Pros vs.Cons ..Upgrading from CC Class to Celebrity Suite

number8

We just upgraded from Concierge Class to a Celebrity Suite on our Panama Canal Cruise in March on the Infinity............. Any information would be very helpful before we set sail in March.
If this will be your first Panama Canal cruise, it is very important to be aware that the best Panama Canal views are from the front and the back of the ship. If you only stay in a cabin on the side of the ship, you will miss out on the best of the Panama Canal experience.

As Happy Cruiser stated, get out and move around the ship during the canal transit to get the perspectives from different points of view. Be up at the front of the ship to watch the line up of ships waiting to enter the locks. Watch the gates opening and closing both directly in front of you at the front of the ship and directly behind you at the back of the ship. Sometimes you can see people walking across the canal in front of you or behind you.

Look down from the observation lounge at the front to see the people out on the helipad below you as the ship enters a lock. Also go out on the helipad to be right up at the very front of the ship as it enters or leaves a lock. Also turn around and look up to see the people above you looking down from the bridge and the upper decks.

Go down to the rail on deck 4 to see the mules up close at eye level. Make friends with someone in an outside cabin down on deck 2 and go down there to see the inner walls of the locks from down below.

Get out on the top deck to look up for a full closeup unobstructed view when passing under the bridges.

The view shown in the second picture of post #6 is pretty typical of what you will see for mile after mile traveling through the canal if you limit yourself only to seeing it from the windows of a Celebrity Suite. The sad thing is that some people stay in one place for the entire canal transit and don't even realize how much they missed.

:confused:You couldn't sleep in 9096 unless you had a toe tag!

We are not light sleepers. But, like others on this forum have said, never try to sleep under a pool deck bar.

It is a huge, beautiful, sterile, airless room. No balcony, no sleep.

It's a no brainer!

All of the Sky deck is under the pool deck and maybe for a few deck parties who's getting a hamburger or a drink from the pool bar at midnight that would that much noise.

Just a question

Another point that this being a 2 week cruise in March. the cruise passengers tend to be on the older side and also the quieter side. I can't imagine many children or teenagers on this particular Canal cruise.

I could be wrong.....

:confused:You couldn't sleep in 9096 unless you had a toe tag!

We are not light sleepers. But, like others on this forum have said, never try to sleep under a pool deck bar.

It is a huge, beautiful, sterile, airless room. No balcony, no sleep.

It's a no brainer!

I am an extremely light sleeper and go to bed early but had no problems sleeping in 9096 on Millennium. As I said, the overhang is the main minus for this suite.

Sue

This is why Cruise Critic is a massive compilation of "opinions"!Everybody seems to have one and thinks it is the best.Unfortunately,not so.

What makes your opinion the right one ? We are just giving ours , Everybody has different preferences.We are just stating what we like, not saying ours is best.Not everyone needs a verandah so Chill out!

We had the Celebrity suite on Infinity for our Alaska cruise and it is truly wonderful. You can see alot from your couch through those big windows. We also did the Panama Canal on Infinity in a CC1 aft balcony. On the transit we got up early and headed for the front of the ship to see us go through the first lock, later in the afternoon we went down to a lower deck to see how closer the ship came to the walls of the second lock, the last lock we stayed on our aft balcony. I have to say it was the highlight of the cruise. So in my opinion if you can not get an aft balcony go for the room you have as it is truly a suite. We had our butler serve us breakfast in there every morning. The closet is to die for and the bathroom is so much better than a regular cabin. I feel our vacations are special and if you can afford to get the Celebrity Suite I think you will enjoy it.

Pat

Archived