Hand held steamers.

Stardancer68

I know we are not allowed to bring

irons on the cruise but will they allow

you to bring a hand held steamer. I

am obsessive/compulsive about wrinkled

clothing even on vacation.

I used to bring one, but now I just run the shower (hot) for a few minutes, turn it off, and hang the clothes in there. The wrinkles come right out.

I have taken one on the last 5 or 6 cruises without a problem. As mentioned however there are laundry rooms on Princess ships with lots of ironing boards so on our recent cruise the steamer was not used.

On Princess cruises I'll be able to eliminate a pound or so from my luggage weight. If I sail on another cruise line without laundry rooms like RCI or Celebrity I'll probably bring it.

We take our steamer on every cruise. We've never had a problem. It is so much easier than going down to a laundry room. That's just not something I want to do on vacation. But, I also don't want to get dressed up and go to dinner covered in wrinkles, especially on formal night. I've always left it out in the cabin in plain sight, but if you're worried about it, just put it away before leaving your stateroom. However, it's certainly not a prohibited item.

Yes, Princess allows steamers with the same caviat as coffeepots . . . it must have an auto off feature due to fire danger. Saftey before wrinkles :D

I'm not a wrinkle "fanatic", but I agree, the steam from a bathroom does not equal a neat press. The second option of the Princess self-serve laundry iron works well, but watch out for the same type "chair hogs" as at the pool; I've been run out of the laundry room by ladies who thought they owned the laundry room. :eek: Geez, I just enquired if the iron was free - yikes!

I prefer to use the laundry irons. The shower does not give a pressed look, although it does make the wrinkles less noticeable. If you're particular about a pressed look, use the laundry irons. You can usually do a better job than paying for the laundry or "dry cleaning" service onboard.

I wish! I cannot begin to compete with the laundry's ironing of my husband's tuxedo shirts. I launder then at home and pack them un-ironed. As soon as we're onboard, I send them out to be ironed only. Can't beat the reduced price, I don't have to do it, and the shirt is absolutely impeccable. Kudos to Princess' laundry service.

Otherwise, I am on vacation - I don't do laundry. We pack enough to get us through until we get home. So far, 18 days is our limit. Won't do longer ones until we have free Elite privileges. . . come on #16 ! :D !

Archived