Wifi on Veendam?

JBone422

Hello! Does anyone know what the Wifi situation is on the Veendam? Is it available? Is there a charge?

It's $3.95 to start an account, then $0.75/min, or $55 for 100 min, or $100 for 250 min. Hotspots in all public areas, and most cabins will get a useable signal.

Wherever you are, check the ceiling for a white (sort of) cone shaped signal repeater. Signal will be stronger the closer you are to them, whether it's a public room in the hallway outside your cabin. In the cabin, it also helps to leave the cabin door open for the signal to get through a little better. Depending upon the itinerary, sometimes the later hours of the evening til early morning, there's less internet traffic.

Wherever you are, check the ceiling for a white (sort of) cone shaped signal repeater.
They're antennas. On most ships they're placed about 10 to 12 cabins apart, so if you're 6 cabins away you'll likely need to open your door a little.

attachment.php?attachmentid=106854&d=1235329145

Your post about the cone antennas -- and the picture link that shows one -- is a prime example of why the CC is such an invaluable resource for cruises of all kinds of experience levels. You gave us an interesting piece of usable information.

jtl513, it never dawned on me to actually take a picture of one. Duh!
The subject has come up many, many times before, so I took a picture. Like several other people on CC, I've got a collection pictures that a casual observer would wonder why in the world I was taking it/them! :D

Archived