Do they check the wine" you bring on board?

agc291

I dont drink a lot of wine but do like Boones Farm.. pretty cheap stuff considered "flavored beer", there are a few flavors that are wine. Do you think it would be possible to bring these on board instead of the wine?

I dont drink a lot of wine but do like Boones Farm.. pretty cheap stuff considered "flavored beer", there are a few flavors that are wine. Do you think it would be possible to bring these on board instead of the wine?

I'm not 100% sure but, my guess would be no. They're more like a Twisted ice tea or Mikes Hard Lemonade and come packaged differently. I think these would be viewed more like premixed drinks. Therefore, I don't think it's acceptable.

You can bring a specific size bottle of wine in your carryon; one per person. I forgot the exact ml but it's not the larger bottle.

You may want to check with your TA of PVP.

If it says wine anywhere on the bottle, I would believe the argument is in your favor. Just make sure the bottle is sealed (not opened). When you go though security at the port, they will inspect your bottle and make sure it is sealed. They are more concerned that the bottle is sealed then the sharp metal object you are bringing aboard to open the bottle.

I to think you will be fine.

In Dec. we took a couple of bottles on board. One was in a coozie like you put on a beer bottle. The security guy just looked at the seal and said OK. He did not check the branding or label at all.

Enjoy your drink of choice and your cruise.

From reading all the different threads about how security handles things at different ports, it seems that the carnival rules are interpreted differently at each port. I would call and talk to Carnival directly or find the rules from their website and print them out to bring with you. The last person i would ask is a personal travel agent (someone not working for Carnival). They cannot possibly keep up with all the rules of every cruise line they deal with, let alone Carnival's.

Boone's is considered wine, so you should be fine.

look at the label on a bottle of Boone's Farm. It says "Flavored WINE". This is true in almost all states. Some states, like Minnesota and Utah have stupid laws about what can and cannot be sold in convenience stores. in those states, Boone's label will say "Malt-beverage" so that it can be sold next to the beer in a mini-mart, whereas wine can only be sold in licensed liquor stores.

If the bottle says "Flavored Wine" on the label, it can most definitely be counted as your one bottle per adult limit.

In December we had to take our wine out of the carry-on and pull the bottles out of the padded carrier we use. They checked to make sure the bottles were unopened and were indeed wine. That was the first time that's happened.

Boones is a wine or wine flavoured - not malt at all. At the LCBO in Canada it is considered a wine and says so on the label so "Should not be a problem" but like others say - Carnival is the last word. It is cheap so if it does not get through it is not a big loss also you get it back at the end. I personally would take regular wine and add pop to it if you like a really sweet or pop type wine.

You all just helped me...

While I love GOOD wine, I usually order at dinner. However, I LOVE Sangria out by the pool... Soooo with 6 of us going, we can bring a few bottles of sangria and our good wine.

I wasn't even thinking I could do this, I was only thinking of good wines for dinner.

That is why I love this board!

Port of Tampa didn't look at any of our carry-on wine...didn't even want us to take it out of our carry-on bags. Just right thru the scanner. Wish I had brought a bottle of hard alcohol instead!!

They did confiscate 2 steam irons from folks in line before and after us, lol.

San Diego didn't even care. First cruise I traveled with a friend and we each brought a bottle of Bellatore (pop top not a cork screw) and strolled right through. Second cruise I was traveling solo and still brought on two bottles. Both in my back-pack carry-on both times. Never even batted an eye.

Also both times I had a ton of Pepsi in my carry-on as well and they didn't open it to see what it really was. I could have EASILY strolled through with a 12 pack of beer in my suitcase.

The first cruise was with a larger group of about 50 and they managed to get rum, vodka, and tequila on board by just recorking emptywine bottles they'd filled with the alcohol.

Thanks for everyones help. however there are a couple of misconceptions about what boones farm is... there are only 2 considered wine, the rest are balt beverages and it says right on it flavored beer. Its $4 a bottle, if it gets confiscated oh well! Ill give it a try, im not a heavy drinker so this wont make or break my vacation.

Archived