Poll: Allure or Oasis? Eastern or Western?

DonnaK

Opinion wanted: Allure or Oasis? Eastern or western itinerary?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion wanted: Allure or Oasis? Eastern or western itinerary?

• Oasis; eastern itinerary
    • Oasis; western itinerary
    • Allure; eastern itinerary
    • Allure; western itinerary
    • neither; keep Serenade - Barbados itinerary

We are considering changing our current booking for Aug 2010 on Serenade (Barbados route) to either Oasis or Allure. All are roughly the same price for a basic balcony cabin, inside across the hall for the kids, and airfare.

Which ship would you choose, and why?

Which itinerary would you choose, and why?

I am the Queen of Indecision! lol

I have not cruised on an Oasis class ship, so you may want to more strongly consider the opinions of someone who has cruised on both. I chose Serenade and here are my reasons.

• I cruised on Serenade the first time for the itinerary, expecting to feel disappointed after cruising on the larger Freedom and Voyager Class ships. I discovered I really preferred the experience on Serenade.
  • Serenade is more intimate, making it easier to get to know your fellow passengers. The social aspect of a cruise vacation really appeals to me.
  • The ocean is ALWAYS visible on Serenade - from the nightclub to the elevators! I've read that's the down-side of the Oasis class ships. You lose that feeling of being "at sea" because you rarely have a view of the water.
  • I found the Freedom class to be overly crowded at the major events and activities.
  • The southern itineraries are so much better!! (I doubt anyone will argue this point!)

You'll have fun whatever you choose!

I was going to pick keep the Serenade option but I remember a past thread where we discussed this and I think that you are really second guessing that cruise. Therefore, I picked Oasis eastern route. If you have never done the western route it would be fine but after having done it I prefer the eastern sailings. I chose Oasis over Allure based on the fact that I prefer Saturday-Saturday sailings over Sunday-Sunday.

Also, some of the answers that you get may not take into consideration your concern with certain people being happy and maybe you intentionally left that out so I won't say any more about it.

I have two older teenagers who might be bored on Serenade, however they also don't like sea days, which is what you are referring to certain people not being happy. My husband and myself are apprehensive of the port intensive itinerary on Serenade...also flying to PR is not as convenient as flying to FLL

I was debating the same thing for a October cruise. Prefer Serenade's itinerary but thought the kids would be happier on Allure. We ended up picking Allure Eastern. Oasis would be fine too I just did Allure since it's a year younger. Eastern to me is easier to plan with kids. I think it all depends if you want the ship to be the vacation or the islands to be the main attraction. Either way I am sure it will be a great vacation!! You really can't go wrong

Allure eastern route. First after cruising on both Oasis and Allure, I like Allure a little more due to the changes that were made over her sister. I like eastern over western. Radiance class is the least favorite of the RCI ships that I have cruised. Too crowded compared to the larger ships. With teen age kids, Oasis class will be a much better choice.

We are considering changing our current booking for Aug 2010 on Serenade (Barbados route) to either Oasis or Allure. All are roughly the same price for a basic balcony cabin, inside across the hall for the kids, and airfare.

Which ship would you choose, and why?

Which itinerary would you choose, and why?

I am the Queen of Indecision! lol

I'm sorry, Donna, but you have already missed your cruise. :D

Oasis or the Allure for teenagers, not the Serenade. The Allure as stated in an earlier post has the improvements that were needed on the Oasis. We liked the art work on the Allure better but the shows were better on the Oasis. Either one is a safe bet. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived