Eurodam Inside Cabin Layouts

CruiseCacher

Help… I am totally baffled on how to choose an inside cabin. :confused:

The HAL website is no help because it shows the same layout for all of them.

- The online deck plan shows the same illustration for the “square” J and K cabins on the main deck.

- The “Play Tour” video shows the same “rectangular” layout for every cabin.

- All cabins are listed as “141-284 sq. ft.” (:eek: that’s some difference!)

There are “standard” and “large” cabins and there are both “long” and “wide” layouts in the rectangular category.

I want an inside cabin with a sitting area (not just a desk chair that is shown in the videos). However, I don’t need the size of the cabins on the main deck. Does the Eurodam have an inside cabin for me?

BTW, I have read the forum threads dealing with cabins and I have visited IRL Joanie's photo site, all without finding a definitive answer.

Have you checked out the sticky at the top of the page, about cabin photos? The only way to get a sitting area in an inside cabin is to book the J/K cabins on Main deck, or the I cabins on Verandah, Upper V., and Navigation decks. EM

Have you checked out the sticky at the top of the page, about cabin photos?

Yes, I followed links on that thread but still couldn't see a sitting area in a rectangular layout. But, by searching through many Google images, I found this one on a travel agency's web site.

5431973255_c54f37b099_m.jpg

The only way to get a sitting area in an inside cabin is to book the J/K cabins on Main deck, or the I cabins on Verandah, Upper V., and Navigation decks. EM

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of an "I" cabin. Is the preceding image what I can expect?

Thanks.

Yes, I followed links on that thread but still couldn't see a sitting area in a rectangular layout. But, by searching through many Google images, I found this one on a travel agency's web site.

5431973255_c54f37b099_m.jpg

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of an "I" cabin. Is the preceding image what I can expect?

Thanks.

I had not answered earlier as you said you had searched my site and could not find what you wanted.

I searched all of the Decks on Eurodam on my site and found some photos that I discovered about a year ago. The url for the Eurodam photos and descriptions is here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/index.html The 2nd photo appears to be rectangular, and they are all the same stateroom.

I 6069 Large Interior Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck

[

sm-6069_eurodam_113.jpg--sm-6069_eurodam_114.jpg

[

sm-6069_eurodam_112.jpg

Joanie

- The online deck plan shows the same illustration for the “square” J and K cabins on the main deck.

I want an inside cabin with a sitting area (not just a desk chair that is shown in the videos). However, I don’t need the size of the cabins on the main deck. Does the Eurodam have an inside cabin for me?

Is there a chance you might consider the square interiors on the main deck?

Our kids were in one of the square J cabins - 1068 - on the main deck. The corner sectional made for a very comfortable seating area. There was an oval coffee table in front of the sectional. There was also a desk with a chair. Even though it is larger, I think you might appreciate having the extra seating area and the location was very convenient being right down the hall from the front desk and the middle elevators. Also the bathroom vanity is larger because there is a shower only.

Diane

Is there a chance you might consider the square interiors on the main deck?

Our kids were in one of the square J cabins - 1068 - on the main deck. The corner sectional made for a very comfortable seating area. There was an oval coffee table in front of the sectional. There was also a desk with a chair. Even though it is larger, I think you might appreciate having the extra seating area and the location was very convenient being right down the hall from the front desk and the middle elevators. Also the bathroom vanity is larger because there is a shower only.

Diane

Here are photos of J 1048 (just a few cabins down from the one Diane is describing/suggesting.) I would agree with her on this being a better choice as it does look much larger than an I.

J 1048 Large Interior Stateroom Deck 1 - Main Deck

[

J-1048_janmcn-1.jpg--J-1048_janmcn-2.jpg

[

J-1048_janmcn-3.jpg

[

Joanie

I had not answered earlier as you said you had searched my site and could not find what you wanted...

Thanks for making the effort of finding the photos and my apology for missing them.

Now, I'm even more curious where the TA's floorplan came from or whether it was posted in error.

Sure would be nice if HAL would simply post the correct floorplan and video for each unique layout. Hey, there can't be that many! And, I can't imagine the dismay of passengers who thought they were getting the large J/K layout that is displayed for every inside cabin. :(

Hey, I checked your website and noticed that there is another photo posted for I6065. But, in it, the couch appears to be right at the end of the bed! Can't imagine that it's supposed to be there, though.. :confused:

Oh, I'm getting a headache thinking of all the possibilities. Think I'll just book the Penthouse instead. :D

Thanks again for your effort.

I searched all of the Decks on Eurodam on my site and found some photos that I discovered about a year ago. The url for the Eurodam photos and descriptions is here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/index.html The 2nd photo appears to be rectangular, and they are all the same stateroom.

I peeked inside one of these staterooms on the Westerdam where we had SY6068. The I category room similar to the picture you found was across the hall from ours. The room was being cleaned so the door was open. I would venture a guess that these I category rooms are smaller than the J rooms on the main deck but larger than most and maybe an option.

OP - I love geocaching also! :)

Diane

Here are photos of J 1048 (just a few cabins down from the one Diane is describing/suggesting.) I would agree with her on this being a better choice as it does look much larger than an I.

J 1048 Large Interior Stateroom Deck 1 - Main Deck

Joanie,

Yes, that is laid out exactly as I remember 1068 was. For some reason I never took pictures. Maybe because it was never clean enough being occupied by an 11 yo, 17 yo and 19 yo!:eek:

Diane

Is there a chance you might consider the square interiors on the main deck?...

Yes... did give them serious consideration, but those cabins may actually be too big for a single (and, perhaps, HAL wouldn't even book a single into them). I'm actually doing this investigation on behalf of someone else and we wanted her to be nearby us on a deck with balcony cabins.

Indeed, I read a lot of good reports about those cabins on the main deck.

Thanks for your comments.

Not related to your question but if you find caches in your Canada/NE cruise come back and post please.:)We may be going on this cruise in a year or two and would love to log some finds of our own. We haven't tried finding caches while cruising yet. ;) thanks

Diane

Yes... did give them serious consideration, but those cabins may actually be too big for a single (and, perhaps, HAL wouldn't even book a single into them). I'm actually doing this investigation on behalf of someone else and we wanted her to be nearby us on a deck with balcony cabins.

Indeed, I read a lot of good reports about those cabins on the main deck.

Thanks for your comments.

We were in two rooms on the Eurodam but we chose not to try and stay nearby. Our kids were on the main deck and we had 4048- a balcony on deck 4. We carried post it notes with us and left notes for each other on the door so we could meet up.

Diane

... if you find caches in your Canada/NE cruise come back and post please.

Oh, we will definitely be logging caches... Hey, that's the point of visiting different ports in different provinces and states. So, we plan to get at least 6 caches (Quebec, PEI, Nova Scotia, Maine, Mass, Rhode Island). Already picked one up near the cruise terminal in Fort Lauderdale on our last cruise, so we have Florida on our map! In Halifax, we hope to find the oldest cache in Canada. It's about 45 minutes from the port.

BTW, to answer my own earlier question (of sorts), I went online to HAL reservations and it allowed me to book a J cabin as a single and the extra charge didn't seem to be any different than for the other cabins. So, maybe it could be an option. However, if those cabins tend to be booked by families, do they tend to be noisier? Remember, we are on an October 12-day repositiong cruise, so families may not be an issue and there are still plenty of these cabins available.

Thanks for making the effort of finding the photos and my apology for missing them.

Now, I'm even more curious where the TA's floorplan came from or whether it was posted in error.

Sure would be nice if HAL would simply post the correct floorplan and video for each unique layout. Hey, there can't be that many! And, I can't imagine the dismay of passengers who thought they were getting the large J/K layout that is displayed for every inside cabin. :(

Hey, I checked your website and noticed that there is another photo posted for I6065. But, in it, the couch appears to be right at the end of the bed! Can't imagine that it's supposed to be there, though.. :confused:

Oh, I'm getting a headache thinking of all the possibilities. Think I'll just book the Penthouse instead. :D

Thanks again for your effort.

LOL, No headaches allowed:)

I'd go with a J category on the Main Deck as Diane suggested. It is larger than the I category anywhere on the ship, in my opinion.

Hey even I miss things... Did not realize until almiost an hour ago that today is hubby's 66th Birthday:eek: I never forget these type of things:o

Seriously though, I think you'd be happier with the larger layout of a J over the smaller I.

Joanie

Our kids said the rooms were quiet and dark - good for sleeping. It was hard to wake them up for excursions. :eek: The only noise was in the hallway when it was a tender port (if my recollection is correct) because the hallway was a walkway to get the tender tickets. Also, being close to the front desk our kids found it convenient when borrowing movies. :) I would suggest to choose a room that only is listed as sleeping 3. That way you don't have the bunk bed overhead. I have heard that it can rattle if not being used. Of course in our case with 3 kids the bunk bed was used so that the couch didn't need to be made into a bed. I don't think HAL restricts what cabins can be booked as a single. That is why they charge the extra supplement. I believe RuthC travels solo and she is the one who recommended the main deck cabins to us. Thanks for the ideas on the caches. I should see what caches I can find in Bermuda. :)

Diane

Yes... did give them serious consideration, but those cabins may actually be too big for a single (and, perhaps, HAL wouldn't even book a single into them).

Yes, HAL will sell these larger inside cabins on Main Deck as singles. This much I know for a fact having booked one for myself travelling solo before eventually taking an obstructed view cabin for less.

... I would suggest to choose a room that only is listed as sleeping 3. That way you don't have the bunk bed overhead...

Unfortunately, most Js are quads. Only two that are not (and they're adjoining). The Ks on the aft are not quads but there's only one of those available. BTW, where is the bunk bed? Over the beds or over the couch?

I should see what caches I can find in Bermuda.

Although we like to find caches on our cruise, we don't let it dominate our shore activities. Typically, we opt for easier caches such as a virtual (to be certain that it's there) or an earthcache (again, because they're always there and they are informative of the region).

The diagram your TA found is for an OV cabin: Notice the 'cutout' for the window at the head of the beds, and the tub...No tubs in inside cabins. Those K rooms on Main are lovely. I had K1116 on Westerdam for two weeks, as a single. I booked an M gty and that is what I was assigned. If you go to Joanies site, and look under Westerdam, you will see my pictures. EM

On the deck plan, J1048 is listed as a quad. But, in the photos posted earlier in #6, I don't see anything in the photos to indicate a bunk bed. :confused:

Where is it? Perhaps it's hidden (like a geocache)!:D

If you look above the bed in the third picture posted, you can see the bottom of the bunk that comes down from the ceiling. Not sure if maybe the couch pulls out into a single. EM

- All cabins are listed as “141-284 sq. ft.” (:eek: that’s some difference!)

There are “standard” and “large” cabins and there are both “long” and “wide” layouts in the rectangular category.

BTW, I have read the forum threads dealing with cabins and I have visited IRL Joanie's photo site, all without finding a definitive answer.

Biggest rooms (interior) will be category J or K on Main Deck

I travel solo. I booked obstructed view cabins for years. Then decided to book "I" inside cabins. They are larger than obstructed view cabins, have a sitting area, dressing area. I never noticed bunks; always had queen size bed! I like the convenience of the Veranda deck. The mid ship I 8056 cabin on the Eurodam is a great location. I on the Zuiderdam is next door to the Neptune Lounge; same on another ship whose name I cannot remember.

There seems to be less noise on the Veranda Deck!

I book an inside cabin so that I am forced to leave my cabin to mix and mingle. A veranda cabin keeps me in my cabin!

annde

On the deck plan, J1048 is listed as a quad. But, in the photos posted earlier in #6, I don't see anything in the photos to indicate a bunk bed. :confused:

Where is it? Perhaps it's hidden (like a geocache)!:D

Yes, over the bed and as my sons found out, it can be a painful way to wake up in the morning if you sit up quickly.:eek:The cabin steward would set it up if it was needed.

Yes, our photos of J1048 on the Eurodam are the ones Joanie's posted. It IS a quad cabin...the loveseat folds out into a bed and there's a drop down bunk over the queen bed. We loved this cabin...the size, location, and layout. Our friends in a Verandah couldn't believe how nice it was...and better configuration than theirs. It was quiet. If you look at deck plans it's very easy to figure out which cabin size is which. We chose this specific cabin and would choose it again.

Yes, our photos of J1048 on the Eurodam are the ones Joanie's posted. It IS a quad cabin...the loveseat folds out into a bed and there's a drop down bunk over the queen bed. We loved this cabin...the size, location, and layout. Our friends in a Verandah couldn't believe how nice it was...and better configuration than theirs. It was quiet. If you look at deck plans it's very easy to figure out which cabin size is which. We chose this specific cabin and would choose it again.

My kids would agree. They didn't like our verandah room saying it was too small and narrow and their bathroom was more spacious as well (important with a preteen and two teens!). They couldn't believe we paid more for a smaller room!

CruiseCacher: I don't know if you should or should not avoid the quads. I had read on cc that there can be some noise from the overhead bunk bed. I just wanted to mention it in case that is a possibility. I also think the I cabins would be the best choice if you want to be across from each other. I believe only the I on the upper decks are larger. Even though J cabins are listed as large or standard only the J on the main deck are large. Again stick with I cabins on the upper decks. Some of the other interiors are quite small Tiny from what I hear. Since I have a GTY that is probably what I will end up in!

Diane

Diane

Archived