globe theater, the London Eye and then Big Ben and Parliament.

A very nice hotel

Cheers

Len

When the Hilton Tower Bridge first opened not so long agao it priced its rooms very keenly and offered outstanding value.

Recently they seem to have hiked their rates up a lot, I'm guessing encouraged by the positive reviews they now have good occupancy rates.

A good hotel, but the pricing band a lot of the time now means its up against a totally different peer set of hotels than it used to be.

Archived