Back from the Island

Denisern2

Was so hard to get off that beautiful ship and fly home! Almost perfect cruise, crew, food, ports. I loved this ship:)

Anytime dining was a mess!!!!!! I am a huge princess fan and I allow for things to no be perfect. But having to wait 10-15 min just to get a pager. Then having to wait another 10-20 every single night is just a big bummer. The hostess and the head waiters and big guy from Portugal that looks like he can't even get dressed alone are so scattered. Sometimes they would walk us to a table and there would still be people there this happened twice.

The only glitch to a perfect trip but really Princess fix it, I may opt for traditional next time in June just to not have the hassle.

Again Do not flame me for this comment but I really wanted to give a heads up to future Island cruisers....Change to traditional.

Glad you had a good cruise other then the anytime.If I may ask how you liked the Westin?We are staying there in a week an a half,can you tell me how much it was for a taxi from the airport,an then to the cruise ship...that would really help me out to know . thanks in advance

Was so hard to get off that beautiful ship and fly home! Almost perfect cruise, crew, food, ports. I loved this ship:)

Anytime dining was a mess!!!!!! I am a huge princess fan and I allow for things to no be perfect. But having to wait 10-15 min just to get a pager. Then having to wait another 10-20 every single night is just a big bummer. The hostess and the head waiters and big guy from Portugal that looks like he can't even get dressed alone are so scattered. Sometimes they would walk us to a table and there would still be people there this happened twice.

The only glitch to a perfect trip but really Princess fix it, I may opt for traditional next time in June just to not have the hassle.

Again Do not flame me for this comment but I really wanted to give a heads up to future Island cruisers....Change to traditional.

Is/was Richard Joseph the cruise director?

I try not to minimize other posters concerns, but honestly, waiting a total of 20-35 mins each night for dinner is not really that out of line for a restaurant experience, in trade for the flexibility of time. You also didn't note if you were going at peak times, asking for a specific type of table (for example table for 2), etc. Note, that I don't mean this as a flame, I just want to make sure reasonable expectations are set for other readers.

As a rule of thumb, I expect AD to be like Saturday Night at the local Outback. If you show up around 5:30 to 6:00 and don't have a reservation, you'll get a pager and sit by the door for 20-30...

It has to be noted that the intent of Anytime Dining was never that you could walk up at any time and be automatically seated, thats not logistically possible.

Now, as far as the coordination of seating, there is no excuse for bringing guests to an occupied table and that is definitely something they need to work on.

I's just putting the finishing touches on my review of the 1/29 Island Princess cruise and will post it shortly.

DH (GoBlueCruiser) and I liked anytime dining when we first sailed with Princess but have opted for traditional on our last three cruises. Excessive waits, unpredictable table availability, inattentive and harried service in anytime venues didn't offer a pleasant dining experience. Late traditional seating guarantees our preferred table for two, attentive service, and a leisurely, relaxed environment.

Bon Appetit!

Chris

We were on the Island in December and had traditional dining. When I read people's complaints about anytime dining, it makes me glad that we prefer traditional. We had the best waitress ever on the Island. She was one of the ones in charge of the dining room at breakfast and lunch. We never had a long wait for those meals.

Your right 35 min with no reservation at Outback is ok. 30 min X 10 nights is 300 wasted minnutes of vacation. I have done AT many times and it really seems with each cruise it is declining. My opinion, as I said great crew, amazing ship. I still love Princess and will always take a Princess ship if it fits where I need to go. This newly Elite Princess member will go back to traditional dining. Will tell you what I think when I return from Norway on the Crown in July.

11 dollars per person from the airport. 12 dollars per person to the cruise port. Loved the Westin got it for a steal on Hot wire, would stay there again in a min. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for the reply,I also got a steal on Hot wire,4x$11.=$44. an then 4x12=$48....wow $92. for taxis...maybe I should rent a car...lol

It can vary based on how many choose AD and if the Maitre'D allows TD people who don't want their sitting to sit in AD which drastically increases the load factors..

I wonder what makes Anytime dining on different weeks so much different. We were on the 1/19 sailing and never once waited for a table. We were seated immediately every night. We usually dined anywhere between 5:30 and 7:30

Archived